Samsung General Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F knowledge base

Search This thread

bobo159951

Sep 1, 2014
I'd like but don't have any knowledge in coding and i'm very bad in english.
Have you got good knowledge in coding?

I'm very bad in english too!
I have some knowledge in coding however only in web languages...
I will try to start this rom custom by reading cyanogen's tuto available on their website.
Edit: Finaly I think it will be too much complicated because as we can see on the ROM custom for galaxy core there are many bugs as wifi, blueooth....
-----------------------------------

Je suis mauvais en anglais également!
J'ai quelques connaissances en codage mais seulement dans des languages du web (pour les sites internet)
Je vais essayer de commencer cette ROM custom en lisant les tutos de cyanogen disponible sur leur site
Edit: Finalement en regardant la page de dev sur la ROM Custom pour galaxy core il y a trop de problèmes comme le wifi ou le blueooth...

Last edited:

Agasharr

Oct 3, 2013
www.krafciarka.pl
hi, it seems that Galaxy Ace 4 LTE SM-G313F is similar to g386f:
same processor (renesas mp5232)
1GB RAM
differences:
screen + storage
G313F running android 4.4

Hope someone could find this useful.

xhostluv

Apr 8, 2015
change imei samsung sm-g386f

hello, sorry for my english first

guys how can i change the imei to this phone ??? i have a back'up of efs.img i have openede with hex editor but i can't find the imei ! My phone is lock on orange here in my country and i want to use t-mobile sim .. or a way to unlock this phone .. please help me .. i have try efs_profesional but can't connctionr fail ..

Agasharr

Oct 3, 2013
www.krafciarka.pl
Hey @Bochko , me and @midoriiroo already tried to compile a cwm for our device. If you understand how to prevent this shi.tty red exclamation mark to appear, please tell me, i would be very interested to know what we previously done wrong..

EDIT : Also don't hesitate to use the informations we gathered which is here http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-core/development/rb-compiling-cwm-cm-galaxy-core-lte-sm-t3041696

hi, are You sure that your recovery is working correctly? I've compiled modified kernel from samsung sources. After flashing it displays red exclamation mark but it boots to android just after.

AmineI

Dec 14, 2014
hi, are You sure that your recovery is working correctly? I've compiled modified kernel from samsung sources. After flashing it displays red exclamation mark but it boots to android just after.

like i said, although the informations are correct, we are always faced to this problem.. :c

Alex4455

Aug 21, 2014
Subscribed ! I would also love to see a custom recovery for this phone...
Would be very happy to see a CM 12.1 maybe ? :p
Willing to donate a few bucks after it's finished !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread I would like to gather all information about custom roms, recoveries, kernels and root methods suitable for the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F, so that people don't have to look up every single thread in order to find (or, which is true in most of the cases, to not find) their desired solutions. Also this may get developers interested which would be good since there is nearly no developing going on at the moment. It would be very kind of the mods if they'd made this thread a sticky so that everybody can easily access the information. :)

201402191456303911.jpg

DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS

Display - PLS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors; 540 x 960 pixels, 4.5 inches (~245 ppi pixel density)
    Internal Memory - 8 GB, 1 GB RAM
    Connectivity - GPRS; EDGE; HSPA; LTE, Cat4, 50 Mbps UL, 150 Mbps DL; Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot; Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP; NFC;
    Camera - Back: 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash; Front: 0,3 MP
    CPU - Renesas MP5232 dual-core SoC (1,2 GHz)
    Graphics Chip - PowerVR SGX544
    Sensors - Accelerometer, proximity, compass
    GPS - with A-GPS, GLONASS

LATEST STOCK ROM

Android OS, v4.2.2
    Release date: August 2014
    PDA: G386FXWUANG1
    CSC: G386FITVANH1
    Download: http://rapidgator.net/file/6a9315a968157e27400354cc6850bfcd/XEF-G386FXWUANG1-20140805095652.zip.html

HOW TO ROOT

First of all: I am NOT responsible for any damage the following guides may do to your phones. Use them at your own risk! If you don't know what you're doing - stop! You have been warned.

Currently there is only one working root method (thanks to freb123 for letting me know!).
    Root via Chimera tool

EDIT: You can now manually root your devices!
    The necessary files can be downloaded from here: sendbox.fr/pro/yagmbf4ke22i/g386froot.zip.html (thanks to freb123 again for providing us with the files! :))
    These files can be flashed through ODIN and/or adb. The only thing you need to do is to change the file extension from .md5 to .tar (thanks to mstefanski1987 for figuring that out!)
    Note: You still need to install supersu from Google Play after flashing.

Again: Use this at your own risk and only if you're completely aware of what you're doing.

Download ODIN 3.07: http://www.mediafire.com/download/khxp78iwthsukji/Odin+3.07+BY+taringuero_d+.rar
    Download Samsung USB driver: http://developer.samsung.com/board/download.do?bdId=0000000700&attachId=0000000001

Requirements - Computer running Windows XP or above; Chimera Tool: https://chimeratool.com/application/142; All-in-one driver package: https://pics.chimeratool.com/drivers/chimera_drivers.exe; USB debugging enabled in phone

1. Download the linked packages
    2. Install the drivers first and the program itself afterwards
    3. Launch chimera tool
    4. You will have to log in in order to proceed. To do so you'll need to sign up for a free chimera account here: https://chimeratool.com/register (this account expires after three days)
    5. Connect your phone via USB with USB debugging enabled
    6. If the phone is recognized correctly, the program will display your device model and five options (Info, Repair, Root/Unroot, Firmware Update and Factory Unlock)
    7. Click "Root/Unroot"
    8. The rooting process is automated so everything from 7. on should happen automatically. However, the program prompted me to manually enter download mode. If that's the case, simply disconnect your phone from USB, turn it off and enter download mode by following the on-screen instructions. After entering download mode reconnect your phone via USB and rooting should finish.
    9. Since the program does NOT install supersu, you'll have to manually install it via Google Play.
    10. That's it - your device is rooted!

CUSTOM ROMS & KERNELS

None yet

CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP,CWM)

None yet

Note: This thread will be updated as soon as I receive new information about the listed sections. If there is anything you wish to add or contribute (I'd love you to do that, believe me ;)) feel free to comment!
    Try to build cm-10.2

Hi everyone,

I've setup a build cyanogenmod environment and wait back my device from samsung "after-sales service". So at this moment i can't build anything, i've the kernel and platform source for the sm-g386f, cm-10.2 source, the devices specs and the very good wikipage from cyanogenmod wiki (title: How To Port CyanogenMod Android To Your Own Device) :
    Sorry i can't post link.
    When my devices is back i'll try build cm-10.2 + cwm, but i can fail.

don't give up.
    Lasts news c:

Hola !
    After multiple verifications, my compiled recovery should be working. BUT We can't boot into the phone because of the "SECURE BOOT : YES". We see it in the download mode. And after some searchs, i see that the secure boot is checking the boot & recovery partitions, and do not boot them if they are not stock ones. So the last thing to do is to disable it.

Pour les francais, le "Secure Boot", empeche de booter sur une partition boot / Recovery qui n'est pas officielle. Je vois mal comment le desactiver mais on essaiera.
    When i try to use attached file with Odin 3.07 I get this:

Code:
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
    <OSM> sm-g386f_root.tar.md5 is invalid.
    <OSM> End...

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to get root so I can dump recovery image and start working on it. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:

Figured it out, I had to change extension from .tar.md5 to .tar.
    MANUAL ROOT METHOD IS WORKING.

EDIT 2:

I've added CWM to builder queue: builder-clockworkmod-com/done?build_id=16f0aab3c75f41c0a46f1aa4fdb4b407
    I don't know, but i've retrieve some information from the web, pastebin .com/FSR7gxXe
    i'll get back my device tomorrow. and i'll try working on this week-end!

and i'm french too ;)

PS: sorry i can't post link atm.