Mobile data won't reconnect after mobile network loss

Search This thread

Mazout360

Feb 17, 2012
Montreal
I am currently using owain's rom with the latest harsh kernel, and whenever I lose my data connectivity (damn tunnels), the 4g won't reconnect by itselfand the mobile data toggle becomes unresponsive...any tips on how to fix that?

Envoyé depuis mon LG-P999 avec Tapatalk

Mazout360

Feb 17, 2012
Montreal
So I do have to reboot every time...oh well gonna have to wait for a version that reconnects me adequately.
Thanks for the tips

Bobomo

Nov 14, 2010
Hold volume up and power into it reboots. Battery pull works sometimes but the hard reboot always works for me

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Can you explain to me why this works and doing multiple reboots or power-off-on cycles doesn't? I've had similar inexplicable mobile data losses on multiple ROMs, and have tried a bunch of stuff. The power-volume up worked the first time...

:confused:

Thanks, though!

Last edited:

moeahmad1995

May 3, 2011
Chicago
Can you explain to me why this works and doing multiple reboots or power-off-on cycles doesn't? I've had similar inexplicable mobile data losses on multiple ROMs, and have tried a bunch of stuff. The power-volume up worked the first time...

:confused:

Thanks, though!

To be honest, I can't explain to you why it works. I've learned it the first day I got my g2x when froyo had a problem connecting to wifi an its been working ever since

GTWalling

Aug 6, 2011
Birmingham
It is like Windows XP. Restart (power off and then restart phone) just restart the OS not shutting the computer down, not clearing the memory and cache. Shut Down (pulling battery or hard restart volume up and power) turns the system off clearing the memory and cache.

Bobomo

Nov 14, 2010
It is like Windows XP. Restart (power off and then restart phone) just restart the OS not shutting the computer down, not clearing the memory and cache. Shut Down (pulling battery or hard restart volume up and power) turns the system off clearing the memory and cache.

What's strange is that I have tried booting into recover, wiping cache partition and dalvik cache in order to fix the problem. It worked once but hasn't really worked since. I guess it must be a memory thing... ???

jaywillsoul

Apr 3, 2012
Vineland
At this point, I would suggest either a different kernel or a different ROM. Every ROM effects every phone differently. Try HellFire Sandwich v1.7 with the updated harsh kernel. Its what I'm using now and I haven't run into that issue yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hold volume up and power into it reboots. Battery pull works sometimes but the hard reboot always works for me