[Q] Few doubts about N9005

Search This thread
Hello Guys,

I need clarification on few doubts. I tried searching but was not able to find the correct answers. It would be great If someone could answer it.

1) I use a note3 n9005 in India. It was region unlocked when I bought it. I am planning on rooting it and installing a custom rom. Will the region lock kick in after I root or install the custom rom?

2) If I root the device without tripping the knox, will I get any samsung official OTA updates?

Thank you in advance.:good:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello Guys,

I need clarification on few doubts. I tried searching but was not able to find the correct answers. It would be great If someone could answer it.

1) I use a note3 n9005 in India. It was region unlocked when I bought it. I am planning on rooting it and installing a custom rom. Will the region lock kick in after I root or install the custom rom?

2) If I root the device without tripping the knox, will I get any samsung official OTA updates?

1. No
2. Yes - as long as your system status is official and knox flag is 0

Last edited:
Reactions: manu4204

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. If it does, Chainfire has an app for that. RegionLock Away.

2. Not to my knowledge. And you shouldn't want to, either. Best use Odin.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    Hello Guys,

1. No
    2. Yes - as long as your system status is official and knox flag is 0