Help! CPU freq stuck running at minimum 384MHz despite the kernel or Rom installed.

Search This thread

Gil Prefect

Jul 5, 2012
St. Louis
Current settings:
Kernel: 3.4.94-QuantumKernel-6/17
Rom: Carbon-kk-nightly-20140617-0002
Freqs range: 384MHz - 1512MHz
Governor: interactiveX

and before this rom and kernel install I was running Liquid smooth and it's kernel, Deathly. I've done several clean flashes of both Roms and just recently did a dirty flash of the QuantumKernel again.

So it's an odd situation, because everything runs great at first. Navigating through settings and everyday apps seem great, the cpu correctly runs at the rate it should. But as soon as I launch Clash of Clans, the phone just drops to 384MHz and everything from then on just crawls. Sometimes it will run fine for 30 seconds or so but then just goes back to 384 on both cores constantly. I've tried installing and using kernel tweaker and overriding some settings. superuser notifications make it seem like there are actual changes being made but then it eventually ignores all tweaks I've made and goes back to running at 384. Had this problem with Liquid smooth last week and posted, no replies. So I found Carbon and a recommended kernel in the designated thread and eventually fell into the same situation. I know there are certain triggers where the GPU overrides the cpu clock speeds, maybe it's something with that since it seems to be triggered from Clash of Clans which is a huge cpu hog. I don't know. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Current settings:

and before this rom and kernel install I was running Liquid smooth and it's kernel, Deathly. I've done several clean flashes of both Roms and just recently did a dirty flash of the QuantumKernel again.

So it's an odd situation, because everything runs great at first. Navigating through settings and everyday apps seem great, the cpu correctly runs at the rate it should. But as soon as I launch Clash of Clans, the phone just drops to 384MHz and everything from then on just crawls. Sometimes it will run fine for 30 seconds or so but then just goes back to 384 on both cores constantly. I've tried installing and using kernel tweaker and overriding some settings. superuser notifications make it seem like there are actual changes being made but then it eventually ignores all tweaks I've made and goes back to running at 384. Had this problem with Liquid smooth last week and posted, no replies. So I found Carbon and a recommended kernel in the designated thread and eventually fell into the same situation. I know there are certain triggers where the GPU overrides the cpu clock speeds, maybe it's something with that since it seems to be triggered from Clash of Clans which is a huge cpu hog. I don't know. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

I'm not so sure why that happens but I would suggest you try KT747. I've been using his kernel for quite some time now and have no issue with CoC.

Reactions: Gil Prefect

Gil Prefect

Jul 5, 2012
St. Louis
I'm not so sure why that happens but I would suggest you try KT747. I've been using his kernel for quite some time now and have no issue with CoC.
Thanks for responding! Just flashed this kernel and so far so good. Though I'm confident it'll stay that way. This kernel is amazing! So many options to consider tweaking but then not mess with in fear I'll break my phone. lol But seriously thanks, this is working great!

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Thanks for responding! Just flashed this kernel and so far so good. Though I'm confident it'll stay that way. This kernel is amazing! So many options to consider tweaking but then not mess with in fear I'll break my phone. lol But seriously thanks, this is working great!

My pleasure, glad it worked out!

If you wanna make some tweaking, look at the scripts/profiles. There is a nice directory full of premade by users (as well as one from KT himself)!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Current settings:

Thanks in advance!