How to remove annoying fullscreen google ads?

Search This thread

polosprt009

Sep 17, 2010
Just recently, I've been getting fullscreen google ads pop up on my phone. This usually happens when I hit the back button out of an app. An example of the fullscreen ad is shown below:

121192d1401735575t-fullscreen-pop-up-ads-when-closing-hangouts-screenshot_2014-05-22-17-52-45.jpg

I've done a bit of searching online and haven't found a fix other than deleting all third party apps and gradually reinstalling apps one by one seeing if they're the one causing the ads to pop up. This seems a bit time consuming! Does anyone here know what's causing these ads and how to remove them?

Much thanks in advance!

Ritvars

Aug 13, 2013
Adaway helped me get rid of all these ads. (Though, it was pre-installed in my previous ROM).

Ritvars

Aug 13, 2013
Couldn't find Adaway in Google Play Store, but found an .apk for it on another site. Ended up getting, "Your device is not rooted," errors, even though my phone is in fact rooted. Strange.

Try to find some guides on Google to get this application. If you're so annoyed by these ads and you want to get rid of them (if you didn't find a way how to install previously), maybe you should consider flashing a custom ROM which has Adaway pre-installed?

jobi03

Jul 29, 2015
Adware

I install adware and it detected what apps is using ads.. i remove those apps that have revmob ads for the fullscreen ads.. and its gone:)))

xaniahbrielle

Nov 7, 2015
did u really get rid off those ads?

I install adware and it detected what apps is using ads.. i remove those apps that have revmob ads for the fullscreen ads.. and its gone:)))

I've got the same prob, and I've already done so many things on my phone just to.get rid of the annoying ads. I already reformat both of my fone and memory card. But soon as it opens it's still showing up :( even tho I didnt even downloaded any app on my fone. I'm thinking maybe it's because of our wifi? I really don't know. Pls help :(