[RESOLVED] Secure Kernel Fail i9200 KNOX

Search This thread

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
URGENT URGENT HELP I HAVE A GALAXY MEGA AND I TRIED TO ROOT IT AND WHEN IT FAILED, I TRIED TO FLASH THE STOCK FIRMWARE AND IT NOW SAYS RECOVERY BOOTING AND SECURE FAIL:KERNEL AND IS BRICKED AND IN DOWNLOAD MODE IT SAYS KNOX SECURE LOCK HELP PLEASE HELP! I UPDATED IT ON THE LATEST FIRMWARE ON THE 1ST OF FEBRUARY AND THEN I TRIED TO ROOT IT WITH THE OLD CWM AND IT DIDNT WORK AND WHEN IT FAILED I TRIED TO FLASH THE STOCK FIRMWARE, THE OLD ONE, IT BRICKED. PLEASE HELP ME.:crying: HELP ALSO CANT BOOT INTO RECOVERY
DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE?

Last edited:

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne

thanks for your reply, but i should explain things clearer.

I updated my mega yesterday. I tried to root it today but it failed because there was no recovery, just the stock one. so i tried to flash the stock firmware but it was the old one and now it has no recovery mode and it is bricked. Please help me ASAP and thanks for your reply but please help. What do i need to do? i have a i9200 no 4g

Last edited:

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012

I updated my mega yesterday. I tried to root it today but it failed because there was no recovery, just the stock one. so i tried to flash the stock firmware but it was the old one and now it has no recovery mode and it is bricked. Please help me ASAP and thanks for your reply but please help. What do i need to do? i have a i9200 no 4g

Which rom were you running? With knox? If yes, try flashing the same rom again. I read somewhere that you cannot go back to an earlier firmware if you flash knox enabled firmware. Check with shazzl.

Reactions: ianneo

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
Ok will download latest firmware. Thanks for your reply. I'll get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
Was running stock Sammy firmware and then flashed old one because I didn't want to take any more risks but I screwed up lol. Now bricked

ianneo

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
Which rom were you running? With knox? If yes, try flashing the same rom again. I read somewhere that you cannot go back to an earlier firmware if you flash knox enabled firmware. Check with shazzl.

Would I have to have the same region firmware as the one I had when it was new ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Would I have to have the same region firmware as the one I had when it was new ?

Preferable. If not, try any other region.