[Q] My Galaxy Mega won't startup

Search This thread

cortex47

Aug 11, 2012
Ankara
www.facebook.com
Hey mates. I've updated my phone to the Russian KitKat firmware today. First it opened perfectly fine. Then I wanted to switch off to do the wipe cache and wipe data thing. I've pressed the combination volume up + home + power and the screen lighten up but after approximately 5 seconds, the phone switched off. Then I pressed off and it stucked on the Samsung screen. I couldn't switch it off and pulled out the battery. Tried to go into Odin mode, but same thing happened. Then I recharged it to full, but still the same. I can't format the phone, nor open it. Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.

BoiBundy

Jan 31, 2012
New York
Hey mates. I've updated my phone to the Russian KitKat firmware today. First it opened perfectly fine. Then I wanted to switch off to do the wipe cache and wipe data thing. I've pressed the combination volume up + home + power and the screen lighten up but after approximately 5 seconds, the phone switched off. Then I pressed off and it stucked on the Samsung screen. I couldn't switch it off and pulled out the battery. Tried to go into Odin mode, but same thing happened. Then I recharged it to full, but still the same. I can't format the phone, nor open it. Can anybody help me? Thank you very much.

Hey mate, did you ever fix your problem?

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
You will have to re-install the rom as by wiping the data that is important to the running of the rom, you wipe the Cache and the Dalvik cache only, if you can get to the download mode (odin mode) then reflash the rom, try that same button combo with the phone powered off first and see if you can get into the download mode. :)

Last edited:

cortex47

Aug 11, 2012
Ankara
www.facebook.com
Update: I have applied the USB Jig solution. The phone got into Odin Mode, but it didn't show up on the screen. The screen was black (shiny black, I knew it was on), but Odin recognized the phone. Then I reflashed the ROM, the phone restarted but it stuck on the SAMSUNG screen, however Odin said PASS. So I have gone back to square one. I still can't use the three buttons to get into Odin or Recovery Modes. I only can use USB Jig but this happens. I can't wipe data or cache. And after this operation, now my phone charges, but it doesn't show up on the screen and the notification lights don't work like it used to. What should I do know? It's clearly a software problem, but I have no idea about what to do next.