[GUIDE] How to "UnBrick/Return to Stock" your Omate TrueSmart Watch x201

Search This thread

unirambler

Mar 28, 2014
You have to uninstall all instances (sort by name) in order for it to work.

I went in to usbdeview and removed all instances of the MediaTek USB VCOM (Android) driver (using "Uninstall Selected Devices"). I don't know what else I need to remove. I get the same results every time - first a MediaTek VCOM driver is loaded and the flashtool downloads the DA, then I get the sound of a USB device being inserted and the MediaTek device disappears from device manager and it begins looking for a USB driver. The USB driver fails with no driver found and that ends everything.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Then you should check your cradle pins or battery terminals for a solid connection. That's the only other issue I can think of.

If you have an extra cradle you can try this. A bad data stream will cause the same error.

Reactions: unirambler

techknight180

Jan 4, 2010
re: 512/4 stock firmware

Disregard..I just updated to 0527 by flash instead.

I have the 512/4 EU model where the "secret code" "worked?!" for google play. Can someone upload the stock firmware with preloader and all. My backup was incomplete. The firmware posted here is for the US model.

Thanks!

Last edited:

unirambler

Mar 28, 2014
Then you should check your cradle pins or battery terminals for a solid connection. That's the only other issue I can think of.

If you have an extra cradle you can try this. A bad data stream will cause the same error.

Kuronosan - You da man!:highfive: It's alive (mostly)! I'm not sure what exactly did it, but I tried changing everything - computer, battery, backup (I had made three of them), USB cable and cradle. I also checked the pins on the inside of the back cover and found that I could see indents for 3 of the pins on the connector in the watch but the 4th didn't seem to connect. So, I loosened the screws and tried holding the connector slightly different and re-tightening them. Anyway, it is now able to download successfully!

Now, the problem is that it is stuck at the boot screen (I tried two of my backups - one was of Loki's EnSec and it stops at the screen with the moving lines and the other is the stock 20140120 and it stops at the "Omate truesmart" screen). Any idea how to get past this? I've never worked with flashing ROMs at this level, so I don't even know how to troubleshoot it and will need to be pointed to good directions on what to do next.

Thanks!

unirambler

Mar 28, 2014
What unit do you have again?

I have the US 1/8 1900 that came with 20140120 on it.

After I posted last, I tried a full backup that I had downloaded way back when I originally put on Loki's EnSec. This backup had cache and usrdata in it and my backups don't for some reason. After flashing that, it is all booting and working fine. I am wondering if I messed up the usrdata or cache partitions and that kept it from finishing the boot process.

So, one question, how do I get those partitions included when I make my own backup?

Anyway, again, thank you for all your help on this!

death_entry

Nov 23, 2006
London
1) Try right click on the installer and uncheck compatibility mode to windows XP, that should allow you to install the window 7 driver.
2) Also I had to manually click the download button on SPFT before plugging in the watch, then the flash process will start. See if that works for you.

BINGO worked for me... using window 8.1, my watch is flashing right now :D

peacey3

Sep 10, 2014

Hi,

Could you re-upload your firmware (US 1900Mhz 512MB) I can't seem to access it from the link you provided.

Thanks

nrseife

Jun 16, 2010

Kuronosan, when I try to download the tools needed to flash your rom my Vrus protection tells me it is infected ("All tools" zip file, if I remember correctly). I suppose this is a wrong warning?
Also, are there any "safe" unrooted ROMS available? My company policy does not allow rooted devices for their email, but of course the original rom is all but safe....any comments highly appreciated!

peacey3

Sep 10, 2014

When I made the order that was what they said they are shipping to me.

I can't check now since I soft bricked my device but I know that I have 4GB of internal space.

Also I am trying to download the original firmware presented in this thread (the site doesn't seem to allow me to download the .zip)

Thanks

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
I'm sure there was a mistake, because they did not manufacture any units for 1900MHz that had under 1GB of RAM.

nrseife

Jun 16, 2010

mrmarcellos

Nov 24, 2006
I tried a few times but didnt work for me.
Tonight going to try again since i've seen the video how to do it.. :good:

I was wondering if there is a rom / tool that can remove the skin so on the phone is just a plain android version. ( like on a phone )

** edit: works great! bought mine 2nd hands and they f*cked the watch so now its super.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bonsai_front_logo.png

UnBrick Guide for Omate TrueSmart Watch (x201)
    Last Update: 02/08/2014

Features:
    • Revive your Omate TrueSmart Watch from almost any brick
    • Can be used to return to FULLY STOCK

Requirements (click on softwares below to download):

Procedure (for flashing Firmwares):
    For this guide ALL Files/Floders were downloaded to C:\Omate
    1. Download all (software) requirements to a folder ( Recommend C:\Omate )
    2. Extract "omate_truesmart_20140115.zip" to C:\Omate\omate_truesmart_20140115
    3. Extract "OMATE_SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01.zip" to C:\Omate\OMATE_SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01
      a1i3U8a.png

4. Go to Folder "OMATE_SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1352.01" and Open Folder "MT65x3 USB VCOM drivers"
      ha69ker.png

5. Unplug and remove your Omate SmartWatch from Cradle.
    6. Make sure your Omate is Turned Off (Very Important )
    7. Execute "Install Driver" and select "Exit" Once Finished
      AsDyhfc.png

8. Once install is finished go back one directory in Execute "flash_tool.exe". Once opened go to "Download" Tab and Select "Scatter-loading"
      sastPUT.png

9. Browse to "C:\Omate\omate_truesmart_20140115" and select "MT6572_Android_scatter.txt" then click "Open"
      0na2SbK.png

10. You should now see a screen like this if so Click "Download"
      0na2SbK.png

11. Now with your Omate TrueSmart Watch POWERED OFF put it into the Cradle, Close the latch, Plug-In the USN cable to the Cradle (Firmly ), Then Plug-In USB cable into your PC/Laptop
    12. Once Plug-In to the pc you should see the SP Flash tool automatically start Flashing the device. If for some reason it does not detect the device then refer to Troubleshooting Steps (To Be Created)
      vAZAJeU.png

13. If you see the below screen then your Flash has completed Successfully. Please got to the next step
      bQrFUA8.png

14. Please Unplug USB from PC/Laptop, Remove the smart watch from cradle, and hold down the power Button until you see the Omate Boot Animation.
    Your Now back to FULLY Stock Omate and you have been Un-Bricked!
    I have an Omate 1/8 developers version, US version, which I successfully had flashed to Imperium.

I am trying to flash it back to stock, following these instructions.

I get it as far as loading the correct scatter text, and everything looks as it should. I power off the watch and click it into the case. At this point it first briefly shows me the battery as if at very low charge, then it shows me the battery at 100% charge! but the yellow line on the computer never starts! The flashing doesn't start.

In case this is relevant, I have a windows 7 32 bit computer. It had windows XP when I bought it, but I later installed 7. If I click properties, it says it is a windows 7 32 bit. But when i try on step 7 to install drivers, it keeps installing XP drivers. Will this matter?

1) Try right click on the installer and uncheck compatibility mode to windows XP, that should allow you to install the window 7 driver.
    2) Also I had to manually click the download button on SPFT before plugging in the watch, then the flash process will start. See if that works for you.
    Didn't realize there was an existing guide. Let me check it out, my guide might not be needed unless you would like me to maintain it? Anything work's for me.

The only difference is I have not had time to update the ALL Tools zip with the new SPTools version and don't specifically link any given firmware. I'm not only deving on the device but acting RC for all the x201's as well. Pretty much everything is indexed in the [INFO] Everything thread.
    Hmm I made an assumption that since my battery was fully charged before my stupid action. That to let the battery naturally die would take months/year. But Lokifish, sounds like you implying that my assumption is mistaken. Does the Omate really draw that much power when the watch is off?

In your opinion, how long it would take for the Omate to go from full to completely drain with powered off?

Thank you for your help.

Overnight, a day maybe two max.
    Your method worked, and now I have the windows 7 32 bit driver installed.

Still, when I attach the device,( having already hit download), it at first shows the sing of an extremely low battery that is charging, then quickly shows the sign of a battery charged to 100%, then it seems to drop the device (it is no longer there to eject). Never any motion on the yellow bar that would indicate that it was flashing.

Turn off quick boot.

The red battery means preloader is loading and getting ready to go into charging mode. Turning off quick-boot changes this time when plugged in from like 1 second to like 3-4 seconds.