S IV coming

Search This thread

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....

Reactions: undrwater

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
I said it once never to buy a device from a certain company (it was Motorola), if i'd continue with that for the next 4 devices, i would have to go back to my old Siemens S4....

Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
"bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000

Last edited:

Savage13

Jul 4, 2012
Lol so far Sammy is doing pretty well I don't know what's the hate xD.. As far as I can see from tw ux (LRT) on note it has become better and better not to mention the new features on JB.. Multi windows and etc features are WAY ahead of AOSP.. TW its how android should be anyways.. Who cares about a plain/boring /simplistic rom like cm10.. AOSP roms are closer to iOS than any other in boringness/featureless terms... Sammy its always innovating and bringing a whole new world of stuff on every release.. Come on.. Just compare any AOSP JB 4.1.2 to TW (beta) XXLSC... Even the lock screen on AOSP sucks.. Oh wait I want to unlock my screen aww where's the fking tiny little circle I gotta slide to unlock and hey where to? Left? Right? BS...
"bloat" you don't even have to delete anything just hide it and that's it.. And you can always get a custom TW for any extra stuff.. But hey saying AOSP crap is anyway better than TW its plain dumb.. It's like comparing a stock subaru impresa with a rally twicked subaru impresa..

I got some friends with a nexus and when they saw my note on XXLS2 they flashed the TW add on and now they have nexus with TW just because it's beautiful

Yeah Google delivers a really good base to work with.. (AOSP) but hey let the professionals in business (multimillions companies) paying a crap load of money for innovation and revolutionary ideas do the job that's not for kids or benefisense... Rest its antagonism

Tapatalking on my n7000

TW isn't what Android should be, Android is whatever the user wants it to be, it's open and you can customise it however you like.

I think you should stop ass kissing a big corporation that doesn't give a crap about you, they only care about your money.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TopOfNewYork

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
TW isn't what Android should be, Android is whatever the user wants it to be, it's open and you can customise it however you like.

I think you should stop ass kissing a big corporation that doesn't give a crap about you, they only care about your money.

Well I'm free to think anything and as everyone else here I'm expressing MY opinion... And I spend my money on what ever it want.. Erm and stop talking like there's a secret Evil conspiracy theory (let's manipulate people's minds to take their money muahaha) behind big corporations(I got brain you know?And I own LG android devices and nexus devices so I can tell what I like better) .. Oh yeah you don't have a Samsung rite? Or no better I should kiss some random nobody a$$ heck no..

Sounds like you are mad about something? I'm very happy with my device and the products samsung delivers.. So i think they DO care about me and costumers making us all happy.. Isn't that what's money for? Buy some kind of happiness?

Tapatalking on my n7000

Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
I find myself tilting in favour of the Sony experience too. But Im keeping my Note till I give it away to a dear one in the family. I literally have to hide it when the whole family is around , especially the youngsters !!

Well, lots of expert opinions here.

At the end of the day, its what SELLS over the counter that matters. Big corporates will always cater to that first. If you were in their shoes you would do that too. I phone popularity will also continue no matter how much we try to bring it down.

Throw a poll to the forum and you get your answers. Observe the number of downloads and you know whats what.

Experts are part of that 1% and they know how to get the best out of a very bad situation so it works out even in the end.

Variety is a criteria too. I couldnt possibly go for another device very simillar to the Note. I love Android though. It gives you a great learning platform. Its educative value is what will keep it alive for many generations.

bttcp12

Jul 19, 2012
^^^This.

I don't care if it's S13 with fantastic phone features, which also gives you a BJ in the morning. Never again a Samsung for me. Ever.

If it gives very good BJ, maybe you rethink your posture, at the moment there are no other like the note (S-Pen included), maybe in the future we got something better (Sony has a new promising patent).

For me I'll wait as long as my original note takes me, I still haven't used it at it's full potential.

Savage13

Jul 4, 2012
Well I'm free to think anything and as everyone else here I'm expressing MY opinion... And I spend my money on what ever it want.. Erm and stop talking like there's a secret Evil conspiracy theory (let's manipulate people's minds to take their money muahaha) behind big corporations(I got brain you know?And I own LG android devices and nexus devices so I can tell what I like better) .. Oh yeah you don't have a Samsung rite? Or no better I should kiss some random nobody a$$ heck no..

Sounds like you are mad about something? I'm very happy with my device and the products samsung delivers.. So i think they DO care about me and costumers making us all happy.. Isn't that what's money for? Buy some kind of happiness?

Tapatalking on my n7000

I'm just saying Android is what ever you want it to be, if you want TW and your happy that's great.

Just be careful putting so much faith into a big company. You think Samsung got to the top caring about its customers or trying to get the most money out of them?

Reactions: Reynaldinho111

dsmas

Apr 18, 2012
Bangalore
The customer is the King. He buys what he likes. None of here is a brand ambassador nor share holder of Samsung. Android rulz. But is it 100 % perfect may be 98%. (what would have happened had Microsoft entered the mobile before android).
We are all looking for better and best available phone within our budget. Most of us would have purchased Note2 if it was our first purchase, well that is another story.
As of today pls suggest me a better phone including any near releases (than Note1 or note2). What I am looking for is something between 5.5 and 6 inchs. More than 6 inches is a tablet not a phone. Elegant look, more ppi, best colors, fast processor and a brand name. Can't buy some tom dicky brand. Brand brings all other added features automatically.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
what would have happened had Microsoft entered the mobile before android

Honestly ? If Windows Phone was an "open" OS like Android - i mean apps possibilities like Android, installing apks from unknown sources etc, i would gladly switch if they released 5+" device with it. I really liked WP7 but never again will i buy a smartphone where i have to synchronise my files via Zune or something equally ridiculous, where i'm not allowed to browse my phone's files or install an app i got from friend or from the web. WP Interface is amazing, but without those features it's not really what i consider a smartphone.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
I'm just saying Android is what ever you want it to be, if you want TW and your happy that's great.

Just be careful putting so much faith into a big company. You think Samsung got to the top caring about its customers or trying to get the most money out of them?

Seriously dude.. Why you keep talking about samsung going after people's money?.. They just releases products.. It's up to you and me to buy it.. Sony its playing different but hey samsung has owned Sony so bad the latest years in everything so they gotta get something.. I don't like Sony no matter what I don't like the build quality and I don't like the software or features in the Sony phones ... So LG? Sucks... So HTC? Hell no..Motorola? Not in a million years... Nexus series? Nej AOSP its boring and ugly and Google always cheap out so no extra memory or bad cameras no premium feel, etc.. So what's left? Chinese crap stuff? No thanks... I'd put my money with Samsung until other brand manages to get better products if ever

You know in the smartphone world Android has the 70% of the market share... And from the 100% of the Android world samsung owns 70% of it.. You can't go wrong with samsung and 70% of users can't be in a mistake..

But that's my point of view.. I'm not defending samsung.. I think they should support more development for people whom like AOSP.. But personally I don't like AOSP and if I have to choose I stay with TW.. As I said before I own several android devices from several brands and I can tell what I like and why I like..

Tapatalking on my n7000

Last edited:

hth2813

Aug 4, 2011
Seriously dude.. Why you keep talking about samsung going after people's money?.. They just releases products.. It's up to you and me to buy it.. Sony its playing different but hey samsung has owned Sony so bad the latest years in everything so they gotta get something.. I don't like Sony no matter what I don't like the build quality and I don't like the software or features in the Sony phones ... So LG? Sucks... So HTC? Hell no..Motorola? Not in a million years... Nexus series? Nej AOSP its boring and ugly and Google always cheap out so no extra memory or bad cameras no premium feel, etc.. So what's left? Chinese crap stuff? No thanks... I'd put my money with Samsung until other brand manages to get better products if ever

You know in the smartphone world Android has the 70% of the market share... And from the 100% of the Android world samsung owns 70% of it.. You can't go wrong with samsung and 70% of users can't be in a mistake..

But that's my point of view.. I'm not defending samsung.. I think they should support more development for people whom like AOSP.. But personally I don't like AOSP and if I have to choose I stay with TW.. As I said before I own several android devices from several brands and I can tell what I like and why I like..

Tapatalking on my n7000

+1, samsung is not good but the other brands are even worse; and nexus is so simple! Samsung premium phone is rather good in comparison with others. And it is not all about rom, source to choose an android phone!

epinephrin3

Dec 8, 2012
Im going to have to agree with Savage13 here, you cant put too much trust into one company. All that companies care about is profit at the end of the day, if they didn’t make money selling phones they wouldn’t carry on just because that’s what people want. We don’t really decide what we want, companies make products with the features they want using the components they want depending on what is best for them. The customer has no say in any of that so we just end up getting to choose between a handful of devices that have been marketed and advertised in such a way that make people think they want or need that device when in a lot of cases they don’t. Apple is a very good example of this.

Just because the majority of people own a samsung phone does not mean that they are the best or that must mean they make good phones. It is probably more likely that samsung has spent more on advertising and marketing than other companies (and just so you know they do). This shows exactly what i mean: http://www.imore.com/samsung-spendi...ertise-galaxy-phones-against-apple-and-iphone

So don’t be so naive to say customer is king and you have the freedom to decide when your buying devices that are built to break and have a planned obsolescence of 2 years with a battery you cant simply just replace anymore.

Last edited:

Savage13

Jul 4, 2012

Tapatalking on my n7000

I think you need to chill. I warned you about kissing big companies asses and gave my opinion on something you said, there is no need for all these statistics your throwing at me.I didn't target Samsung directly, I said " big companies".

It's obvious that you are a Samsung fanboy, I'll leave you to it.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
I think you need to chill. I warned you about kissing big companies asses and gave my opinion on something you said, there is no need for all these statistics your throwing at me.I didn't target Samsung directly, I said " big companies".

It's obvious that you are a Samsung fanboy, I'll leave you to it.

Haha am I a Samsung fanboy? Guess you don't have a Samsung and in that case what are you doing in this forum?.. If you have samsung then you are just talking BS.

If you carefully read my posts I'm saying I own LG optimus, Google galaxy Nexus and galaxy Note (sold xperia because it's crap) and being able to judge (not speculating) I can say samsung devices and TW are way ahead of any other thing I own or tried....

Just name 1 advantage of any other brand over samsung? And please stay away from saying developer support as I bastly said AOSP sucks and I have a Nexus and there's no other phone like Nexus for developer support or updates support due to the fact that Google updates nexus

Tapatalking on my n7000

Reactions: zai89

Reynaldinho111

Mar 24, 2011
Cary, NC
Haha am I a Samsung fanboy? Guess you don't have a Samsung and in that case what are you doing in this forum?.. If you have samsung then you are just talking BS.

If you carefully read my posts I'm saying I own LG optimus, Google galaxy Nexus and galaxy Note (sold xperia because it's crap) and being able to judge (not speculating) I can say samsung devices and TW are way ahead of any other thing I own or tried....

Just name 1 advantage of any other brand over samsung? And please stay away from saying developer support as I bastly said AOSP sucks and I have a Nexus and there's no other phone like Nexus for developer support or updates support due to the fact that Google updates nexus

Tapatalking on my n7000

Bro, chill out. I'm sorry but you're arguing your opinion as if it were fact. The simple fact is Samsung makes fantastic hardware but their software and support is awful. Touchjizz is nothing but aosp with samsungs ugly ass theming and ridiculous proprietary stuff in the framework. To say that aosp sucks is ignorant as hell. One advantage of any other brand over Samsung ? Um how about the simple fact that they aren't Samsung, with brick bugs that, of course, are denied and patched half assed, they don't lie to the end users about source code release, Sony for one is 100% GPL compliant, something that needs to be made a standard with android device manufacturers. Sure Samsung have the best hardware of any brand but its the ethics behind it all that some of us are resentful of.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.
    While we all (read I) appreciate what the CM team and team Hacksung may have done, lets face it, they are a minuscule minority to Samsung. CM also does not offer anything revolutionary over what a standard device can do, (OK, so maybe the code and is cleaner and there's less bloat, but its just as easy to remove the bloat from TW), and in terms of the Galaxy note, it actually takes away some of the most useful parts.

99% of users never even root their devices, and for them, the Brickbug does not exist and never has.

It's hardly a good reason to never use another Samsung device...Especially since they really are ahead of the curve at this point.

Just my opinion.

The simple fact is we arent part of the 99% that never root their phones. We are the ones who enjoy the freedom of customizing every little aspect and squeezing every ounze of performance out. Some (like myself) can't stand touchjizz and to say that cm doesn't offer anything revolutionary is plain ignorant. The fact that Samsung isn't keeping the promises they make and continues to string us along is disgusting. I was a Samsung fanboy for years but after this ordeal I won't be buying another Samsung phone until they get their act together. Maybe cm is a miniscule minority to Samsung but there are still thousands of us who come here, to xda, to tweak, tinker and get the most out of our devices and cyanogenmod plays an enormous role in that. As xda members we look for devices with dev support, you can have the most high end phone in the world but if the devs aren't given what they need from the manufacturers then what's the point in even being here? You might as well become an iSheep. I am another who will be picking up a Sony yuga unless Samsung has their **** sorted by the time they release the gs4. For a company that's fighting apple as much as Samsung is they're starting to look more and more like them every day

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
    ^^^This.

I don't care if it's S13 with fantastic phone features, which also gives you a BJ in the morning. Never again a Samsung for me. Ever.

Tapatalking on my n7000
    I have my own and personal opinions and will spread them whenever ever I want...

That's why I find myself scraping my shoes whenever I visit the general forum.