Sprint to start providing WiFi calls & texts!! Another OTA is on its way!

Search This thread

jpkelly05

Ya know. GS5 comes out next week. About 1/2 of us will upgrade. That phone will have this function anyways. This and the fact GS5 will have triband... = awesome. My only problem is... um.... year old phone shouldn't be old news just yet at $470... but I have an upgrade so.... maybe.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Triband means no WiFi + calls (before the update), no 3G or LTE during calls. No thanks. I'll gladly stick with my GS4. Maybe these things will change if they allow 3G and 4G on the Gs5 while on a call.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Triband means no WiFi + calls (before the update), no 3G or LTE during calls. No thanks. I'll gladly stick with my GS4. Maybe these things will change if they allow 3G and 4G on the Gs5 while on a call.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

Rumors are it will go on sale mid March actually. Just rumors though lol.

Reactions: daniel4653

jpkelly05

.And the GS5 does NOT come out next week. Its being formally announced. Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April.

Dude... your a f'n ****. And this is old news that it is coming out in 3 weeks (Available) And yes it is being revealed next week but that is no reason to not get what I obviously meant. Ass

http://pocketnow.com/2014/02/20/galaxy-s-5-sales

no reason to be a **** dude!

If you didn't mean to come off that way I do apologize but I have seen so many trolls on here and there is no reason for it. Uncalled for drama And yes.... I could just let it go and not say a word, but you shouldn't be rude.

And you don't even have your facts right anyways either. I purchased my GS4 at Sprint May 2nd 2013.

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Well he explicitly said that it "comes out next week". Which is wrong since on Monday it is just announced. That's one point that j am trying to make. The later part from your info looks like I am wrong as you say it will be available in 3 weeks .

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Okay so I had the purchase date of the gs4 off by 2 weeks. I ordered mine like may 22 and received it about a week later.

One last thing. I'm not a troll at all. Look at my profile. I've got 7000+ posts and 2100+ thanks. I may come off harsh sometimes (not saying like right now), but with certain things that have already been answered and discussed it gets tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: leaderbuilder

jpkelly05

Well he explicitly said that it "comes out next week". Which is wrong since on Monday it is just announced. That's one point that j am trying to make. The later part from your info looks like I am wrong as you say it will be available in 3 weeks .

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Okay so I had the purchase date of the gs4 off by 2 weeks. I ordered mine like may 22 and received it about a week later.

Um. Comes out next week could mean a lot of things (totally a general term as I keep reading my words in relation to unpacked/actual release date). All I meant was that Sumsung is having the Unpacked 5 for Galaxy S5 next week. And anyone with an internet connection should know that... as it is a huge deal. Why are you even trying to make a point. Why couldn't you just add to the conversation instead of quoting me and trying to make it seem like I'm some kind of noob who had his facts totally wrong. Clearly your just looking to be right, with all the wrong facts or no facts at all, as you are on tapatalk and just blindly replying.

Here are some facts just for you:
Galaxy S4 - Unpacked 4 was on March 14th, 2013.
Galaxy S4 released on May 1st, 2013.

That was 6 weeks in between, not unclear time as you put it. "Like the GS4 that was announced in Feb/March and began to sell in late May/early June. The same will be for the GS4. At the earliest April. "

i F'N HATE trolls. And I really hate wrong incompetent trolls. If your going to make a point or if your going to try to point out someones wrong wording (and really- why waste your time on stupid BS), at least have all the facts. Next- don't be a **** about it, word it in a way to just add to the conversation.

But again. Here I am. I don't want to go any further with this and this is me extending the olive branch. I apologize if any of you think I am taking this too far and as I was trying to say in my 1st post....

Most of us will upgrade to the GS5, WHENEVER it is actually released- that is what we do as techies. Weather or not it is going to have LTE/3G/WiFi/Triband calling and/or any other features is unknown until Monday or whenever Sprint actually releases it due to its difference of TriBand, CDMA and currently $30 for unlimited data from other Carriers in the US.

Food for thought when upgrading:
We will get to learn Knox all over again. YAY fun.
Might be better to wait for October as Android/Google might come out with a 64 bit version of Android and then the GS5 might be incompatible with an update.

But we can only guess this stuff until October. Unless someone has some facts that I clearly don't know.... lol.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

One last thing. I'm not a troll at all. Look at my profile. I've got 7000+ posts and 2100+ thanks. I may come off harsh sometimes (not saying like right now), but with certain things that have already been answered and discussed it gets tiring seeing the same thing over and over again.

Dan... this gives you no right to be bitter. I could sit here and post as many post as you, as I work from home and really could sit at the computer or on my phone and post stuff just as easily. My thanks are half as much as my post because I do my research and I help when I can. I write a lot in one post usually and that can be annoying to some who don't want a book. I choose not to write all the time for the simple fact that I am tired of trolls and flamers, and I accept that you are not a Troll. I saw that you have that many post and thanks when you replied - and honestly my first thought was- what is this guy doing. If anything I hope this humbles you a bit. We are all people and MOST of us deserve respect... even the noobs. Do not think I am giving you any credit because that was crap. I spend most of my time looking at Pocketnow, Phonearena, Android police and other tech news sites. I have also started dabbling in writing code but only minor stuff. And to anyone who condones tearing someone a new one just for generally speaking (Thanks)... I wish there was a negative thanks because Dan- you deserve at least one.

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
I'm editing my post in respect of others and to prevent the clogging of this thread with an argument that is not related much to the OP. If you would like to continue this PM me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtsv

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
Call me crazy but I can dear I've used 4G while on a call. I used to have my girl on speaker while I looked stuff up for her. I'm not crazy lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like its for the triband version and not the regular GS4.

Rumors are it will go on sale mid March actually. Just rumors though lol.

I'm editing my post in respect of others and to prevent the clogging of this thread with an argument that is not related much to the OP. If you would like to continue this PM me.
    wife calling huh? Is that to call other people's wives? Or to get a wife if I don't have one?
    Sounds like a great update.

Be careful with that update. It will break System/Fun :D