4.2.2 overheating

Search This thread

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
after update to 4.2.2 atrix heats too much.......... any solution?

Create your own thread. it is a compkletely different problem. also, it has been answered in cm10.1's thread. in the last few pages, i think @palmbeach05 has covered this and other issues.

As for OP: AFAIK, fastdormancy comes preinstalled, depends upon your carrier and it automatically start to work whenever it detects your carrier supports it. but in my experience, i got better results removing it than wit it enablesd maybe due to the alpha nature of the kernel

Samdroid1991

Mar 18, 2014
Mumbai
Create your own thread. it is a compkletely different problem. also, it has been answered in cm10.1's thread. in the last few pages, i think @palmbeach05 has covered this and other issues.

As for OP: AFAIK, fastdormancy comes preinstalled, depends upon your carrier and it automatically start to work whenever it detects your carrier supports it. but in my experience, i got better results removing it than wit it enablesd maybe due to the alpha nature of the kernel

can u get me a link for atrix 4g stable ics kernel???

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
can u get me a link for atrix 4g stable ics kernel???

All kernels nowadays are 3.1.10. This is, has been, and will be until officially upgraded, an Alpha stage kernel. This means that there are major bugs present. Are there kernels out there that are stable enough at this stage? Yes. Most are within the individual ROM threads, others are in krystian's dropbox.

There are 2 versions of ICS that are popular amongst A4G users, AtrICS v 2.0 and CM9. Which one are you trying to use?

torecdude

Feb 20, 2014

Thanks for your reply, do you use epinter CM 10.1 too? do you think i should make a nandroid backup and try removing it?

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
Thanks for your reply, do you use epinter CM 10.1 too? do you think i should make a nandroid backup and try removing it?

ALWAYS make a backup prior to any test modifications. That way if removing fastdormancy makes things worse for you, you have something to fall back on without having to go through the hassle of reflashing the entire ROM.

Samdroid1991

Mar 18, 2014
Mumbai
All kernels nowadays are 3.1.10. This is, has been, and will be until officially upgraded, an Alpha stage kernel. This means that there are major bugs present. Are there kernels out there that are stable enough at this stage? Yes. Most are within the individual ROM threads, others are in krystian's dropbox.

There are 2 versions of ICS that are popular amongst A4G users, AtrICS v 2.0 and CM9. Which one are you trying to use?

im trying to use CM9 screen goes black after lock!!!!!!! n never comes back untill restart
i had same prblm with CM10.1 but i solved it using anothr kernel
can u suggest any kernel for CM9 ??

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
im trying to use CM9 screen goes black after lock!!!!!!! n never comes back untill restart
i had same prblm with CM10.1 but i solved it using anothr kernel
can u suggest any kernel for CM9 ??

Ok and you're experiencing a problem everyone has had or still has. Stop complaining or start developing a fix. Can't develop? Don't complain. Simple as that. Besides that, I mentioned it before, but I will reiterate the point again. THE 3.1.10 KERNEL IS AN ALPHA STAGE KERNEL. ALL ROMS RUNNING A 3.1.10 KERNEL BECOME ALPHA STAGE ROMS AS WELL. ALL LOWER REVISION KERNELS ON ANY 4.0 AND UP ROM WILL PROVIDE ISSUES AS WELL. This is pretty much a deal with what we, the devs of xda, can provide to you and other users, or move onto a new ROM or a new device.

Top Liked Posts