Restore TWRP Backup How?

Search This thread

daldude786

Jun 1, 2014
How do you do a restore of a TWRP Backup of a ROM or the original Asus JB OS? I tried to restore the backup I did before flashing the CROMi-X ROM. When I try to do a restore in TWRP and goto the Micro SD Memory card I have the backup on it does not show any files. Do you have to use the same version of TWRP that you backed up in order to restore or can you use the same version or higher?

Thanks

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.

daldude786

Jun 1, 2014
I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?

TWRP can only read fat32. Are you sure your microSD is formatted correctly?
Unless the TWRP version you used to make the nandroid and your current one are miles apart, it should work. Hard to tell since you didn't post any versions.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I have TWRP 2.6.3 and it is able to read the memory card and see the Flash ZIP file. I used TWRP 2.6.1 to back up The Asus Stock ROM before flashing the custom ROM. When TWRP does a backup does it backup the Data and how my screens are set up or only the operating system?

It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

daldude786

Jun 1, 2014
Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.

It depends what options you checked when you made the nandroid. If you left the default selection, TWRP backed up both system and data.
If TWRP can read your microSD, what's your problem? I don't understand - since you wrote earlier that TWRP doesn't see any files??
2.6.3 and 2.6.1 are compatible. You shouldn't have a problem restoring the nandroid.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Let me Rephrase that I meant when I do a restore funtion it does not see any files but if I do a Flah funtion or use the file manager it does see files.

Did you manually copy the nandroid to the card?
It has to be nested exactly like TWRP created the folder or TWRP will not recognize it.
Something like TWRP/Backups/your-serial-number/date of backup/

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
While in recovery run this command frog your PC:
Code:
 adb get-serialno
There's also a Terminal cmd that you could run in TWRP's terminal. Not certain but I think it's just
Code:
 id