[APP][2.2+] PCBTKeyboard - Use your PC, as android keyboard

Search This thread

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Ok, today I made a Poll, asking if this was a good Idea. Even if low amount of people voted, I can see a high percent of them said is something cool. So here it Is, a Simple software made for using your pc / laptop with bluetooth, for writing into your android device ( even for playing! :) ), there are 2 apps, PC one (you need java installed), and android one, for Froyo or superior. Download is on second post.

NOTE: THIS APP NEEDS ROOT, BECAUSE USES CONSOLE COMMANDS FOR SIMULATE KEYPRESS!

Instructions:
First youll have to sync your pc with your android device.
then open PCBTKeyboard.jar, and press on "Start bluetooth connection" button
Then open android app, and search on paired list (or press scan devices), your pc, and connect It.
Finally, write on your pc, and it will be written on your phone

Some screenshots (pc and phone):

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,840
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,443
  • screenshot-1326399433528.png
    screenshot-1326399433528.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 2,417
  • screenshot-1326399450036.png
    screenshot-1326399450036.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,270
  • screenshot-1326399475200.png
    screenshot-1326399475200.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,017
Last edited:

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
23/01/2012
Increased speed but removed ability to write outside the app.
Added characters like !"#$%&/()=?¡¨*[].. etc
12/01/2012
First Release - Need testers on All devices

Official List of Current Working Devices:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Family - Fully working
LG GT540 - Fully working
Samsung Galaxy SII - Fully working
LG Optimus 2x - Fully working
Huawei u8800 -Fully working
Galaxy tab -Fully working
Acer Iconia A500 - Fully working
Atrix 4G -Fully working
Galaxy 5 - Fully working
Toshiba folio 100 - Fully working
Samsung Galaxy S - Fully working
Htc Desire Bravo - Fully working
Htc Desire HD - Fully working

Attachments

• PCBTKeyboard.zip
    602.7 KB · Views: 3,718
  • PCBTKeyboard-release.apk
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,917
Last edited:

s0ftcorn

Apr 25, 2011
i get the message "error connecting" with my U20i (XPeria x10 mini pro) with the kernel and device as shown in my signature. Some more detailed error messages would be nice.

justsayin'

Dec 29, 2011
Jordan
works on LG GT540 but some bugs :
1-very slow response (writes the letter after 2-5 seconds) also when using backspace the box on pc is empty but letters are still there in phone
2-After I change to another application it just write random letters of word e.g (If I write Market it write on phone "Ma" or "rk" etc...
3-After a while of using I get this error on pc
ca111pture.jpg

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
okay. so what do you actually mean with "sync"? Just pair it or what?
Because i did pair my netbook and my U20i, then pressed on my netbook on the list of the paired devices, which then resulted in the "error connecting".

There's an option to sync, that willl show a code or somthing like that, on phone and pc, for better results, you should do that.

1-very slow response (writes the letter after 2-5 seconds) also when using backspace the box on pc is empty but letters are still there in phone
2-After I change to another application it just write random letters of word e.g (If I write Market it write on phone "Ma" or "rk" etc...
ca111pture.jpg

The slow response is normal behaviour, i need to find a better way to writing, also, for delete all characters you need to press back space, multiple times (not just hold pressed), ill work on that too.
and the error maybe because you are using non allowed characters like ¡ or ?, wich android input keyevent and input text does not recognize. The random letters is weird, could i get a video on that? thanks.

btw, I can do software as fast as real time, but it will lost ability to write outside activity, and over any application

Last edited:
Reactions: kkkhattak

justsayin'

Dec 29, 2011
Jordan
The slow response is normal behaviour, i need to find a better way to writing, also, for delete all characters you need to press back space, multiple times (not just hold pressed), ill work on that too.
and the error maybe because you are using non allowed characters like ¡ or ?, wich android input keyevent and input text does not recognize. The random letters is weird, could i get a video on that? thanks.

btw, I can do software as fast as real time, but it will lost ability to write outside activity, and over any application

Well I Updated my PC bluetooth driver.. So I guess errors disappeared . Test video is right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3WqTKQIyY&feature=
now you can Put LG GT540 as "tested and worked" devices. and I will make a thread about this in the GT540 forum

Last edited:

batista16

Mar 7, 2011
Leiria
I really liked the concept, I can't test it because I dont have Bluetooth on my laptop, I think it would be awsome if you could implement an Wifi solution.. (like Winamp syncs when the phone is on the same network as the phone)..

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
I really liked the concept, I can't test it because I dont have Bluetooth on my laptop, I think it would be awsome if you could implement an Wifi solution.. (like Winamp syncs when the phone is on the same network as the phone)..

+1 on the Wifi or even via abd/usb. I have been using wifikeyboard with a small c# frontend to the webbrowser needed and that works pretty well, except for causing lists not to scroll correctly at times. Having something else which would work better is always something cool. Great job

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

A5J4DX

Dec 18, 2010
looks promising glad it works on the gs2

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

getting an error connection im guessings its down to my bluetooth damn you windows 7, well at least thats what im guessing since i hate how w7 manages the bluetooth

SameeraPerera

Jan 19, 2011
Colombo
Use Case :)

I have a pretty good use case for this app. In companies, where access to Chat apps such as Gtalk is blocked, you could use this app message with your friends via Gtalk on the phone. Your PC will still be on the company network and you'll chat on your data connection. You'd need to mount the phone next to your PC monitor, where u can see the screen while working.
And then, you can chat away and somebody from far will only think that you are doing your regular work on your PC :)

I haven't yet tried out the app, so I'm not sure if this is totally supported. Hope it is :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, today I made a Poll, asking if this was a good Idea. Even if low amount of people voted, I can see a high percent of them said is something cool. So here it Is, a Simple software made for using your pc / laptop with bluetooth, for writing into your android device ( even for playing! :) ), there are 2 apps, PC one (you need java installed), and android one, for Froyo or superior. Download is on second post.

NOTE: THIS APP NEEDS ROOT, BECAUSE USES CONSOLE COMMANDS FOR SIMULATE KEYPRESS!

Instructions:
    First youll have to sync your pc with your android device.
    then open PCBTKeyboard.jar, and press on "Start bluetooth connection" button
    Then open android app, and search on paired list (or press scan devices), your pc, and connect It.
    Finally, write on your pc, and it will be written on your phone

Some screenshots (pc and phone):
    23/01/2012
    Increased speed but removed ability to write outside the app.
    Added characters like !"#$%&/()=?¡¨*[].. etc
    12/01/2012
    First Release - Need testers on All devices

Official List of Current Working Devices:

Sony Ericsson Xperia Family - Fully working
    LG GT540 - Fully working
    Samsung Galaxy SII - Fully working
    LG Optimus 2x - Fully working
    Huawei u8800 -Fully working
    Galaxy tab -Fully working
    Acer Iconia A500 - Fully working
    Atrix 4G -Fully working
    Galaxy 5 - Fully working
    Toshiba folio 100 - Fully working
    Samsung Galaxy S - Fully working
    Htc Desire Bravo - Fully working
    Htc Desire HD - Fully working
    okay. so what do you actually mean with "sync"? Just pair it or what?
    Because i did pair my netbook and my U20i, then pressed on my netbook on the list of the paired devices, which then resulted in the "error connecting".

There's an option to sync, that willl show a code or somthing like that, on phone and pc, for better results, you should do that.

ca111pture.jpg