PebbleOS 2.2 - Possible Battery Drain ?

Search This thread

SX86

May 10, 2010
QC
Good day!

Anybody noticed fast battery draining since the update to 2.2?

First day, I went to bed getting my first 20% "low battery" warning, waking up next morning to a dead battery (watch was completely turned off).
My watch seems to be losing 30% battery a day, for the last 2 days.
I used to lose 10% a day, maybe a bit less...

It may be the watchfaces I have installed, but I haven't made any significant changes since the update.

~SX

thedeath93

Apr 1, 2011
I think I experience the same thing with the battery drain of the new firmware, go back to 2.1 for now

Last edited:

SX86

May 10, 2010
QC
I was still loosing 30% a day on 2.2 after a few days, full charge.
Also, my friend with a Steel had the same issue.

I use to get 10 days on 2.1.... hopefully they can fix 2.2 to bring back the extra good battery life.

I went back to 2.1 from PebbleBits.

antiyou

Jun 8, 2014
Same here, losing 40% in 19 hours. :good: May have to downgrade if updates don't roll out soon enough!

rogerperk

Aug 11, 2010
North Carolina
No problems here. I'm getting an easy 5 days and hitting 40%. Had 100% Monday morning. Its 4:43 pm on Tuesday and I'm at 90%. I don't use alot of whistles and bells - just time and notifications. Maybe that's why? New user and probably haven't figured out all it can do yet.

Note: Just checked and my version is 2.0.15.4, for whatever that's worth. I updated just a few days ago though.

Last edited:

SX86

May 10, 2010
QC
I've had mine since christmas, and even at that time the battery life wasn't that great, but that changed when we hit 2.1 (I think...).
Maybe I'd have to try and do a factory reset after re-installing 2.2.

What I find strange is that I haven't changed anything, same watchface, same apps.... just a new PebbleOS...
On the same night I had installed it, I was at 30%. Next morning (8h later) the watch was completely dead. Unless I use my Pebble while sleepwalking, I don't know what happened there!
I have quiet hours setup too.

Crios

Mar 9, 2005
same here. had 12 days with my watchface on 2.1 and now 2 days with 2.2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

freq019

Mar 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
My battery life sucked as well on 2.2 I just reflashed pebblebits 2.1 this morning so I'll see if it really was 2.2 it my imagination.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SX86

May 10, 2010
QC
Update-ish...

Hey guys...still not progress on the issue it seams.

I forgot to mention that I linked this thread on Reddit to an existing post they had on there.

http://redd.it/27slv1

Some who works for Pebble (I believe) replied to the post, indicating that "nothing could be found in the logs they checked"...

I would suggest you reply to the Reddit post, just so we can open their eyes on the issue.

Thanks!

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I get phenomenal battery life on my Pebble Steel running 2.2.

Official 2.2 firmware and beta version of the Android Pebble app (v2.0.16-RC4). The following watch apps installed: PebbleBucks, Notifications (with Notification Center companion app), Music Boss (with Music Boss companion app), Canvas (watch face version with Canvas for Pebble companion app).

I get anywhere from 5-6 days from a full charge, with 10-15% drain per day. I'd say that my use of the watch is moderate. I use Music Boss for a few hours each day on my commute to and from work with frequent song skipping (which lights up the screen.) My watch face includes weather information on 2-hour refresh and phone battery with 1% increments. I get anywhere from 5-10 notifications per hour from various sources like e-mail, voicemail, SMS, Google Now, and different social media apps (G+, Twitter, etc.)

pdagenius

Nov 4, 2006
I get phenomenal battery life on my Pebble Steel running 2.2.

Official 2.2 firmware and beta version of the Android Pebble app (v2.0.16-RC4). The following watch apps installed: PebbleBucks, Notifications (with Notification Center companion app), Music Boss (with Music Boss companion app), Canvas (watch face version with Canvas for Pebble companion app).

I get anywhere from 5-6 days from a full charge, with 10-15% drain per day. I'd say that my use of the watch is moderate. I use Music Boss for a few hours each day on my commute to and from work with frequent song skipping (which lights up the screen.) My watch face includes weather information on 2-hour refresh and phone battery with 1% increments. I get anywhere from 5-10 notifications per hour from various sources like e-mail, voicemail, SMS, Google Now, and different social media apps (G+, Twitter, etc.)
Am wondering what phone and version of Android you are on. They are very impressive stats.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Am wondering what phone and version of Android you are on. They are very impressive stats.

Galaxy S4 running CM11 nightlies (currently on Android 4.4.4 KitKat.) I don't know if that matters though, aside from which Bluetooth version is being used. As far as I know, BT 4.0 LE is not supported on Pebble, so it must be using 4.0, and falling back to 2.1 for paired devices that aren't 4.0.

I completely charged the watch over the weekend and rebooted. It's currently sitting at 70% battery with 2d 1h 49m 50s uptime.

Reactions: pdagenius

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Just remembered I promised usage stats :)
loEV8aB.png

It's still at 30%. At this rate I expect it to go full 7 days, mostly because I barely used it during this past holiday weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Galaxy S4 running CM11 nightlies (currently on Android 4.4.4 KitKat.) I don't know if that matters though, aside from which Bluetooth version is being used. As far as I know, BT 4.0 LE is not supported on Pebble, so it must be using 4.0, and falling back to 2.1 for paired devices that aren't 4.0.

I completely charged the watch over the weekend and rebooted. It's currently sitting at 70% battery with 2d 1h 49m 50s uptime.