Waterdamaged phones

• Thread starter Deleted member 3493119
  • Start date
Search This thread

noromamai

Dec 13, 2010
After taking my z1c to a indoor swimming pool (higher humidity) there was condensation on the inside of the camera window for three days. while using the phone in the pool the screen was not very responsive and it suddenly kept turning the screen on and off as if i was tapping the power button. after a couple of days everything was back to normal and since i need my phone for work i didn't bother to send it back in. after another swimming pool visit the same happened, except this time te condensation only stayed for 1 day. and everything returned to normal. then after a month or so the phone became wonky. it would charge overnight to 100%, but if i detached the usb cable while the screen was off, it would not turn the screen on anymore. i would need to do a hard power off. after which it turns back on but wouldbe stuck in a boot loop until i hard power off'ed it again. when it turned back on, the battery would be around 16%. also, during normal use sometimes the screen wouldn't go back on either. at this time i sent it back for repair to some company that does the repairs for sony in my country. they sent it back to sony (or some other repair center) and after 3-4 weeks i finally got my phone back (probably took longer because of xmas and new year). When i got it back it didn't say anything about what had been repaired (wankers), but found a small sticker somewhere on the packaging that said "swap approved", so they gave me an all new phone.

let's hope this one is waterproof....

No offence The Phone is waterproof but not idiotproof and if ur taking it to the swimming pool well u arent smart then. This waterproof has special conditions that are wrote in the instruction and i bet u broke them twice . No offence again but i wish they would void ur varanty maybe u would learn something, or maybe not. Like i said Phone is waterproof but not idiotproof

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

ro_explorer

Dec 3, 2010
Stockholm
Hey, buddy! You should be a little more polite on the forums. Calling people idiots will not bring you any fans you know?

// sent from my phone //

Reactions: Tobi@s

Starlith

Sep 27, 2012
Auckland
This is the Toyota hilux of smartphones. Had this phone for a long time and been under water various times been dropped many. 5 days ago i put it under a tap to give it the ol monthly clean and then moments later parts of my screen started changing colour. Then my phone started playing up really bad and the screen was non responsive, it was much dead so i opened the flaps nothing came out. I assumed it was dead so planned on buying the z3 compact then i tried turning it on today and its alive! The screen still looks weird but it works. The Toyota Hilux of smartphones!

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you're all idiots for doing anything with water, especially with reports of water damaged phones dating back to when z1c was just released, do your damn research
    Sony advertises this phone as waterproof, almost in all advertisements it has water spilled on it or it's underwater filming something or anything else water related.
    Now you come to tell me i am idiot when i do the exact same things with water Sony is showing us this phone is capable of doing?

When i bought the phone i said clearly you bring me bowl of water, drunk the phone in for 5 minutes and if it still works i buy it. Luckily the first one they tried to sell me failed even tho the flaps were closed. And i end up with tested, waterproof phone :D

In the period of 5 months i've taken underwater videos, dunk phone in huge beer bottle, dropped it in a river and it survived 1 year in army while it got wet so many times. And it still works.

For conclusion i would say there are working phones and with defects phones that fail the first time they get in touch with water.
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    @OP,

I've been through a similar experience with yours ... more details here .. starting from #12.
    Spoilers: happy ending :) ... at #28

Did your backcover sound weird when pressing down on it on 2 of the corners?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Yup happened to me.

What happened was, I bought this in Taiwan on my honeymoon and to test the "WaterProof" claim, I threw it in the ocean in Guam, took under water photos with it and it died a few hours later.

Sony said that they it is waterproof only in FRESHWATER but the repair center was nice enough to send me a brand new replacement unit. Since this was a product outside of the USA region, they actually went out of their way to import it and send it to me. The process took a month but I'm happy they made the effort!
    howdy all,

bought my device early february in germany and took it into a freshwater pool standing and taking a couple of underwater face shots via the camera button.
    shortly after that the display startet to get all distorted and i powered it off all the way and took out all cards. i thoroughly airdryed it with the car vents on my way back home and was able to revive it.
    a couple of days later i repeated the procedure in the said pool and it killed the device - it shut down and upon restart it got stuck at the battery symbol.
    all indicators had turned red even though i am sure i closed all holes correctly and did not exceed the depth limitations!

since there was no saturn in my city i returned it to mediamarkt, who luckily exchanged the device to a brand spanking new one- i doubt they send it to sony care center before that!

lucky me, i guess!
    left wondering how far i can go with my new device and what the cause for this dreaded leakage might have been !!!???

greetz
    Hey, buddy! You should be a little more polite on the forums. Calling people idiots will not bring you any fans you know?

// sent from my phone //