[Q] Navigation Volume After KitKat

Search This thread

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
Ever since the KitKat update my navigation voice cannot be heard while music is playing.

Previously, Maps would pause my music and the voice would speak at full volume (or whatever volume was set).

Now, Maps does not pause the music, but instead turns it down, and the navigation voice is set to half volume. No matter how many times I turn it up, each new navigation command is once again reset to half volume, and I cannot hear it over the music that continues to play.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I've searched around a bit but all the threads on it I see are for older updates on other devices.

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
Is nobody else experiencing this? I've experienced it on two different HTC handsets after the KitKat update, so I'm assuming it's not limited to me, but I suppose you never know.

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
im not. stock unrooted on sprint. 4.4 update. use BT a lot in the car and the voice prompts stop the music player (poweramp) with no issues. volume is crisp and clear as its always been.

Thanks for that. I use Spotify for my streaming, so perhaps the issue is with Spotify. I'll download some music to the phone and try the stock music player to see.

marctronixx

Jul 18, 2007
just to clarify, poweramp is not the stock player. its 3rd party. i mainly use poweramp because it crossfades the music. :good:

Trooper Thorn

Jan 28, 2009
just to clarify, poweramp is not the stock player. its 3rd party. i mainly use poweramp because it crossfades the music. :good:

Yeah I know. But my assumption was that it was related to Spotify specifically (which is what I use 99% of the time) and that if I tried the stock music player it would work fine.

I tested it last night, actually not with the stock music player, but instead with TuneIn Radio Pro. It worked perfectly, so I now know the issue is with a recent Spotify update.