[ROM] [JB] [P4--P4WIFI--P4VZW] 4.1.2 AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Search This thread

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
well, the tablet does not come up when I plug it into USB. when in debugging mode, it comes up as ACER adb. with USB debugging disabled, nothing happens except charge.

Can u do me a favor a run a logcat while u plug in ur USB, try and switch between mtp and ptp, all that jazz. Otherwise it'll b a couple hours till I can do it. My computer is compiling right now, and its using all my processors.
If u can get me a logcat, itll go much quicker.

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
YOu will have to excuse me. none were checked. as I FINALLY found that setting. it wasnt enabled by default, and not having worked with AOKP in a while, I forgot its location. sorry to scare you.

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
I cannot use ADB on my computer because I have to use a specific version of Java for work. that said, when USB debugging is on, the computer showed it as ADB mode.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Also Apex launcher seems to look and perform much better that stock on it. Ive never been a fan of Go launcher. Nova seemed off. I looked at ADW launcher EX but dont want to pay the $3. on my phone I use Lightning Launcher since I like the simplicity of it. I dont utilize multiple home pages on my phone. LL is Wicked fast.

So far, my impressions of the rom are good. it runs very well. miss a few things about stock, but the speed and fluidness of this one will surely prevail.

Reactions: triptosyll

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
I cannot use ADB on my computer because I have to use a specific version of Java for work. that said, when USB debugging is on, the computer showed it as ADB mode.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Also Apex launcher seems to look and perform much better that stock on it. Ive never been a fan of Go launcher. Nova seemed off. I looked at ADW launcher EX but dont want to pay the $3. on my phone I use Lightning Launcher since I like the simplicity of it. I dont utilize multiple home pages on my phone. LL is Wicked fast.

So far, my impressions of the rom are good. it runs very well. miss a few things about stock, but the speed and fluidness of this one will surely prevail.

OK. As soon as this finishes compiling, I will play with adb a bit, and see how its doing.

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
what's the differences with this ROM and CM10 ROM - [ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview
I know this is AOKP and other is CM10, I am just mostly asking if some of issues in CM10 fixed in this AOKP ROM.

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
what's the differences with this ROM and CM10 ROM - [ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview
I know this is AOKP and other is CM10, I am just mostly asking if some of issues in CM10 fixed in this AOKP ROM.

Nope. The only difference is all the extra options aokp has over cm. The difference between this one and that one is the same as the difference between cm and aokp.

Reactions: jlokos

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Nope. The only difference is all the extra options aokp has over cm. The difference between this one and that one is the same as the difference between cm and aokp.

Excellent work. On occasions, I get some FC's when I try to make some settings in rom control. BTW, rom control only allows overclocking to 1200; I use setCPU to OC to 1400. ADB/USB connections work for me. Very smooth and fluid rom. Great work.

Reactions: triptosyll

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Excellent work. On occasions, I get some FC's when I try to make some settings in rom control. BTW, rom control only allows overclocking to 1200; I use setCPU to OC to 1400. ADB/USB connections work for me. Very smooth and fluid rom. Great work.

Well, about those FC's, if u can get a logcat, and catch some of the FC's, I can take a look at what's causing it. :thumbup:

Reactions: dr.mosse

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
What's the easiest way to get a logcat of those errors?

If u don't have it set up already, then Google adb setup, and go through the process. Then search how to get a logcat. There's a thread I created not too long ago with the commands to print a nice logcat with warnings errors and fatals. I'll get the link in a minute. If u already have adb set up, then u just need to do the commands from the link.

EDIT: adb logcat -v long *:W*:S > file name.txt

that's the command u put into your terminal once adb is set up and your tab is connected to your computer.

Last edited:

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Nice :) couple of questions.

1. I have A p4 3g tab. Can u pls make an aokp rom for us.? And if i can flash this on myGT-P7500? what modifications shud i be making? Thanks so much.

Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

The files are being uploaded to mediafire right now. I'll PM you the correct links soon. :)

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
I have just finished compiling p4, and p4wifi versions of the rom. As soon as I hear back on whether they boot, I will b posting links to download them to the OP, if they boot.

triptosyll

Jan 7, 2012
Mineral Point
Is there anyone willing to test whether either the p4 or p4wifi versions boot, and get back to me so I can add them if they do? If your willing to test it, pm me, and I'll get u the link.

Reactions: styckx

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Is there anyone willing to test whether either the p4 or p4wifi versions boot, and get back to me so I can add them if they do? If your willing to test it, pm me, and I'll get u the link.

Send it.. I'll load it up and let you know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build I compiled of AOKP for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 p4vzw, p4, and p4wifi. All credit goes to the AOKP team, and the CM team. Its their code, i just compiled it, and got it to build for the tab. This is strictly unofficial. As far as I know, there isn't a jellybean AOKP build for this device, so here some AOKP goodness. I have added a few touches of my own. Nothing major. Little changes. Not enough to call it anything but AOKP though. :D:D

The usual applies, flash at your own risk. If you drown in the tub tonight cuz u flashed this rom, don't come crying to me!!

This rom runs Pershoot's kernel, version 3.1

How to flash:

1. Download the rom:

p4

p4vzw

p4wifi

2. Gapps (All thanks to Kill Droid Hack for packaging it and his work on it up to that point, sharingan92 for his thread i got it from, and all the amazing people who attacked the 4.2 and tore that s**t up! You guys rock!!)

3. MAKE A NANDROID!!

4. Please do a full Wipe of data, cache, and dalvik

5. Flash rom

6. Flash gapps

7. Reboot

Enjoy!

Changes:

*Added the 4.2 keyboard
    *The 4.2 Gapps
    *Changed the color of the data arrows(I couldn't ever see the gray on gray)

THANKS TO:
    All the CM guys!
    All the AOKP guys!
    Pershoot for his kernel work, and his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Romanbb for his work with the Galaxy Tab!
    Lithid-cm for helping me through the rough spots of learning the android build system!

Any bugs or problems, let me know so I can try and implement a fix. :D:D

EDIT: Known Bugs:
    *Swagger wallpapers FC
    *Rom Control->Vibrations FC :confused:

I am sorry to say, this is on the way back burner for me for quite a while. My wife and I are 7 mos. pregnant with our 3rd child, and its our first girl! We are excited, and extremely busy. I will, however, if u have the knowledge, be willing to go over the process with someone, show them how I did what I did. Im sorry guys, but hope that u can still enjoy the rom. If I get back into it, whenever that may be, I will definitely come back here. U guys have been great! Thanks everyone.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
    Iol sorry bro are you affirming that u can make calls? Cause u have question marks after you responses lol.... does anyone know if e dial pad tones work in a call for checking voicemail? Thanks

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe any of the calling works. Anyone that DOES have calling working, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its not working. I don't know why, and I can't know why without a logcat.

I will only say this one more time.
    IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOGCAT OF YOUR PROBLEM, I WILL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE NO SUPPORT!

I don't see how people assume that I just KNOW what's going on with your tab. U have to provide me with info. And not just "my phone calls won't work". This is where logcat comes in. Its the computer output during the time of the problem. Your diagnosis means nothing. Logcat is god. This is why there is a ten post limit before your allowed to post in the dev section. Its to get people accustomed to the way things are done, and how problems are addressed and fixed. If u don't have a logcat, please do not post about any of your problems. Sorry to sound like a ****, but I have a life, and I don't want to spend hours trying to diagnose a problem that would have taken ten minutes to fix had YOU taken ten minutes to give me the proper info.

I'm not saying I CAN fix it either. I'm just saying, if ud like me to try, please provide the needed info.

Thank u. And I'm really NOT an asshole. I just am getting sick of everyone acting like their problem means so much, but 3/4 of the people who have used this ROM haven't even used the damned thank u button. The ONLY thing that the devs in this community get are measly thank u's, and half u guys can't even do that. And on top of it, u demand fixes to problems, and won't even bother to look at the rules. :banghead:

If u want help, please be courteous, and provide a logcat and the version of the ROM u downloaded.

Now, back to solving issues. :)
    Hit me. I'll see what I can do.
    Any chance you could build us one for p4wifi? That would incedible!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

I should b able to build it for both of those tabs. Gimme a bit today. Takes me 2 1/2 hours to build, and I won't b able to start till after work. I'll get back to u guys tho.

using additional software to tune the touchscreen did nothing (or at least I did not see any improvement). however, please be noted that I also did not experiment any type of lags, so that should make me a 'member' of elite....

as suggestion, triptosyll, maybe you can give your ROM an name and start using some type of version control....

No, its not my ROM. I'm doing nothing to source. Its strictly aokp. The version of the ROM is the same version as the version of aokp from the same date. If u wanna know what version it is, check the date on the build, and find out what build number it is that aokp was on at the same time. :thumbup:

As a note, guys. I will not b compiling a 4.2 version of this for a while. I know source is there, and that I could, but there are so many bugs in it that I'm not about to deal with 200 posts about FC's, random reboots, apps not working, etc. When things get ironed out, I'll get u guys some more fresh stuff. :)