[Q] No Network

Search This thread

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
Did you boot up with the sim inside?

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

During first boot it will not ask to select carrier.
Okay alternately.Remove sim. factory reset.Boot up without sim.now insert sim and reboot

This is what I see after reboot (in italian) (see attach)

I did factory reset, reboot without SIM, insert sim and reboot. Nothing unfortunatly!

Change baseband is not an option?

moamahi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-31-00-59-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-31-00-59-38.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014

I did factory reset, reboot without SIM, insert sim and reboot. Nothing unfortunatly!

Change basebad is not an option?

moamahi

okay try this open dialer punch *#*#4636#*#*
press phone information
select preferred network select the wcdma only option
see whether it helps

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Change baseband is not an option?

moamahi

which carrier are you on?

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
press phone information
select preferred network select the wcdma only option
see whether it helps

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

which carrier are you on?

I'm on TIM (italy) but I also have H3g (italy) or Wind to test. But I don't have 4g option on my sims. They should be all GSM

moamahi

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
I'm on TIM (italy) but I also have H3g (italy) or Wind to test. But I don't have 4g option on my sims. They should be all GSM

moamahi

press phone information

Option 1
select preferred network select the wcdma only

option 2
select preferred network select the gsm only

option 3
select preferred network select the unknown

after every option try searching networks
see whether it helps and let me know

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
press phone information

Option 1
select preferred network select the wcdma only

option 2
select preferred network select the gsm only

option 3
select preferred network select the unknown

after every option try searching networks
see whether it helps and let me know

No way! tryed all option you wrote. In wcdma LTE networks appears after 15-20 second of search but then ... impossible to connect check sim card or network unavailable. With unknown or gsm after 1 second it say no networks available.

I could try 4g sim tomorrow, but in italy 4g is not everywhere. Any other idea? I really appreciate your help!

moamahi

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014
No way! tryed all option you wrote. In wcdma LTE networks appears after 15-20 second of search but then ... impossible to connect check sim card or network unavailable. With unknown or gsm after 1 second it say no networks available.

I could try 4g sim tomorrow, but in italy 4g is not everywhere. Any other idea? I really appreciate your help!

moamahi
1) try GSM auto(prl)

or

2) td-scdma,gsm/wcdma,cdma and evdo

Try these two methods and see

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
1) try GSM auto(prl)

or

2) td-scdma,gsm/wcdma,cdma and evdo

Try these two methods and see

1) --> few second --> no networks
2) --> I choose td-scdma,gsm/wcdma,cdma and evdo and it became wcdma only

in the upper right corner there are 3 dots (menu) and one selection is radio band selection (translated from italian don't have english version). There are several option (automatic, EURO band, USA band, JAPAN band ... Cellular (800-Mhz Band), PCS (1900-Mhz-Band). All works but the last 2 which complain, if choosed give an error (see attach)

moamahi

androidtweaker1

May 15, 2014

in the upper right corner there are 3 dots (menu) and one selection is radio band selection (translated from italian don't have english version). There are several option (automatic, EURO band, USA band, JAPAN band ... Cellular (800-Mhz Band), PCS (1900-Mhz-Band). All works but the last 2 which complain, if choosed give an error (see attach)

moamahi

TIM uses the GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / UMTS 2100 frequency bands for its network.

select euro band
in preferred network type as lte/wcdma

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

moamahi

Any luck?

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

select euro band

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

Any luck?

bro you can try one more method, you can flash xperia zl(c6503) base band to your phone
it might just do the trick :good:

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona

select euro band

Any luck?

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

bro you can try one more method, you can flash xperia zl(c6503) base band to your phone
it might just do the trick :good:

I've tryed all configuration you suggested. Same result. Now I'm going to try zl baseband

Let you know

Now I'm on 4.4.2 but baseband for 6503 is still at 4.3 I belive. Can I flash 4.3 baseband of 6503 on my 4.4.2 6603?

thank you

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I think it's time to admit that this is a hardware error and cannot be fixed with software, especially since the phone was received in a non functional state to begin with.

I suggest you return it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
I think it's time to admit that this is a hardware error and cannot be fixed with software, especially since the phone was received in a non functional state to begin with.

I suggest you return it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I think I'll go to sony tech guys. But which component could be involved in such miss behaviour? Could it be the 3g antenna?

In any case when (if) I'll solve I'll write here what were wrong.

moamahi

moamahi

May 24, 2010
verona
I think I'll go to sony tech guys. But which component could be involved in such miss behaviour? Could it be the 3g antenna?

In any case when (if) I'll solve I'll write here what were wrong.

moamahi

Here the solution :)

antenna flex cable was missing!!! Now everything is working.

Attachments

• flex_cable.jpg
    flex_cable.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 106