Sleep Vs Shutdown ? Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Search This thread

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Hi what mode do you keep your tablet in when not using it ? As this whole last week, my tablet has been sleeping and im thinking is it worth me leaving it on sleep ? While im not using the tablet ? As i do lose about 6% battery over 14 hour period.. So my question is shall i shut the Sony Xperia Tablet Z down or leave it too sleep ? What do you guys and gals do ?

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
I keep my me in sleep mode all the time but just toggle the Airplane mode On when I am done for the day. It will dramatically increase your battery life! When ready to use just switch it back to WiFi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

VinzV07

Aug 14, 2013
Brussels
Hello,
That's right that "shutdown & start" decreases battery, but long sleep gives me problems like slower wifi or unstable, slower apps, lags,...
I think it depends which apps/widgets you have.
We use multi-users.
The tablet is not rooted, everything is "Sony official" (not like on Xperia S that needed to be... refreshed).
Regards,
Vinz

Envoyé de mon Xperia S en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
You can always shut it down before you start charging it and when it's done you got fresh start and full battery.

VinzV07

Aug 14, 2013
Brussels
Hi !
Updated answer ;)
With the updated tablet ;)
Since the new version of Android, you probably noticed that shutting down takes a long long time...
So, now, I use Sleep mode BUT I cut Wifi before. It changed my way to use the tab because my battery is better and I didn't notice any lags, Wifi problems,...
Regards

Envoyé de ma tablet Xperia Z avec Tapatalk Pro

barrados101

Sep 24, 2013
I leave mine to sleep, loose 0% overnight with stamina mode enabled, If i shut it down and restart in the morning it looses about 3-5% during shutdown and rebooting.

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
I leave mine to sleep, loose 0% overnight with stamina mode enabled, If i shut it down and restart in the morning it looses about 3-5% during shutdown and rebooting.

Stamina mode really does work! Don't forget to enable it. I think there is no need to go into airplane mode but I do it regardless and battery life is really good!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I keep my me in sleep mode all the time but just toggle the Airplane mode On when I am done for the day. It will dramatically increase your battery life! When ready to use just switch it back to WiFi.

Hello,
    That's right that "shutdown & start" decreases battery, but long sleep gives me problems like slower wifi or unstable, slower apps, lags,...
    I think it depends which apps/widgets you have.
    We use multi-users.
    The tablet is not rooted, everything is "Sony official" (not like on Xperia S that needed to be... refreshed).
    Regards,
    Vinz

Envoyé de mon Xperia S en utilisant Tapatalk