[Q] A500 APX Mode problem

Search This thread

svavrek

Oct 21, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Okay. Rooted the A500 this afternoon... got ready to flash the first step from blackthund3r's APX Flash Utility... I have the drivers, up to date, and clicked "No" to go back and get them (accidentally) and now it is sitting still saying "Acer Iconia APX Mode" in the upper left screen in white text with a nice green ACER logo in the middle, but it isn't doing anything and the APX tool says "Waiting for 4 seconds for the tablet to enter the bootloader", but the tablet is not entering such a bootloader... What now?

graphdarnell

Jan 25, 2012
Okay. Rooted the A500 this afternoon... got ready to flash the first step from blackthund3r's APX Flash Utility... I have the drivers, up to date, and clicked "No" to go back and get them (accidentally) and now it is sitting still saying "Acer Iconia APX Mode" in the upper left screen in white text with a nice green ACER logo in the middle, but it isn't doing anything and the APX tool says "Waiting for 4 seconds for the tablet to enter the bootloader", but the tablet is not entering such a bootloader... What now?

Oh dear, not that! No, I'm just kidding. As far as I know, it means the bootloader is not being written to the device either because it cannot be detected or a partition is screwed or more seriously, the partition table itself is messed up. If you dare, turn off everything, get into the APX Flash Utility and select a bundle package instead. You might get lucky the second or third or f...time around. There are several ways to work around this provided that the NAND is still functioning.

You can get this package and try to install the V8 Bootloader following the instructions contained therein. Read this thread for general explanation;

You can try downgrading to HC with this tool, and reflash upwardly from there once you get everything going again;

Or if you suspect the device has bad sectors, download this to repair. It does not actually repair, but seems to sidestep bad sectors and write to good ones.

Failing all the above, it is perhaps time you located a new board. I had one that froze during an update because I accidentally kicked off the AC Charger and it bit the dust. No amount of CPR did any good. Hopefully, it's not your case. Good luck.

Opus00

Jul 11, 2009
Kongsberg
Oh dear, not that! No, I'm just kidding. As far as I know, it means the bootloader is not being written to the device either because it cannot be detected or a partition is screwed or more seriously, the partition table itself is messed up. If you dare, turn off everything, get into the APX Flash Utility and select a bundle package instead. You might get lucky the second or third or f...time around. There are several ways to work around this provided that the NAND is still functioning.

You can get this package and try to install the V8 Bootloader following the instructions contained therein. Read this thread for general explanation;

You can try downgrading to HC with this tool, and reflash upwardly from there once you get everything going again;

Or if you suspect the device has bad sectors, download this to repair. It does not actually repair, but seems to sidestep bad sectors and write to good ones.

Failing all the above, it is perhaps time you located a new board. I had one that froze during an update because I accidentally kicked off the AC Charger and it bit the dust. No amount of CPR did any good. Hopefully, it's not your case. Good luck.

Thank you so much! The russian 'Babsector.rar' got my acer out of apx mode!

Rm_awesome

Aug 15, 2013
Usb debugging help

Hello,
I have an acer a500 and it is stuck in apx mode and since i didn't know it was going to be in apx the next day i didn't turn usb debugging on. This tablet is not rooted or changed in any way it is a stock tablet. .After looking for a good 9 hours straight, I have become desperate and now asking here. My computer recognizes the tablet as APX and I have no idea on how to turn USB debugging on and also I am using afterota and to get passed the second step (the USB debugging one) i need to have usb debugging on. I reaaly need an answer soon so i can use my tablet once again after about a year.

Thanks to all that respond!

leroijr407

May 23, 2015
Orlando
Hello,
I have an acer a500 and it is stuck in apx mode and since i didn't know it was going to be in apx the next day i didn't turn usb debugging on. This tablet is not rooted or changed in any way it is a stock tablet. .After looking for a good 9 hours straight, I have become desperate and now asking here. My computer recognizes the tablet as APX and I have no idea on how to turn USB debugging on and also I am using afterota and to get passed the second step (the USB debugging one) i need to have usb debugging on. I reaaly need an answer soon so i can use my tablet once again after about a year.

And again.........ughhhh..

No one responded.. worst forum for live help.. out. Unsubscribed

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hello,

Oh yeah ... wait over about a year. Than someone will answer soneone elses question posted after yours.....hhah..jjoke this is... xda I mean. Ahh. Ban me plleaseeee...aahhhh. waiting for it.. wait..aahhh. here it is.. no wait. They may ban me after a year...llol.. Jesus saves.. bub bye.....ahh. said Jesus. Now im really gettb banned... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.