[Q] How to Access Phone Info to Change Network Mode?

Search This thread

ghamdan103

Feb 11, 2011
Sana'a
Please help how to access phone info to change network mode?

I'm trying to change network mode from CDMA auto PRL to CDMA only. I used to change it through phone info app but after upgrading to I535VRUCML1, it is not working anymore. I have seen in the Google play a note from the developer "sc@taiwan" that the app is not working with Samsung 4.3.
I have also enabled the hidden menu but the code *#*#4636#*# is not working.
My device is already Rooted.
The reason why I want to change from CDMA Auto PRL to CDMA only is that in some areas in my country (in Yemen) the battery will drop very quickly if I'm not on CDMA only.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

I'm trying to change network mode from CDMA auto PRL to CDMA only. I used to change it through phone info app but after upgrading to I535VRUCML1, it is not working anymore. I have seen in the Google play a note from the developer "sc@taiwan" that the app is not working with Samsung 4.3.
The reason why I want to change from CDMA Auto PRL to CDMA only is that in some areas in my country (in Yemen) the battery will drop very quickly if I'm not on CDMA only.

Navigate to system/efs/carrier and text edit the hidden menu.

It'll say off, delete it and write on in all caps. Reboot your phone and you'll be able to access the hidden menu.

This should work, but the file might not be in that location. if it doesn't work let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ghamdan103

ghamdan103

Feb 11, 2011
Sana'a

It'll say off, delete it and write on in all caps. Reboot your phone and you'll be able to access the hidden menu.

This should work, but the file might not be in that location. if it doesn't work let me know.

I have already donethat beside adding on line "sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1" to /system/build.prop . I can access some hidden menu like enabling DM mode ##366633#, *#06#, *#1234# and some other codes but not *#*#4636#*#*.

ghamdan103

Feb 11, 2011
Sana'a
Finally I managed to change the network mode through DFS but it would be a lot easier with phone info

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: buhohitr

ghamdan103

Feb 11, 2011
Sana'a
How to Change Network Preferred Mode Through DFS.

You should provide step by step details here in order to help others...;)

If you are running 4.3 ROM I535VRUCML1
  • Enable hidden menu by Navigating to system/efs/carrier and edit the hidden menu file by writing ON instead of OFF. also add this line "sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1" to /system/build.prop and then reboot.
  • Enable DM mode by dialing ##366633# and choose enable DM
  • Now from the DFS navigate programming then NAM and in preferred setting scroll Pref Mode to choose which mode you want for example I wanted to change to CDMA Only so I chose CDMA_IS2000.
Note; If you can not connect through DFS the send 000000 SPC through CDMA workshop and then you can use DFS

Attachments

• DFS.jpg
    DFS.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 199

mosfet356

Jan 18, 2012
My device is not rooted and I would like to use phone info app. Is there a work around? Also what is DM mode?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ghamdan103

Feb 11, 2011
Sana'a
You can use easier way by using advanced Signal Status app but you have to be rooted.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Change Network Preferred Mode Through DFS.

If you are running 4.3 ROM I535VRUCML1
    • Enable hidden menu by Navigating to system/efs/carrier and edit the hidden menu file by writing ON instead of OFF. also add this line "sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1" to /system/build.prop and then reboot.
    • Enable DM mode by dialing ##366633# and choose enable DM
    • Now from the DFS navigate programming then NAM and in preferred setting scroll Pref Mode to choose which mode you want for example I wanted to change to CDMA Only so I chose CDMA_IS2000.
    Note; If you can not connect through DFS the send 000000 SPC through CDMA workshop and then you can use DFS

Finally I managed to change the network mode through DFS but it would be a lot easier with phone info