[Q] Jellybean 4.3+CF Rooting but wrecked Rights???

Search This thread

kuraigu

Jan 11, 2014
hello world!

i've been using my gt-i9300 since one year now. back then i've rooted it right away with an already rooted firmware or stock firmware.
can't remember anymore. the file was: I9300XXDLIH_I9300EPLDLJ1_I9300XXDLID_HOME.tar.md5

i hadn't had any problems. even had cwm and stuff on it.

a few days ago i've flashed this firmware onto my cellphone: I9300XXUGMK6_I9300DBTGMK2_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md5
and after testing if all went ok i've figured out that some apps had trouble opening itself.
i've then flashed chainfire's CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md but still the problem remained.

firefox, dropbox, drweb light and a few others had problems running. so i've uninstalled firefox and drweb, reinstalled them
and the ran again.

then i thought "whynot copy the files from internal storage to the external" .. ive tried that and copied the stuff back into
the phone and the apps ran again.

so my question now is, what have i done wrong or why were there right problems or what is it that the apps
get fixed after copying them from and to the internal cellphone storage?

besides that, cf's superuser hasn't been flashed directly. i had to install it.

done the firmware/cf flash/install procedure twice and both times i had to install the stuff manually.

it's rooted now and the trick with copying the apps fixes the halting problem. but what is the real problem?

and another question i have "insane chip? YES" .. i thought samsung fixed this bug?

cheers!

Last edited:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
and another question i have "insane chip? YES" .. i thought samsung fixed this bug?

Says you have the chip no more and no less .
Please read the SDS sticky for information .

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You didn't factory reset before flashing 4.3. Do it now, reflash again and test before installing/restoring any apps or mods.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk