my SD became write protected.

Search This thread

sadler123

Jan 8, 2014
Hey everyone,,
I have a 16g micro SD card and it was fine until one week ago, I used an android app for downloading torrent called uTORRENT. I started to download a movie on my mobile left it for about half hour and when I came back and checked the downloading progress I noticed that the downloading stopped and a message was shown on the downloading line that say: write to disk error.
After this my SD card became write protected and I couldn't delete or download any thing to it.
I tried several ways and programs to remove the write protection from my SD card but I couldn't.
I also cheked my SD adaptor and it was unlocked. I couldn't delete or format the memory even on my computer.
Please help me with my problem.
Thanks...

arpit4

Jun 2, 2014
Agra
Your SD card's partition has a error..
Use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, a free software, to recover the partition after you connect it to your PC using a card reader, just to be safe. :thumbup:

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Free mobile app

sadler123

Jan 8, 2014
Hey guys..
Thanks for your replay, I tried mini tool partition wizard and when insert my SD card and choose it to operate on it all the options become in gray color and I can't select any option. Even when my SD card partitions are shown with the rest of my computer partitions.
I also tried to format my memo from non android phone (Nokia phone)..but I couldn't because the format option don't shows when I insert the card.
Also I cant delete any thing from it and it says disk is write protected or disk is read only.

elanimal1234

Sep 3, 2013
hardware switch

Hey everyone,,
I have a 16g micro SD card and it was fine until one week ago, I used an android app for downloading torrent called uTORRENT. I started to download a movie on my mobile left it for about half hour and when I came back and checked the downloading progress I noticed that the downloading stopped and a message was shown on the downloading line that say: write to disk error.
After this my SD card became write protected and I couldn't delete or download any thing to it.
I tried several ways and programs to remove the write protection from my SD card but I couldn't.
I also cheked my SD adaptor and it was unlocked. I couldn't delete or format the memory even on my computer.
Please help me with my problem.
Thanks...

some sd cards(microsd too) have a hardware switch ont hem that write protects them, chek that, if it's locked then unlock it, and just to be sure, back up the contents to your computer and format the card in your phone, then copy the data over thru usb to ensure the computer doesn't format it(depending on your OS it might)

arpit4

Jun 2, 2014
Agra
Hey guys..
Thanks for your replay, I tried mini tool partition wizard and when insert my SD card and choose it to operate on it all the options become in gray color and I can't select any option. Even when my SD card partitions are shown with the rest of my computer partitions.
I also tried to format my memo from non android phone (Nokia phone)..but I couldn't because the format option don't shows when I insert the card.
Also I cant delete any thing from it and it says disk is write protected or disk is read only.

When it greys out, just choose 'create new partition', enter the total volume and then apply the changes...simple as that, make sure to apply every change, it should be on the left pane topmost options..let me know if you're stuck

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Free mobile app