Soft bricked phone that does not listen to instructions.

Search This thread

MrPeebles

May 28, 2014
Sydney
Phone: Samsung S2
Model: SHW-M250S (Korean T model)

My phone had the default firmware to begin with. I took it into my own hands to flash a custom rom because my phone did not allow me to pause or skip songs on the home screen which was very irritating. I first tried to flash the GT-i9100 firmware however my phone ran out of batteries in the middle of flashing with Odin. So now it is soft bricked. Yay. I then re-flashed the GT-i9100 firmware however it just stopped in the middle of the operation no matter how many times I restarted.

I then decided it was best to go back to good the good old firmware for SHW-250S. I was able to flash back to the firmware with Odin saying Passed. I then rebooted my phone and since then, it has been forever stuck on the red T flashing. I have researched for the past 3 days. Living without a phone, is like living without toilet paper.

I am a noob, please help me :(

zeetherocker

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore

My phone had the default firmware to begin with. I took it into my own hands to flash a custom rom because my phone did not allow me to pause or skip songs on the home screen which was very irritating. I first tried to flash the GT-i9100 firmware however my phone ran out of batteries in the middle of flashing with Odin. So now it is soft bricked. Yay. I then re-flashed the GT-i9100 firmware however it just stopped in the middle of the operation no matter how many times I restarted.

I then decided it was best to go back to good the good old firmware for SHW-250S. I was able to flash back to the firmware with Odin saying Passed. I then rebooted my phone and since then, it has been forever stuck on the red T flashing. I have researched for the past 3 days. Living without a phone, is like living without toilet paper.

Okay... Can u go into recovery mode..??
Try going to recovery mode... If you are able to then do a data wipe.. And try rebooting... If it doesn't work then
Check if the firmware that you have downloaded for your phone is correct or not... The problem might be with that...
Download the right one for your model and flash it again with Odin..! Find a proper Odin guide and do accordingly.!

Reactions: MrPeebles

MrPeebles

May 28, 2014
Sydney
Try going to recovery mode... If you are able to then do a data wipe.. And try rebooting... If it doesn't work then
Check if the firmware that you have downloaded for your phone is correct or not... The problem might be with that...
Download the right one for your model and flash it again with Odin..! Find a proper Odin guide and do accordingly.!

Yes I can. I factory reset it and now it is loading in the Samsung S2 screen. However its taking unusually long to boot.

MrPeebles

May 28, 2014
Sydney
After factory reset it takes a long time for the first boot..! I think you should probably be more worried about the phone booting up than the time it's taking... :p

Sorry for taking a long time to respond. Had to go somewhere. So then I left my phone for about one 1 hour and it still didn't boot. At some point I just gave up. I think the reason was because I couldn't get the right files for my firmware? My previous firmware was Jelly Bean 4.1.2 SHW-M250S. And I can't seen to find a working one. I have slow internet so I cant download everything. By slow I mean my peak download is like 200kb/s.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes I can. I factory reset it and now it is loading in the Samsung S2 screen. However its taking unusually long to boot.

After factory reset it takes a long time for the first boot..! I think you should probably be more worried about the phone booting up than the time it's taking... :p