[Root] Alcatel OT Idol 6030X - Sloved

Search This thread

dj_suca

Apr 12, 2007
Lisbon
Hi everyone,

Can please some one help me Rooting this phone.. i have tryed almost all tutorials of manual an auto rooting android Devices and nothing works..

here the specifications:

Chipset MTK 6577+
CPU Dual-core 1 GHz
1 Gb Ram
Android 4.1.1
Kernel - 3.4.0

Root:
ok ok guys i've made it....

tnks God... so ive followed 4 tutorials and the combinations of them got me to this...

i will share just take a look:

Screenshot_2013-05-23-23-21-51.jpg

i think this will work on Idol X the 6030X version only

all the files needed are here

The Sp version is on txt on the file..

User the scatter on the 7zip file

load it Sp deselect everything... but the recovery

Select the recovery on the Zip file

Power off the mobile

disconect from pc

On Sp click Download and yes and plug hte phone into the pc

Wait to complete and unplug the phone from pc..

enter on Cwm by pressing Power and Vol+ as sun u see the logo stop pressing the power and press vol+ till cwm pops.

the Zip file Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed must be on your sdcard

now follow the normal procidure to instal zip from Sdcard..

reboot phone after and open supersu, it will ask from Busybox update, choose normal, and done... install RootChecker just to verify..

My big tnks to all of you that help me to get here... and mostly to Rua1(tnks man) for this tutorial - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5

Enjoe....

Last edited:

theshrink89

Mar 15, 2013
Ниш
@Pyntux

Poz sugradjanine :)

I haven't bought the phone yet but I did some research and found 2 methods but none on english :S

Hungarian - http://data.hu/get/6493358/Alcetel_OT_6030D_Root_HowTo.pdf

German - http://www.android-hilfe.de/5684068-post10.html

I tryed to translate the German text via Google, here it goes...

-Download first the files

CWM Recovery 6030D
Cwm Recovery 6.0.2.8 Neu!! Optional
MTK Droid & Tools 2.44 (without warez)
TWRP Recovery 2.4.4.0
VCOM Drivers
SpFlashtool
************************************************** ************************************************** *
MobileUncle Tools
Mobile Uncle Tools 2.8.0

-So you can very easy to flash the patched recovery

Here we go:
-Idol connected on the PC (USB debug mode must be active) and install drivers if needed
-(Must be quick startup disabled) SPFlash run tools, Scatter file and then load cwm recovery to download press idol off
-Idol on the Pc connected (the drivers are installed automatically)
-The SPflashTools will now flash the Cwm recovery. If a green circle appears everything went well.

-Unplug the cable, run MTKDroidTools.
-Switch on with Power & Volume + and simultaneously connect the smartphone to the PC
-Once this is recognized (as comic characters will appear, but everything is ok), go to "root, backup, recovery and super user click on it that can be installed.
-The display during the root process remains dark all the time with me. So do not panic
-Unplug the cable, wait a minute and long press on the power button until the logo appears idol
-I had to update suspersu (after first boot) ... but is normal.
-You can also make a backup, although that will not be complete. Important is the boot.img and recovery.img are here.

-caution: After a reboot the CWM recovery is overwritten by the stock recovery. Personally, I would leave it there so far is no 100% functional recovery

The idol is now rooted
The CWM and TWRP recovery is not 100% functional. The Custpack partitions get no support.

edit
With Mtk Droid Root Tools & backup works fine)

Hope I helped :) Cant wait to get the phone, just 20 days to go... :)

What are your impressions about the phone?

Edit: Forgot to say, this is for 6030D but it will maybe work on the other two models... Hopefully :D

Have you tryed this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490

Last edited:
Reactions: savgardns

theshrink89

Mar 15, 2013
Ниш
Could someone translate this to English? And has anyone managed to finally root the phone? :)

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using xda premium

Pyntux

Apr 16, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8
I do not have enough knowledge to do a this, + none of the tutorial is on in English ...

I successfully rooted all my other android devices, gt i5500, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Tab 2, Huawei G300, but this Alcatel giving me a headache ...

:(

H377

Apr 18, 2010
Hey Guys,

I have created the Hungarian document so will guide you through but will definitely need some time.

BRB

Reactions: theshrink89

dj_suca

Apr 12, 2007
Lisbon
Gets terror uploading the custom recovery To the idol...

error 1011 no enough space....

Tapatalking From The 3° Galaxy GT-9300

H377

Apr 18, 2010
Please check the scatter file maybe it's incorrect. Try re-creating it once again. The Cusotm Recovery has to be smaller or equal than the recovery partition size in the scatter file.

theshrink89

Mar 15, 2013
Ниш
Finallx got the phone! It's so cool! Love the slim box and it's sooo fast! :) Anyway, i read something about the phone losing the DRM licence after root. Now, what does this DRM licence do and can we use this phone normally without it? As much as i got it, this has something to do with the licences for the apps...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030X using xda premium

Pyntux

Apr 16, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8
After losing DRM, you can lose GSM signal all the way, I do not want to play with it...

@H377

Are we losing DRM after rooting?

Is that tutorial for 6030X also?

Does stock recovery owerwrite custom cwm (which we need to install) after rooting/rebooting?

Last edited:

H377

Apr 18, 2010
Hi,

I still can use all the features on the phone after root, so I'm not quite sure if we loose anything. Still can play videos, MP3s, so all the apps work. Haven't noticed anything yet.

I think you can root the 6030X also with this procedure just be sure that you use your own scatter file extracted from your own phone. Then you cannot really mess anything up.

If you flash the stock recovery to the phone after rooting it will definitely overwrite the custom one. So normally it doesn't overwrite it automatically only if you manually flash it.

Last edited:

Pyntux

Apr 16, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8
Hi,

I still can use all the features on the phone after root, so I'm not quite sure if we loose anything. Still can play videos, MP3s, so all the apps work. Haven't noticed anything yet.

I think you can root the 6030X also with this procedure just be sure that you use your own scatter file extracted from your own phone. Then you cannot really mess anything up.

If you flash the stock recovery to the phone after rooting it will definitely overwrite the custom one. So normally it doesn't overwrite it automatically only if you manually flash it.

So I need to download stock recovery with flash tool, to flash after rooting?

Also, cwm recovery in tutorial is good, no need to mod any other recovery, just to use scatter which I made with MTK?

H377

Apr 18, 2010
So I need to download stock recovery with flash tool, to flash after rooting?

Also, cwm recovery in tutorial is good, no need to mod any other recovery, just to use scatter which I made with MTK?

It depends on:

If you have rooted the phone you can leave the custom CWM on it no need to reflash the stock recovery. But if you want to you can flash the stock back. It's all up to you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just finded another rom for our alcatel OT Idol 6030X. Here's the link........

[MIUI 2.4.28] Android 4.2.2 JB Alcatel OT-6030X

For now it seems that is not for daily use... (microphone not working yet...unable to make calls...):)))
    Hi everyone,

Can please some one help me Rooting this phone.. i have tryed almost all tutorials of manual an auto rooting android Devices and nothing works..

here the specifications:

Chipset MTK 6577+
    CPU Dual-core 1 GHz
    1 Gb Ram
    Android 4.1.1
    Kernel - 3.4.0

Root:
    ok ok guys i've made it....

tnks God... so ive followed 4 tutorials and the combinations of them got me to this...

i will share just take a look:

Screenshot_2013-05-23-23-21-51.jpg

i think this will work on Idol X the 6030X version only

all the files needed are here

The Sp version is on txt on the file..

User the scatter on the 7zip file

load it Sp deselect everything... but the recovery

Select the recovery on the Zip file

Power off the mobile

disconect from pc

On Sp click Download and yes and plug hte phone into the pc

Wait to complete and unplug the phone from pc..

enter on Cwm by pressing Power and Vol+ as sun u see the logo stop pressing the power and press vol+ till cwm pops.

the Zip file Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed must be on your sdcard

now follow the normal procidure to instal zip from Sdcard..

reboot phone after and open supersu, it will ask from Busybox update, choose normal, and done... install RootChecker just to verify..

My big tnks to all of you that help me to get here... and mostly to Rua1(tnks man) for this tutorial - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5

Enjoe....
    If you do not have copy of backup with TWRP, download one from link I give to you, this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khl4zficifxr4h/stock_rom_6030x.7z

Unpack, than folder twrp put on root of sdcard.

Flash TWRP with Flash tool (load scatter, choose twrp, etc...)

Boot in to recovery, power & vol +

Go in to section "restore" and choose backup, one which you copied to sd card...

Sorry for my english... :(

P.S. Backup from link above I found on web, so I do not know does work good...but I think it is OK...

Again, I do not know why OT Upgrade tool does not work... :( For me works good, even I have lattest firmware on phone...
    Instalation aborted !
    Please help I wanna to root this 6030x

OK, folow this guide wich I folowed to root my 6030X:

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Root-C...r-6010d-6030D-Alcatel-One-Touch-6030d-id.html

It's on serbian but you can get files and how to... Just on last step use root file from OP to install from cwm...

Or folow my guide:

http://forum.androidsrbija.com/viewtopic.php?f=315&t=4469

Files need for root:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/UxfI16D3/root_alcatel_6030x.html
    I don't know about which cwm are you talking, but I know that cwm (one which I have) does not backup /custpack and that's problem... :)

I'm talking about the CWM made automagically by MTK droid tools, that indeed doesn't backup the custpack partition.

BTW I've added your phone to my tutorial (with credits deserved to you and theshrink89 for the cooperation).

It's the turn of 4030d now ;)

And sooner or later I will translate it English, at least in a better English than the one of google translate :laugh:

P.S. And don't forget the hidden themes I discoverd, I'm sure are there even in your phone.