[SHARE] Official CM11

Search This thread

fred65

Mar 18, 2008
Melbourne
Phone warming up while docked

I bought a dock for the phone, works nicely! I notice though that the phone gets warm and charging is slower than with the standard USB method, which is odd.

I tried turning off daydream (finally, a use for daydream!) and even turned off the screen, but seems to stay warm (not hot) while docked. Just wondering if anyone else has tried a dock or had this issue? Phone rarely gets warm in normal use for me. Hard to know if it's CM, an app, or the phone itself...

cesar65

Nov 25, 2012
Stuttgart
hmm i'm using last one (20140911) and external sdcard write works ok (cm file manager, solid explorer, quickpic).

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact using Tapatalk

Does not work here. It seems to have started with the nightly on 10th. During boot, the spinning arrow slows down considerably until the boot finally completes. External SD just cannot be accessed. In my PC, the card continues to look fine. I have a 64G SD, so SDXC standard. Perhaps that is the difference here. I should also note that I enabled update of the recovery via developer options as well. The recovery is not automatically updated. I was hoping that one day the date and time bug with nandroid backups would be fixed... did not happen so far.

rzlatic

Jun 20, 2012
LV-426
Does not work here. It seems to have started with the nightly on 10th. During boot, the spinning arrow slows down considerably until the boot finally completes. External SD just cannot be accessed. In my PC, the card continues to look fine. I have a 64G SD, so SDXC standard. Perhaps that is the difference here. I should also note that I enabled update of the recovery via developer options as well. The recovery is not automatically updated. I was hoping that one day the date and time bug with nandroid backups would be fixed... did not happen so far.

i also have option to update cm-recovery turned on. but my scdard is really accessible no problem, also 64gb sdxc class10 if that makes any matter.
+1 for fixing date on nandroid backups :)

however, do a nandroid, wipe everything, flash again and see how scdard behave. if it's a bug (although i cannot replicate) you can go back to nandroid, but perhaps it will fix the problem.

cesar65

Nov 25, 2012
Stuttgart
i also have option to update cm-recovery turned on. but my scdard is really accessible no problem, also 64gb sdxc class10 if that makes any matter.
+1 for fixing date on nandroid backups :)

however, do a nandroid, wipe everything, flash again and see how scdard behave. if it's a bug (although i cannot replicate) you can go back to nandroid, but perhaps it will fix the problem.

I tested the SD card with my PC. I can read it, but not delete anything and an attempt to format it runs for some time and then terminates with an error. Conclusion: must be a problem with the card, not with CM. The very strange thing is that it started right after flashing a nightly build.

Thanks a lot rzlatic for your support and advice.
Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Nash123

Sep 21, 2010
Camera opened without the normal 30 seconds lag. Either I missed something or it has been fixed :)

Edit: Nevermind. After reboot it still freezes.

Last edited:

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
Hello, @marouane80,
How did you extract those files?
I'd like to have the same for the latest baseband.
Thanks

wich files are talking about ? baseband ?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

:D your first post

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Hello, @marouane80,
Thanks

if you speak french send me a pm

rzlatic

Jun 20, 2012
LV-426
according to CM blog, last safe nightly to migrate to M10 is 20140908, as the code was freezed on September 9th (source), so every nightly build after that date contains newer code therefore producing FCs or bootloops. wipe before going to M10 if you nightly is compiled after Sept 9, or stay on latest nightlies.

e2zippo

Dec 28, 2009
Borlänge
according to CM blog, last safe nightly to migrate to M10 is 20140908, as the code was freezed on September 9th (source), so every nightly build after that date contains newer code therefore producing FCs or bootloops. wipe before going to M10 if you nightly is compiled after Sept 9, or stay on latest nightlies.

Thanks! Maybe I should read the blog once in a while, I flashed the 20140914 nightly and I was back again.

Is it safe to keep on flashing nightlies anyway, for instance, 20140917 tomorrow, and so on?

marouane80

Apr 4, 2010
Hello, @marouane80,
Thanks

Look to your message box

Salut, tu vas bien ? la famille ? tout le mode va bien ??
... je plaisante

alors, pour commencer , il te faut 4 trucs :

- 7-zip ou WinRAR
- le dernier firmware de Z1 Compact sous forme .ftf disponible sur xda (gros fichier !)
- flashtool (évidement le dernier) : www.flashtool.net
- ext2explore (disponible sur xda)

.Avec 7-zip tu extrais le fichier nommé system.sin (le plus gros fichier)
.Dans flashtool, tu cliques (en haut) sur : Tools>Sin Editor>Extract Data (va faire pipi entre-temps et reviens dans 5 min)
.Tu as maintenant un fichier nommé : system.ext4
.Tu l'ouvres avec ext2explore, et tu sauvegardes tous les fichiers similaires à ceux que t'as eu dans mon zip (etc/firmware et vendor/firmware/keymaster)
.Fais copier-coller dans l'ancien zip et rassemble le tout pour flasher !

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

new month, new update. Just finished uploading a new build. I also went on a hunt for kernel security issues and added few more fixes for those as well. Overall the build contains the following:

• May Google security patches
    • fix for CVE-2013-4312 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2014-7822 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2014-7970 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2014-7975 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2014-8160 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-5697 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-7509 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-7799 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-8539 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-8543 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2384 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2545 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2546 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2547 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2549 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-2847 (Kernel)

I don't know if the kernel fixes before CVE-2015-5697 are really necessary for us on Android, but since I was working on it anyway I just included them.

You can download the new build here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24533103863138781

For those interested, here's a link to my github for the CM11 kernel: https://github.com/derfelot/android_kernel_sony_msm8974/tree/cm-11.0

And finally, those running CM12.1 like me might be interested to know that I am also incorporating these kernel fixes into the CM12.1 tree (which is not seeing much official love anymore either) and making my own builds. Let me know if you are interested and I can upload that as well when I have the time.

Cheers
    Hi,

just finished a new build. It contains fixes for the following:

• CVE-2015-1474 (looks like this one indeed solves CVE-2015-1528 showing as unfixed in VTS)
    • CVE-2015-1536
    • CVE-2015-3845
    • Fix for Xposed not installing anymore. This means no more xposed_fix.zip should be necessary, but keep it handy just in case. (thanks to @golden-guy)

You can grab the build here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087001801

Cheers
    Hahaha love the way you're demanding people fix your problems for something you haven't paid for ... people crack me up..... how about you try being polite and asking nicely, seeing as A) You don't know these people and B) You haven't given them a penny for the work they are doing
    So here's the new build. As I said, it not only includes the Stagefright 2.0 patches, but also most of the applicable fixes by Google in its latest security release. This includes patches to libstagefright, libflac, libutils (aka CVE-2015-6602), Sonivox, keystore, skia, bluetooth, etc. Stagefright detector says it's all good.

I've done a dirty flash and a quick test run and all seems OK. If time allows, I will continue to manually patch CM11, but I am hoping to be able to switch to CM13 soon(-ish).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347840629

Best.
    Hi there,

just finished a new build. Besides the monthly Google security patches, I also went through recent kernel patches and applied them since the CM11 branch of the Z1C kernel is not maintained anymore. So the changes include:

• April Google security patches
    • fix for CVE-2015-7550 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2015-8785 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-0723 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-0774 (Kernel)
    • fix for CVE-2016-0821 (Kernel)
    • fix for buffer overflow in msm perf (Kernel)

You can download the build here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995316619

If you know of any other kernel CVE's, let me know and I'll include fixes in the next build.

Seeing as there's a bunch of patches I applied manually and since I don't run CM11 anymore, I'd appreciate a quick confirmation that the ROM still runs OK.

Best