[Q] courrpted sd card with swap partition

Search This thread

Aamirzkhan

Jan 16, 2014
Rampur (up)
Hey guys...
Ahh its a bad day for me..
5 days back i have decided to create a swap file for the sake of increasing my RAM to get good performance. And i have done it with the app called,「SWAP IT EXPANDER」 and yes my phone was working like a charm everything was working super awesome..
But today suddenly my sd card was showing error of it is corrupted... i tried to fix it with pc by chkdisk cammand but unfortunatly it wasnt working..
Then i google it and find shocking answers that swaping stuff can degrade the sd card life...
:( :mad::banghead::(:what:
And then i realised that i have lost my 16 gb class 10 sd card...
Is there any1 who can help me while fixing my card or let me know the safest method to create swap partition.. thanx to all in advance..
please help me guys

kundan.lohar

Mar 21, 2013
Rajasthan,India
Hey guys...
Ahh its a bad day for me..
5 days back i have decided to create a swap file for the sake of increasing my RAM to get good performance. And i have done it with the app called,「SWAP IT EXPANDER」 and yes my phone was working like a charm everything was working super awesome..
But today suddenly my sd card was showing error of it is corrupted... i tried to fix it with pc by chkdisk cammand but unfortunatly it wasnt working..
Then i google it and find shocking answers that swaping stuff can degrade the sd card life...
:( :mad::banghead::(:what:
And then i realised that i have lost my 16 gb class 10 sd card...
Is there any1 who can help me while fixing my card or let me know the safest method to create swap partition.. thanx to all in advance..
please help me guys
it is shocking dear. i have also created swap and having 1GB RAM in MMX110 using @saurabh0291
is it harmful to my internal sdcard.?

Aamirzkhan

Jan 16, 2014
Rampur (up)
Yes bro it is defnetly.. u can google it too..
Swap file can easily corrupt the fat files from sd card... :( disapointed but true :(

Sent from my A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

saurabh0291

Jun 18, 2013
Jodhpur
Swap on SD card is harmfull like roehsoft RAM expander app.
And its mentioned on play store clearly that swap on SD will degrade the life of SD card.
So instead of making swap on SD u should make swap by turbo boost concept of xda senior member harbir and delta-roh so head over to my thread revised 1gb ram swap in my signature. U will feel fly
@kundan.lohar don't worry
Some devices comes with turbo boost concept from company side
E.g. htc one v ....dont worry

Reactions: kundan.lohar

kundan.lohar

Mar 21, 2013
Rajasthan,India
And its mentioned on play store clearly that swap on SD will degrade the life of SD card.
So instead of making swap on SD u should make swap by turbo boost concept of xda senior member harbir and delta-roh so head over to my thread revised 1gb ram swap in my signature. U will feel fly
i have created swap using your zip as you can see in my signature ya offcourse i am feeling fly but i think this swap is not created On external SDcard it is on internal sdcard.
if it is harmful than my A110 will be dead if internal SDcard will currupt.becoz we can't change it like external.
i want some knowledge of turbo boost concept so please give me some details (links) like how it works.

saurabh0291

Jun 18, 2013
Jodhpur
i have created swap using your zip as you can see in my signature ya offcourse i am feeling fly but i think this swap is not created On external SDcard it is on internal sdcard.
if it is harmful than my A110 will be dead if internal SDcard will currupt.becoz we can't change it like external.
i want some knowledge of turbo boost concept so please give me some details (links) like how it works.

I have given u already that link somewhere now search it on xda
I am also using this don't worry

manrock111

May 9, 2011
Internet
i am on 2.7 BB kernel and want to flash you script, you provided 3 links for different files, plz tell me which one i need to flash. Renamed name confuses me. thanks.

EDIT: i flashed with 3rd link and after restart everything laggy as hell but soon it all settle.

In terminal it show i have only 255 swap?

Last edited:

Sonu44589

Mar 6, 2013
Roorkee
Apps for Swap never help much. I almost corrupted mine sd card too.

Instead of apps, flash the 1gb Ram mod or PMB v6 nitro x.

And I think your sd card is still in warranty since it has only been 2 years since the phone came out and Class 10 cards have around 5 year warranty. Get it replaced asap. Just don't baffle too much like how it happened. Just say that it stopped working. You'll get it replaced.
And next time flash mods instead of using apps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.