[ROM] ICS Sense 4.0 aka Alpha Goldfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
Alright Guys.

My build is up. The link for my build is in my sig. I will give credit to the original ROM creator once the build gets booting.

I am NOT responsible if something goes wrong with your device. Like I said, this is for TEST purposes only. The ROM is based on a Sensation port, and the Sensation ROM had aroma installer with it, so you'll see aroma installer if it works.

Please, Please, PLEASE flash this at your OWN risk. And if You CAN, give me a logcat. Don't flame me, or anyone, if this does not boot. I don't expect very much from this build. Any input is helpful, and I hope we can get Sense 4 soon.

Good luck :D

Reactions: Rabim

Rabim

Feb 26, 2010
Beltville
Alright Guys.

My build is up. The link for my build is in my sig. I will give credit to the original ROM creator once the build gets booting.

I am NOT responsible if something goes wrong with your device. Like I said, this is for TEST purposes only. The ROM is based on a Sensation port, and the Sensation ROM had aroma installer with it, so you'll see aroma installer if it works.

Please, Please, PLEASE flash this at your OWN risk. And if You CAN, give me a logcat. Don't flame me, or anyone, if this does not boot. I don't expect very much from this build. Any input is helpful, and I hope we can get Sense 4 soon.

Good luck :D

Going to add this to main thread if you dont mind

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
-

Htc phone, aroma does come up,but looks like from what i can tell it doesnt actually install anything,it just carrys on and tells you to reboot after about 15 seconds.

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
Its all good. I gotta wait for a logcat, as I have to leave the computer for a little while. If anyone can get me a logcat, PM me.

Edit: Something that MIGHT have gone wrong. Wrong binary-update-installer. Attached is the one that should be used.

Please go to META-INF > com > google > android, and paste this file there. Then try once more please.

----Do NOT Flash the zip, simply unpack it and place the file as stated above----

Attachments

• update-binary-installer.zip
    140.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

MadMax

Oct 27, 2010
Edmonton
Its all good. I gotta wait for a logcat, as I have to leave the computer for a little while. If anyone can get me a logcat, PM me.

Edit: Something that MIGHT have gone wrong. Wrong binary-update-installer. Attached is the one that should be used.

Please go to META-INF > com > google > android, and paste this file there. Then try once more please.

----Do NOT Flash the zip, simply unpack it and place the file as stated above----

I tired and all i get is Status 0 installation aborted

bergfex

Sep 16, 2010
Hagenberg
I will try it!
downloading the rom at the moment.
then i will add the update-binary-installer in the rom zip file and try to flash it.

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
The link is in my sig under Dev-Host.. Add the file from a few posts above to the proper directory before flashing and see what happens..

I'm looking into removing Aroma Installer since somewhere along the way Aroma installer can't find the commands to begin the install. If I remove Aroma safely, I'll update the build.

If anyone testing can get a logcat, please provide it.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Yes, and also added that file

That link is a different ROM, I uploaded my own version

bergfex

Sep 16, 2010
Hagenberg
WTF!

it has a touch enabled config menu during flashing with a wrong calibrated touch screen for me.
Hitting the home button several times leads me trough the config process.
Now it is booting...
intering my pin...
htc logo...
config screen...
does not look like sense 4.0
say sense 3.0 android 2.3.5 Android Revolution HD 6.1, my last Rom

Last edited:

Adrianiii

Jan 12, 2009
Stockholm
The link is in my sig under Dev-Host.. Add the file from a few posts above to the proper directory before flashing and see what happens..

I'm looking into removing Aroma Installer since somewhere along the way Aroma installer can't find the commands to begin the install. If I remove Aroma safely, I'll update the build.

If anyone testing can get a logcat, please provide it.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

That link is a different ROM, I uploaded my own version

Where can we download your build to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here we have the OP, who want's to learn & give something to the Desire HD community.

What happens next....

1. The whole community gets behind him/her and provides necessary guidance & advice to achieve the overall goal?
    2. Some users take it upon themselves to "nay-say" and just bring the thread down before it's even started?

We want the answer to be 1.
    Yet here we are again, and we have 2.

Please guys, don't push away those who want to give something back to the community.

Rabim - I've moved your thread to General until things start to progress. Once you have something together just send me a PM and I'll get this moved into the Development forum.
    Also, any problems of issues? Just PM me or add me on GTalk and I will always be happy to help. (Seems like 3/4's of XDA's Million users have me on GTalk now :))
    Alright,

I have a build just compiled, using the boot.img from another Sense ICS ROM. Its currently uploading but I DO NOT GUARANTEE IT WILL BOOT

What I'm looking for if it DOES boot, is a logcat, or ANYTHING that people can help me with. Do NOT flame if it DOESN'T boot.

I'll update the post when the ROM uploads.
    hey community if you can't support him so try to encourage him...
    no one born as a DEV but with hard work and with support he can be.
    really i respect any one spend from his time and efforts to produce to us something new
    makes us happy.
    this should be interesting if he got wifi working whed at least 8 other guys couldn't make it happen
    OK so I just spoke to Rabim, and no, he doesn't have the ROM ready. It wouldn't boot because he's using the wrong kernel, and since there is no kernel for Sense 4, he used the one for AOSP which caused a lot of different issues.

HOWEVER, the guy is new to this, and he just wants to learn as much as he can, so if you're going to flame and write retarded comments about this, please hit yourself in the head with a sharp object first. If you guys have ideas and want to support him, I've messaged andy to move this thread to general section, and there you can share your ideas with Rabim and help him develop the ROM. He's using the recent nexus port of Endeavor.

EDIT: I would offer my help, but I have no time at all atm.