[Q] I think my LG Thrill doesn't boot

Search This thread

Trizzy_Trae

Nov 9, 2011
My LG Thrill is not booting. The battery is fully charged. I even replaced the battery and nothing. I am past my warranty and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it?

Trizzy_Trae

Nov 9, 2011
I'm not past the year warranty but if I returned it to At&t they would charge to get a new one (So I was told by customer service). So I'm just seeing if there is a way to fix it before I pay.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I'm not past the year warranty but if I returned it to At&t they would charge to get a new one (So I was told by customer service). So I'm just seeing if there is a way to fix it before I pay.

I swapped 4 captivates between me and my wife in the last year, I have never heard of being charged for warranty replacements. I could understand a restocking fee if you want to return, but not for a warranty replacement. But, I have always handled it over the phone, never in store. I have always been able to get a replacement overnighted to me without issue or charge.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

Trizzy_Trae

Nov 9, 2011
Its not powering at all. Ive connected it to the computer through USB and its in a loop of the computer recognizing it and not recognizing it.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
Did you do anything to it, CWM, ROM etc? When I soft bricked my captivate that's all it would do. I had to get a jig to fix it.

I don't know how to unbrick a Thrill, but I think the O3D forum has an unbrick method that should work, if its a soft brick vs hardware failure.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
If the computer "see" the phone it means that at least is not totally dead.. probably it is just bricked follow the unbricking phone guide in the Optimus 3d forum

Trizzy_Trae

Nov 9, 2011
I've tried that but the computer "sees" the phone then doesn't. It loops in recognizing and not recognizing. Its pretty frustrating.

affenzeit

Mar 9, 2011
Dallas
Have you tried holding the volume down and power at the same time? You would let go at the lg logo if it works. That should get you at least into recovery.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk