4.1.2 to 4.3 or not? t999v

Search This thread

kreso3k

May 27, 2008
Hey just wondering if I should do the update to stock 4.3 OTA or not. I've been looking at the root66 knox free 4.3 and it sounds good. Any Issues with it? or stock OTA? I've read mixed reviews, and am now confused. Also if I do install root66 on this wind t999v, am I required to install the stock OTA 4.3 update for it to work? Or am I in a better situation if I just install it from 4.1.2? Also any basic instructions on what I would have to do to install root66 would be much appriciated. I'm technologically inclined, just been out of the cellphone moding scene for quite some time, and just want to ask before I start asking how to unbrick. Thanks in advance.:good:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Knox Free Root 66 is always preferred over Stock update. The instructions and all the necessary files are in the Root66 Thread.

In short you need Odin v 3.xx Need to have the Drivers installed for your phone. Make sure Kies is not installed on your PC. Put your phone in Download mode and then connect to pc. Flash the Root66 file and you are done. There are several tutorials on Youtube for how to use Odin.

Note - For your Knowledge, please read on the 4.3 and its locked bootloader.

Last edited:

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
The root66 works fine on the wind phone and disables knox. it doesn't trip the flash counter so warranty is still intact if you had to flash back to a knox-rom. once you get into custom roms', the flash counter gets tripped though.

i just installed the 4.4.2 likewise rom, and it is smoooooooth. lol. it's not official though.

kreso3k

May 27, 2008
Kox Free Root 66 is always preferred over Stock update. The instructions and all the necessary files are in the Root66 Thread.

In short you need Odin v 3.xx Need to have the Drivers installed for your phone. Make sure Kies is not installed on your PC. Put your phone in Download mode and then connect to pc. Flash the Root66 file and you are done. There are several tutorials on Youtube for how to use Odin.

Note - For your Knowledge, please read on the 4.3 and its locked bootloader.

How do I know which wind pre-installed root firmware to install:
WIND Image
December 2013 - 4.3 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLUEMK5
Download :: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLUEMK5.7z

June 2013 - 4.1.2 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLDMF2
Perm Mirror: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLDMF2.7z

December 2012 - 4.1.1 JellyBean
Note: This is based off of the stock image GLW T999VVLDLL1
Perm Mirror: Download - root66_GLW_T999VVLDLL1.7z

my s3 is on 4.1.2 so do I download that one or is that the firmware that will be newly installed? I want 4.3 newly installed.

welcome2you

Jun 14, 2014
upgrade not good

Hey just wondering if I should do the update to stock 4.3 OTA or not. I've been looking at the root66 knox free 4.3 and it sounds good. Any Issues with it? or stock OTA? I've read mixed reviews, and am now confused. Also if I do install root66 on this wind t999v, am I required to install the stock OTA 4.3 update for it to work? Or am I in a better situation if I just install it from 4.1.2? Also any basic instructions on what I would have to do to install root66 would be much appriciated. I'm technologically inclined, just been out of the cellphone moding scene for quite some time, and just want to ask before I start asking how to unbrick. Thanks in advance.:good:

i want to downgrade, but cannot find any way to downgrade.