[30/11/13][App][2.2+] Invisible Lock Lite | Pro (Transparent Lock Screen)

Search This thread

asdf20

Jan 9, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi All,

I've developed an app called Invisible Lock which is a transparent lock screen through which we can see the screen behind the lock screen.
This is my second android application after Simple Gestures.

This is an invisible lock where in it will block access to the screen but will show the screen behind this lock. We can see everything on screen clearly but we cannot access anything until the pre-configured swipe gesture is drawn. We can select any swipe gesture from available gestures from the app settings page. Currently this app supports 4 gestures to unlock as explained below:
- Swipe Right : Swipe from left side to right side horizontally with any finger on lock screen
- Swipe Left : Swipe from right side to left side horizontally with any finger on lock screen
- Swipe Up : Swipe from down side to up side vertically with any finger on lock screen
- Swipe Down : Swipe from up side to down side vertically with any finger on lock screen

This app will lock the screen 5 seconds after the screen turns off. This will allow you to use touch to wake feature.
It will automatically unlock while incoming call.

Note:
1) Please disable default system lock or any other lock app in order for this Invisible Lock to function properly.
2) Though this app blocks access to the screen, we can still access Notification Bar and hardware buttons (if any) on the device. I am working on this to block them and will try to include in the next version.

I've uploaded it on to play store. Checkout the below link and provide your feedback:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramesh.security
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invisible Lock Pro
---------------------------
I have published pro version of this app to Play Store. It should be up in couple of hours. The pro version features:

1) Additional gesture (press & hold) has been added for security. Now you need to press & hold on the lock screen after doing the selected gesture to unlock.
2) Enable Sound on Unlock. This can be configured from the settings page. Currently the notification sound will be played when screen is unlocked.
3) Tutorial included on how to use this unlock feature.

Note: Please try my Invisible Lock application before purchasing the Pro version. If it is compatible, then buy this app.

Additional Gestures will be added in next version.

Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramesh.security.pro

Last edited:

asdf20

Jan 9, 2012
Hyderabad
The Invisible Lock app has been tested on the below mentioned devices:

Samsung Galaxy S3 (International version)
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy Y
Amazon Kindle Fire (First Generation)

Last edited:
Reactions: kide71

bjrmd

Feb 13, 2006
Brilliant

Works well on my Note 2.

I have been looking for exactly this since my first android yrs ago.
It evens shows updates and animations that are happening on the home screen.
Better than the crippled shrunken widget on 4.2-4.3, things like widget locker etc.

Thanks

Reactions: asdf20

mikeszf

Jan 31, 2011
This is awesome!.

I would love if in a future you could implement pattern lock. I Like using a hidden pattern lock so people don´t even try to solve it, this would make it just perfect :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-09-21-15-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-21-15-56.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,986
Reactions: asdf20

vasili_defy

Feb 10, 2011
Hey sivva, getting forced close on 4.3! I am on PA rom!

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Geddd

Nov 5, 2013
this looks cool and unique, will try this one. Thanks master :)

works great on galaxy core. at first attempt it doesn't work, just lock your device and wait for about 5 mins lol

Last edited:

asdf20

Jan 9, 2012
Hyderabad
Guys,
I am sorry that I forgot to inform you all that I've set 5 seconds delay before the lock screen applies on the screen. It will lock 5 seconds after the screen turns off. The reason is that most of the people I know are using touch to wake (from googy's kernel) feature. You won't get annoyed by the lock screen if you are using touch to wake.

I have also updated the tested devices list in the second post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I've developed an app called Invisible Lock which is a transparent lock screen through which we can see the screen behind the lock screen.
    This is my second android application after Simple Gestures.

This is an invisible lock where in it will block access to the screen but will show the screen behind this lock. We can see everything on screen clearly but we cannot access anything until the pre-configured swipe gesture is drawn. We can select any swipe gesture from available gestures from the app settings page. Currently this app supports 4 gestures to unlock as explained below:
    - Swipe Right : Swipe from left side to right side horizontally with any finger on lock screen
    - Swipe Left : Swipe from right side to left side horizontally with any finger on lock screen
    - Swipe Up : Swipe from down side to up side vertically with any finger on lock screen
    - Swipe Down : Swipe from up side to down side vertically with any finger on lock screen

This app will lock the screen 5 seconds after the screen turns off. This will allow you to use touch to wake feature.
    It will automatically unlock while incoming call.

Note:
    1) Please disable default system lock or any other lock app in order for this Invisible Lock to function properly.
    2) Though this app blocks access to the screen, we can still access Notification Bar and hardware buttons (if any) on the device. I am working on this to block them and will try to include in the next version.

I've uploaded it on to play store. Checkout the below link and provide your feedback:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramesh.security
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Invisible Lock Pro
    ---------------------------
    I have published pro version of this app to Play Store. It should be up in couple of hours. The pro version features:

1) Additional gesture (press & hold) has been added for security. Now you need to press & hold on the lock screen after doing the selected gesture to unlock.
    2) Enable Sound on Unlock. This can be configured from the settings page. Currently the notification sound will be played when screen is unlocked.

Note: Please try my Invisible Lock application before purchasing the Pro version. If it is compatible, then buy this app.

Here's the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ramesh.security.pro
    Invisible Lock Pro

Invisible Lock Pro

Not secure at all. Someone could figure the swipe out in seconds. I would use this if you can implement pattern security. Automatically unlocking on a call isn't secure either. I haven't tried it, but couldn't someone just call your phone, then answer it, hang up and have your screen unlocked if it were just lying around?

Let me clear this that I did not consider security aspect while developing this app. As some of the users are talking about the security aspect, I might consider it in the coming versions.

Regarding the auto unlock on call, I implemented this as an alternative unlocking method incase if for any reason the gesture did not work while unlocking the phone. The reason is that i do not want my users to suffer from this.
    patiently waiting..

patiently waiting for the blur effect..and the option to create our own gestures...and removing access to notification bar.
    aside from that great app. would even pay 2x what ur asking if you could get those little things programmed in.

thanks alot for your work
    appreciate it.