[SCRIPT] Windows One Click Root Method [3/26/11]

Search This thread

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
HTC Thunderbolt Windows One Click Root
This is a simple batch file that will guide you in rooting your device.
It is pretty easy to follow along but please take your time and read everything. It has only been tested a few times so please report any errors or issues you find.
Huge thanks to NetForce-TX on IRC for testing along with helping, I owe you!
Also thanks to Jcase for guidance :)
TeamAndIRC and Captainkrtek (Me) are NOT responsible for any bricks, fires, or damaged/broken hardware due to this process

If you wish to read the batch files contents either open it with notepad or check the pastebin

Instructions are included in the file when running it along with where to get the necessary files.

Prerequisites:
  • Drivers Installed & Working
  • SDK Installed with ADB
  • Exploits.zip with contents extracted to your ADB dir
  • PG05IMG.zip
  • Downgrade RUU
  • A Thunderbolt running 605.6 or 605.9 Firmware
You can download the OneClickRoot here

I will update this from time to time if needed, If you have issues with the batch file please PM me on XDA or find me on irc.andirc.net #Thunderbolt.
I will not reply to your PM if you want me to help you root your phone!
UPDATE: If SU acts up (IE: Force closes) flash this via CWM

Last edited:

Cg006

Mar 21, 2007
Bronx, NY
so we set the phone to debug mode and the usb mode to just charging?

i was going to to the other root ;set up my ADB earlier but chickened out... i already have the files downloaded

Last edited:

Captainkrtek

Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
so we set the phone to debug mode and the usb mode to just charging?

i was going to to the ot her root and set up my abd earlier but chickened out... i already have the files downloaded

Yeah exactly, just debug and charging, until you have to copy over the roms then you will set the USB mode to mount SD

alphatectz

Apr 12, 2010
NYC
I did the long method but I missed the step to get s-off. Can I still use the one click root method sk I can obtain s-off?

b33zy682

Feb 12, 2010
ok so after i choose my path where my android sdk platform tools folder is i get

Pushing files via ADB...
This process may take some time, if it takes longer than 30 seconds
Make sure the drivers are install and USB debugging is on.
cannot stat 'psneuter': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'busybox': No such file or directory
cannot stat 'misc.img': No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/psneuter: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/busybox: No such file or directory

so what did i do wrong? i get my serial number when i get type adb devices....

Captainkrtek

Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
ok so after i choose my path where my android sdk platform tools folder is i get

Pushing files via ADB...

You need to put the contents of exploits.zip in the same directory ADB is in

Reactions: Cg006 and b33zy682

Cg006

Mar 21, 2007
Bronx, NY
Phone Has been Succesfully Rooted.
Did most of the steps while doing some WoW Raiding. lol

Thank you so much.... now.. should i flash a new rom on this baby?

Captainkrtek

Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
ok what in that zip needs to go where?

take everything that is in exploits.zip and move it to your android sdk directory specifically the location of adb.exe (will either be in platform-tools or tools) as for the two RUUs, they can be anywhere but you will have to move them at one point to your SD card. That is about it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTC Thunderbolt Windows One Click Root
    This is a simple batch file that will guide you in rooting your device.
    It is pretty easy to follow along but please take your time and read everything. It has only been tested a few times so please report any errors or issues you find.
    Huge thanks to NetForce-TX on IRC for testing along with helping, I owe you!
    Also thanks to Jcase for guidance :)
    TeamAndIRC and Captainkrtek (Me) are NOT responsible for any bricks, fires, or damaged/broken hardware due to this process

If you wish to read the batch files contents either open it with notepad or check the pastebin

Instructions are included in the file when running it along with where to get the necessary files.

Prerequisites:
    • Drivers Installed & Working
    • SDK Installed with ADB
    • Exploits.zip with contents extracted to your ADB dir
    • PG05IMG.zip
    • Downgrade RUU
    • A Thunderbolt running 605.6 or 605.9 Firmware
    You can download the OneClickRoot here

I will update this from time to time if needed, If you have issues with the batch file please PM me on XDA or find me on irc.andirc.net #Thunderbolt.
    I will not reply to your PM if you want me to help you root your phone!
    UPDATE: If SU acts up (IE: Force closes) flash this via CWM

Pushing files via ADB...

You need to put the contents of exploits.zip in the same directory ADB is in
    Have a question about ROOT and losing data connection after ROOT process. Have any ideas how to get data connection back and will doing a factory reset unROOT your phone?

I have tried rebooting. I can call and text only.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Im not sure about this issue with the data connection, try downloading Anycut from the market then making a shortcut that link to activity-->Phone info then scroll down to see if LTE +Cdma/EvDo is enabled.

Any help? I got to the point where I got the statement "enjoy your rooted phone". so far I can't get root access. Downloaded superuser. flashed the latest clockwork mod. ROM Manager won't let me flash to recovery because it says I don't have root. Have rebooted a few times. Any ideas?

See a few quotes below for a similar answer.

This part I don't understand. I'm to rename the...._165253_signed.zip to PG05IMG.zip, and then when it asks for PG05IMG.zip, I then DL PG05IMG.zip? The same file name confuses me...sorry. Am I not reading this correctly?? :(

At one step in the process you're supposed to rename that file with the long name to PG05IMG.zip and put it on the SD card, once it is flashed your phone will be downgraded. later on in the process you need to put a different file with the SAME name on your SD card (the other PG05IMG,zip). This is somewhat confusing to have two files with the same name in the end but if you accidentally flash PG05IMG.zip (the one originally named that) first then you may have some issues. Just take your time and follow the instructions

Will this method wipe the phone? Or is this the first that will not?

Yes it will as you have to flash an RUU twice which will wipe your partitions.

im having the EXACT same issue, all my root apps say no root, and rom manager is saying superuser not found in /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su

any ideas?

also, i tried pasting the su from the exploit folder into bin and xbin, but since i dont have root (or do i?) it wont let me place anything there

Well you could do:
    Code:
    adb push psneuter /data/local
    adb push su /data/local
    adb push busybox /data/local
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
    adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox
    adb shell /data/local/psneuter
    *you will need to restart adb here* adb kill-server
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
    adb shell /data/local/busybox cp /data/local/su /system/xbin/su
    adb shell chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
    adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

Then reinstall SU from the market (make sure it is the one made by chainsDD) after that
    REBOOT your phone a few times. Find me on chat.andirc.net if needed.

It didn't wipe my phone. Maybe thats a sign it didn't work.

sent using Tapatalk on the TB.

That means you flashed the wrong RUU, in the step where it said to rename the long file to PG05IMG.zip you just copied over the file named PG05IMG.zip instead of renaming the other, or during the flashing process you accidentally bump the phone and hit a button that would cancel the downgrade.

For some odd reason the daemon won't start when I have it set up as "charging"...it seems to want my phone to set to HTC Sync...is that normal?

Im not sure if that is normal as I dont use HTC Sync and am unfamiliar with it. If it works it works.
    Can we get a Step by Step Instruction Guide? it would be nice for us beginners
    This is my first HTC device so I'm unfamiliar with some things. When u say downgrade the ruu in the prerequisites , how do I go about that?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt!
    go download http://rom.galaxysense.com/thunderb..._NV_8k_1.37_9k_1.52_release_165253_signed.zip and then rename it to PG05IMG.zip when you get to the downgrade step. when it then asks to put the PG05IMG.zip RUU on the SDCARD then download http://rom.galaxysense.com/thunderbolt/PG05IMG.zip
    Hope that helps!