Motorola's Jelly Bean Promise

Search This thread

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.
The $100 promise wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't ask for your old phone too. As it is, all they do is basically make you sell your Atrix for $100. That's just ridiculous. On top of that, the offer is valid for only a few new models, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Reactions: ccrows

ASPTHEONE

Feb 13, 2011
MOCA
Motorola thinks their customers are idiots with the 100 discount!

Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount. Most probably it will come with a new contract from Verizon. But in the case they give the discount ,, Do the math,,, 500 dollars for a new unlocked phone - 100 trade discount equals to a lot of money. I will never get a MOTOFAIL device anymore.

Reactions: ccrows

ccrows

Aug 14, 2010
Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount.

^ This right here.

The Atrix is too good of a phone/backup phone for $100.

It's a shame that Motorola and Nokia both make great phones, and sadly I've been kicked hard in the nuts by both companies...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Apr 24, 2011
Well, since ATT announced they aren't going to update the 4G to ICS, there's no way they're going to offer the $100 to those customers.

Deggy

May 25, 2010
Massachusetts
Let's be realistic; $100 is like 20%. Boooo. That and Moto has done nothing but renege. I'll believe it when I see it....and even then I won't buy another Moto device.

I take back what I said. I misunderstood the news. I thought it was $100 off a full upgrade price AND keep your old phone. And the discount only applies to Verizon customers. Since they announced no ICS or JB on our phones, the $100 now seems like crap. I'd rather have ICS. Thank god for leak today.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you head over to Engadget, you'll find an article stating that Motorola promises too upgrade ALL new and existing phones to jelly bean. Sounds good right? That's not all: if they can't, they will offer $100 credit towards a new Moto handset.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually hoping they can't upgrade the atrix to jelly bean, so I can get a discount on a new phone XD!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
    I don't care if they give us ICS update or not. Atrix will be still the best daily use phone to be carried all day long. Pocket-friendly,battery durability and great build quality. I own Droid 4 and Bionic. Droid 4 has been upgraded to ICS official and Bionic has got ICS leak. I choose Atrix over those phones coz compact size and pocket friendly. But I'd like to see Moto keep their promise. :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Its just a trade in program if you read everything. Not worth anything IMO.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
    If you head over to Engadget, you'll find an article stating that Motorola promises too upgrade ALL new and existing phones to jelly bean. Sounds good right? That's not all: if they can't, they will offer $100 credit towards a new Moto handset.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually hoping they can't upgrade the atrix to jelly bean, so I can get a discount on a new phone XD!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Exact quote please ?

Found it : http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...grades-promises-developer-editions-of-phones/

That's a VERY good news...:D
    Motorola thinks their customers are idiots with the 100 discount!

Moto is offering 100 dollars for a phone that is worth more than that. Only an idiot will send his phone for the discount. Most probably it will come with a new contract from Verizon. But in the case they give the discount ,, Do the math,,, 500 dollars for a new unlocked phone - 100 trade discount equals to a lot of money. I will never get a MOTOFAIL device anymore.