[Q] Android Revolution HD, Xposed Framework and Sense 6

Search This thread

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
Hi all, I've got an M8 and really want to add a few features to it. I'm a bit of a noob to all of this so I hope you don't mind these questions in this forum.

I think Android Revolution HD and the Sense 6 Toolbox have the features that I'd like. So I need to:

1. Install ARHD
2. Install the Xposed framework using ARHD
3. Install Sense 6

I've been reading this page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265618

So I need to:

1. Unlock the bootloader (steps 1 to 19)
2. Flash a custom recovery (next section, steps 1 to 11) - Where do I get a custom recovery though?
3. Flash a custom ROM (next section, steps 1 to 7) - This is the part which installs ARHD?
4. Install Xposed through ARHD
5. Install Sense 6

Please forgive my noobish questions and correct me where I'm making a fool of myself! I'm a quick learner :)

Thanks in advance

lazydesi

Jan 26, 2011
1. Unlock the bootloader (steps 1 to 19)
2. Flash a custom recovery (next section, steps 1 to 11) - Where do I get a custom recovery though?
3. Flash a custom ROM (next section, steps 1 to 7) - This is the part which installs ARHD?
4. Install Xposed through ARHD
5. Install Sense 6

Please forgive my noobish questions and correct me where I'm making a fool of myself! I'm a quick learner :)

Thanks in advance

you can do step 1 & 2 by using

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065

Once your device rooted, just download the rom , copy to your phone and flash it via recovery.

step 4&5 are part of step 3, which is installing ROM

you can download the rom from the following link.

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com.au/p/android-revolution-hd-mirror-site-var.html

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
Thanks desi :) A couple more questions if you don't mind!

So it looks like steps 1 and 2 are covered...are there any advantages of following the instructions on the original link I posted instead of the windows software that you linked?

Once your device rooted, just download the rom , copy to your phone and flash it via recovery.

When you say flash the ROM via recovery, is this a different sort of recovery than what step 2 was describing?

step 4&5 are part of step 3, which is installing ROM

I thought step 4 and 5 had to be done after installing ARHD?

Thanks again ;)

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
you should nandroid backup your pristine stock rom before flashing a rom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
So I think that I use the Toolkit V2, then take a nandroid backup, then install ARHD?

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
correct. once you have a custom recovery, you can backup and flash at will.

Thanks, I think I've got it now...the toolkit has TWRP which is a custom recovery right?

I've also been reading about S-off...I don't think I need to know about it for what I'm planning?

Thanks again

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
Ok..I'm pretty sure I don't need it...

I'm going for it now...my first root. Wish me luck!

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
I've used the tool kit successfully and used TWRP to make a backup :D

I backed up before installing super user.

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
Ok, HRHD installed, Sense 6 installed, Xposed installed.

But when I opened Xposed from the app drawer, under "Framework" it says "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?"

Any ideas?

Jez006

Jun 27, 2014
Ok I've done it, I had to allow apps from unknown sources and then give Xposed superuser permission.

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
Ok I've done it, I had to allow apps from unknown sources and then give Xposed superuser permission.

yep. after initial install you have to install the framework from within xposed, then reboot.

have fun and welcome!