[q] help. Idk what is goin on

Search This thread

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
SO heres the deal. wanted to try flash MiMi ROM so i nandroid backup my rom and began wiping /system /data and /sdcard0. then i flash MiMi ROM v2 and it did not work. so i decided to go back to cwm back and IT DIDNT WORK. PRESSED ALL THE USUAL BUTTONS TO GO TO RECOVERY AND NO. IT DID NOT WORK. I tried reflashing CWM recovery using Heimdall-frontend (Linux version of Odin) since i dont have windows. and i flashed thewhisp's cwm-6.0.3.2-jena-build-2, extracted it recovery.img and flashed. It did flashed BUT I STILL CANT GO BACK TO CWM LIKE LAST TIME. When i pressed the buttons, it passed Samsung logo and then stucked at Samsung Galaxy S6500D when my phone is S6500 (with NFC) PLEASE HELP. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
go to download mode and flash stock rom , you can find stock rom in : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

Sent from my GT-S6500D using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for your time. Im using Heimdall on Linux. I can go using either with the Frontend (GUI) and terminal. Thr problem is, idk how and im scared tht i brick my phone. Any tut?

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
Solution here

SO heres the deal. wanted to try flash MiMi ROM so i nandroid backup my rom and began wiping /system /data and /sdcard0. then i flash MiMi ROM v2 and it did not work. so i decided to go back to cwm back and IT DIDNT WORK. PRESSED ALL THE USUAL BUTTONS TO GO TO RECOVERY AND NO. IT DID NOT WORK. I tried reflashing CWM recovery using Heimdall-frontend (Linux version of Odin) since i dont have windows. and i flashed thewhisp's cwm-6.0.3.2-jena-build-2, extracted it recovery.img and flashed. It did flashed BUT I STILL CANT GO BACK TO CWM LIKE LAST TIME. When i pressed the buttons, it passed Samsung logo and then stucked at Samsung Galaxy S6500D when my phone is S6500 (with NFC) PLEASE HELP. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

SOLUTIONS:

1)Flash stock rom again

2)Go here to see my 100% working solution (many users confirmed it in PM)

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
I did no. 2 already, it doesnt work ALTHOUGH when i wanted to first install CWM, it actually works. Not this.

For method 1, idk how to flash using Heimdall Linux :((

1) please try it many times! To recover my phone, I need some hours (3-4) , to get into recovery mode!
2) switch to windows / go to a friend.

Also, in the future, read before flash an new rom, the comments of others. I am the one of many others who said that the rom causes bootloop !

Last edited:

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
1) please try it many times! To recover my phone, I need some hours (3-4) , to get into recovery mode!
2) switch to windows / go to a friend.

Also, in the future, read before flash an new rom, the comments of others. I am the one of many others who said that the rom causes bootloop !

1) in your method, what do you mean by up and down till samsung logo, therr are only the samsung website >>then>> device info

Last edited:

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
1) in your method, what do you mean by up and down till samsung logo, therr are only the samsung website >>then>> device info

OHH....I mean, instead pressing Vol. Up+ Vol. Down+home+power to get in recovery,
you need to press home+power+up+down (fast!!!!)
You need to have the keys pressed before phone vibration ends ! If you see clockworkmod logo under phone model, release the keys!
If not repeat the steps! :good:

pocthird

Jun 4, 2013
bejaia
can't you go to a cybercafe or land a windows machine once in your life ? i think it is better to use something that worked for many people than taking risks

Ezzam_Itachi

Mar 26, 2014
Sabah
SOLUTIONS:

1)Flash stock rom again

2)Go here to see my 100% working solution (many users confirmed it in PM)

Wow .. Your solution is easier than mine :) I should have known that method earlier ... Usually .. when I stuck in bootloop ... I will Force the phone to enter Recovery Mode ...

1.Press the Download Mode Key Combination ( VOL down + Home + Power )
2.After that, the phone will warn you right ?? Choose cancel (VOL down)
3.After you pressed Vol Down the phone will try to reboot .
4.When the phone try to reboot,press the Recovery Mode key combination BUT without pressing power button. Press ONLY the three button.
5.The phone will enter recovery Mode.
6.Full wipe the Phone and/or restore your backup.

It works for me EVERYTIME ..:eek:

If it is not working for you,just try again .. Your timing in STEP 4 must be PERFECT !! ;)

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
Wow .. Your solution is easier than mine :) I should have known that method earlier ... Usually .. when I stuck in bootloop ... I will Force the phone to enter Recovery Mode ...

4.When the phone try to reboot,press the Recovery Mode key combination BUT without pressing power button. Press ONLY the three button.

If it is not working for you,just try again .. Your timing in STEP 4 must be PERFECT !! ;)

I already known this method :p

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore

I did your method and this is what I got. It stays there and i have to pull out the battery to restart.

Attachments

• 1401546607512.jpg
    1401546607512.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 23

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
can't you go to a cybercafe or land a windows machine once in your life ? i think it is better to use something that worked for many people than taking risks

I don't see how pressing buttons is risky than using Odin and then having chances of having a pricey brick.

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
OHH....I mean, instead pressing Vol. Up+ Vol. Down+home+power to get in recovery,
you need to press home+power+up+down (fast!!!!)
You need to have the keys pressed before phone vibration ends ! If you see clockworkmod logo under phone model, release the keys!
If not repeat the steps! :good:

Thanks for your time.
Okie i did a video to show ya what i did using your method and Ezzam's. Here's the link: http://youtu.be/v0vPTlpRVDY

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
Thanks guys, my problem was solved. I opened a thread to say thanks and made a tut for Linux users in case they bump to my situation.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using XDA Free mobile app

MaDaLiNoSt

Aug 15, 2013
Thanks guys, my problem was solved. I opened a thread to say thanks and made a tut for Linux users in case they bump to my situation.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using XDA Free mobile app

I watched your video, and you didn't do the steps ok.... I think that you don't understeand what I said but..... If you don't understeand...how do you solved the problem?