Search This thread

deadsoullp

Dec 20, 2009
Rio de Janeiro
My G1 is Mute! Help!!!

Hi Guys,
After 1 week update my G1 with the 4.2.11.1, my G1 is mute in calling.
I´m listening all the people but nobody listen me.

What can i do to fix this?

Thanks a lot and big hug for all!!!

infernofalcon

Sep 17, 2009
Okay, due to card reader issues, I need cyanogen recovery before I can install cm.

When I attempt to install the recovery through the terminal emulator I get permission denied. Please help.

Shrivel

Oct 1, 2006
Acworth, GA
Just want to add to the battery consumption list. I have a 2400 mah battery. I woke up and had 38%. Been. using the phone about 1.5 hrs. Now I'm @ 15%. I am always a heavy user and can usually get 15+ hours.

It's strange - I have noticed a significant decrease in battery life for the last few iterations of CM if I was using the phone; while idle there didn't seem to be that much difference. BUT, this latest one seems to have things back to normal. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I wiped prior to loading this one and have not wiped in maybe a half dozen or more updates.

I am getting normal battery life again under my normal usage patterns, but my normal usage patterns don't include many long usage sessions.

saffad

May 5, 2009
London
I'm having a really odd problem, i left my phone to sleep for about 15 mins and woke the phone up, the reception icon from notification bar dissapears and my phone crashes. Doesnt respond to anything. This happened three times already and i took out the battery etc.

So the third time i pressed Menu, Call, End button to see what happens, the G1 rebooted and it seems like it has WIPED the phone!! I'm still on Cyan 4.2.11.1 though. The unlock pattern does not work...the home button doesnt even work in the ROM !!

I have been using Cyan since v4 with no problems...the phone is unusable now! what should I do? how can I wipe and re-installing (and keep my apps)

Last edited:

crypticc

Aug 22, 2009
London
I have been using Cyan since v4 with no problems...the phone is unusable now! what should I do? how can I wipe and re-installing (and keep my apps)

Wipe and re-install doesn't clear apps on the ext partition if you use that.
Sometimes market loses link to your installed apps, but I just use atrackdog to open open each in the market, and re-install, which re-establishes the link for me.

infernofalcon

Sep 17, 2009
Congrats for the 10,000th post! =D

I am following that guide. I did everything on that, but after the cyanogen android screen, I get brought to a black screen, similar to what happens if I try using an incompatible theme. I have tried thrice now.

Any other ideas? Again, this is not my phone, so it is kind of urgent that I get this matter resolved.

Ziltoid

Aug 8, 2009
Happy New Year!!

3g connection problem

I am also having problems with 3g. This didnt happen before until I upgraded to 4.2.9 and then up. I can browse the market for a few minutes before connection drops. Same with web. Same with games like Craigs Race. I cant even play anyone anymore. I can however send texts. It was working fine with 4.2.5. Now if I go back to 4.2.5, its still messed up. I dont know what the hell is going on. Might be my phone? Ill try contacting Tmo to see whats going on.

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
wow. Page 1000 on the first day of 2010! Good work, Senor Cyanogen; you couldn't have planned it any better. (That is, of course, if you didn't plan it...)

saffad

May 5, 2009
London
Cheers, i just wiped and re-installed. Seems to work fine so far.

oh my god, G1 just crashed again while waking the phone up. Strangely the icon for Dialer had dissapeared aswell. what the hell is going on!

my G1 seems impossible to use, It acts like its bricked everytime it crashes! and it crashes everytime i wake the phone up after leaving it for 10-15mins! can't seem to fix it..

808xplode

Nov 10, 2009
Volcano
oh my god, G1 just crashed again while waking the phone up. Strangely the icon for Dialer had dissapeared aswell. what the hell is going on!

my G1 seems impossible to use, It acts like its bricked everytime it crashes! and it crashes everytime i wake the phone up after leaving it for 10-15mins! can't seem to fix it..
have you tried to fix permissions by going into terminal and typing

su
fix_permissions

808xplode

Nov 10, 2009
Volcano
3g connection problem

I am also having problems with 3g. This didnt happen before until I upgraded to 4.2.9 and then up. I can browse the market for a few minutes before connection drops. Same with web. Same with games like Craigs Race. I cant even play anyone anymore. I can however send texts. It was working fine with 4.2.5. Now if I go back to 4.2.5, its still messed up. I dont know what the hell is going on. Might be my phone? Ill try contacting Tmo to see whats going on.
you could be having issues with your sim card, I think t-mobile will give you one for free too.

kefs

Mar 2, 2006

you wouldn't happen to have a logcat would you?

btw.. 10000th post! w00t! sounds like it might be time for a new thread...
edit: got beat!! damn!

bmj1086

Apr 11, 2008
Dallas

Bricked is an electronic device that has been damaged beyond repair. Your phone is not bricked. Do you know how to run logcat?

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Maybe you should stick with the stock ROM, just saying. If not I suggest downloading 4.2.11.1 for a fresh ROM. Doing a wipe, then reinstall the HTC recovery image and Flash 4.2.11.1. Also do a ext repair and make sure you are using a ext3 partition. This should help.

saffad

May 5, 2009
London
Bricked is an electronic device that has been damaged beyond repair. Your phone is not bricked. Do you know how to run logcat?

no, I dont know how to do run a logcat, but i did a quick google search and I have to run an app or something right? But I can't even turn my G1 on at the moment, and no charging lights...

btw, this issue just started happening. I never had a problem with CyanMod since v3 or something and I have been upgrading correctly..I'm also using ext 3 partition. hmm my G1 time is over? :(

Last edited:

saffad

May 5, 2009
London

My phone got bricked before when i tried Hero ROMs...T-Mobile changed the motherboard completely. butI think it is bricked now :( doesnt respond to any button combination presses, no charging lights...

edit: somehow the phone turned on after taking battery in and out a few times..i will attempt run logcat. I suspect the battery is at fault. Im gonna have to buy a new one.

here's my logcat its extremely long!! would appreciate if someone could have a look..
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmmezzfg0iv

Last edited:

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
I have been getting force closes on google talk when I try to get a message from the notification bar, it will force close once and then allow me to get the message the second time. It does this almost every single time.

This happened one or 2 updates ago I am now running 4.2.10.1.

I have completely wiped my phone, and wiped the SD card and it is still happening.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

I'm having the exact same problem. Has there been a solution to this? I checked the issue tracker and didn't see anything in there so I'm going to submit one.

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
Just a little feedback from using 4.2.11.1

1) phone becomes laggy for about 30 seconds after turning wifi on or off.

2) phone becomes unresponsive for about 30 seconds after installing apps in the market.

3) scrolling through the browser is slower.

4) overall performance of the phone is slower.

This is really the first time I've actually felt one of these roms lose performance. Running the rom with no theme, compcache enabled, advanced task manager to kill background apps, and have not ran a logcat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)