Secret Code / Hidden Menu tester needed

Search This thread

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hi,

As you may know, you cannot enter the secret codes (e.g. *#0011#, *#27663368378#...) on a device that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.
I need someone to help me to test if these codes work on your device by using my app: Shortcut Master.

Here is how:
- Install Shortcut Master app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite
- Go to menu 'Secret Code Explorer', select your desire code (e.g. 0011, 27663368378, 0228, etc...) and tap to launch it.
- You can select 'Launch 0' or 'Launch 1' to test if it work. 'Launch 0' requires ROOT access.

Please kindly test and feedback. Thanks.

iTpHo3NiX

Aug 23, 2009
Hrm I just changed /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu with a root browser and changed it from OFF to ON and reboot, all codes work just fine.

Reactions: vndnguyen

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Hrm I just changed /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu with a root browser and changed it from OFF to ON and reboot, all codes work just fine.

It should work. Thank you for the feedback.

But in fact I want to check if my app works with a phone that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bruderhood15

Aug 4, 2012
Savannah
www.facebook.com
Please help

Hi,

As you may know, you cannot enter the secret codes (e.g. *#0011#, *#27663368378#...) on a device that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.
I need someone to help me to test if these codes work on your device by using my app: Shortcut Master.

Here is how:
- Install Shortcut Master app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite
- Go to menu 'Secret Code Explorer', select your desire code (e.g. 0011, 27663368378, 0228, etc...) and tap to launch it.
- You can select 'Launch 0' or 'Launch 1' to test if it work. 'Launch 0' requires ROOT access.

Please kindly test and feedback. Thanks.

i was looking around in the list of hidden codes and i guess i pressed on one that i shouldnt have. my phone still list 4G but lost data all together. wifi and calls work fine. please help

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
i was looking around in the list of hidden codes and i guess i pressed on one that i shouldnt have. my phone still list 4G but lost data all together. wifi and calls work fine. please help

Yes, I see. I have also faced with the same problem as you :)

I can't remember but there is a code that clear the APN settings. To fix it, you have to add the APN manually:

open Settings --> More networks --> Mobile networks --> Access Point Names --> + to add

If you don't know what parameters to input, you may have to contact your service provider (your mobile operator) for help.

Reactions: bruderhood15

bruderhood15

Aug 4, 2012
Savannah
www.facebook.com

I can't remember but there is a code that clear the APN settings. To fix it, you have to add the APN manually:

open Settings --> More networks --> Mobile networks --> Access Point Names --> + to add

If you don't know what parameters to input, you may have to contact your service provider (your mobile operator) for help.

That did the trick. APN was gone. Manually added it and all is well, THANK GOD LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vndnguyen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should work. Thank you for the feedback.

But in fact I want to check if my app works with a phone that has not been enabled the HiddenMenu.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I tried the first two that you gave as examples and both worked. I have not enabled the HiddenMenu.

EDIT: I only tried the Launch 0 option
    Works for me as well when I use the root required method.

That did the trick. APN was gone. Manually added it and all is well, THANK GOD LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app