[Q] What's the button combinations to boot into recovery or fastboot?

Search This thread

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
I was able to root, install TWRP, and permanent root using adb commands to get into fastboot and recovery. What's the proper key press combo because I cannot figure this out?

Sent from your mom's smartphone

I was able to root, install TWRP, and permanent root using adb commands to get into fastboot and recovery. What's the proper key press combo because I cannot figure this out?

1. FIRST of all, make sure that Fast Boot is off (Settings --> Power --> Fast Boot (uncheck).

2. Power off the unit.

3. While holding the volume button DOWN, press the power button. If you get the splash screen, you'll have to power off again and try again.

4. Hold both buttons for a second or two until you feel the vibration, then release the volume down button, the bootloader screen will come up.

5. Select hboot (if not already selected). Use volume button to scroll down to recovery. Press power. You will then see the splash screen (with red lettering unless you flashed an alternate hboot) and the unit will boot to recovery.

Do yourself a favor and either figure out a way to get the Advanced Power dialogue into your ROM, or download Quickboot which will do the same thing.

Reactions: jova33

jova33

Oct 12, 2011
Houston
Oh Jebus! None of the instructions I found mentioned turning off Fast Boot. I was sitting here last night for like 10 minutes trying to get into fastboot before I was like, "adb reboot fastboot"

hager03

Nov 2, 2012

If you have tritium back-up you can go to menu select reboot to recovery.

dm5530

Apr 25, 2010
Google Pixel 5

See hgoldner's reply; very good walkthrough.

If you want to install a mod to get the Advanced Power Menu (APM) with additional reboot options, I used this.

Good luck. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. FIRST of all, make sure that Fast Boot is off (Settings --> Power --> Fast Boot (uncheck).

2. Power off the unit.

3. While holding the volume button DOWN, press the power button. If you get the splash screen, you'll have to power off again and try again.

4. Hold both buttons for a second or two until you feel the vibration, then release the volume down button, the bootloader screen will come up.

5. Select hboot (if not already selected). Use volume button to scroll down to recovery. Press power. You will then see the splash screen (with red lettering unless you flashed an alternate hboot) and the unit will boot to recovery.

Do yourself a favor and either figure out a way to get the Advanced Power dialogue into your ROM, or download Quickboot which will do the same thing.