[Guide][Root+CWM] Samsung Trend plus GT-S7580

Search This thread

yub

Nov 13, 2011
hello there. my phone does not turn on. When I insert charge a blank battery with the sign arrow display. Phone did not rooted so when i press volume down+home+power odin screen comes but it says downloading do not touch obviously nothing changing.

I wonder that can i download a stock rom and put in sd card try to set up? I have no idea to solve this problem.

I would be glad if you could help.

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
hello there. my phone does not turn on. When I insert charge a blank battery with the sign arrow display. Phone did not rooted so when i press volume down+home+power odin screen comes but it says downloading do not touch obviously nothing changing.

I wonder that can i download a stock rom and put in sd card try to set up? I have no idea to solve this problem.

I would be glad if you could help.

Go here and there is a link for stock firmware to. http://honai-android.blogspot.se/2014/02/how-to-root-galaxy-trend-plus-s7580-on.html

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Follow the tute in the link

yub

Nov 13, 2011
hey there. i did what you said to me. setup the rom via odin and then phone restarted but the logo of samsung didnt pass then i closed down the phone try to open it but still same problem.

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
hey there. i did what you said to me. setup the rom via odin and then phone restarted but the logo of samsung didnt pass then i closed down the phone try to open it but still same problem.

Make sure you follow to 100% and give it time. My first flash took about 20 mins. Also make sure you follow the instructions for flashing FW, not rooting.

yub

Nov 13, 2011
Make sure you follow to 100% and give it time. My first flash took about 20 mins. Also make sure you follow the instructions for flashing FW, not rooting.

I follow the step as i can. The problem is that i cant work with recovery mode since when press volume up+home+power samsung logo comes and no more happening.

one more note: my phone is work only when i plug into charge.

yub

Nov 13, 2011
Try volume down + home + power. Also if it only works when plugged in, your battery could be dead.

volume down + home + power gives me this screen
DSC02019-601x400.jpg

i am gonna buy new battery soon.

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
volume down + home + power gives me this screen
DSC02019-601x400.jpg

i am gonna buy new battery soon.

If loaded FW in odin, at that screen press volume up, connect to pc and make sure that you only have auto reboot and f. Reset selected in options tab. Click start in odin, wait for it to finish and you're good to go.

yub

Nov 13, 2011
If loaded FW in odin, at that screen press volume up, connect to pc and make sure that you only have auto reboot and f. Reset selected in options tab. Click start in odin, wait for it to finish and you're good to go.

i did it. problem is when the phone restarted it stops with samsung logo on the screen.

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
Stuck at boot animation screen? Fix Bootloop on Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580
If anything goes wrong, your device may stuck at booting animation. If your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 stuck at boot animation screen for more than 10 minutes, then follow these instructions:
Go to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together.
Now, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting the reboot system now option. In Recovery Mode use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.

yub

Nov 13, 2011
If anything goes wrong, your device may stuck at booting animation. If your Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 stuck at boot animation screen for more than 10 minutes, then follow these instructions:
Go to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together.
Now, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting the reboot system now option. In Recovery Mode use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.

i am not able to go to recovery mode. as you said when i try to hold volume up+home+power it stucks at boot animation.

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
i am not able to go to recovery mode. as you said when i try to hold volume up+home+power it stucks at boot animation.

First off, follow my instructions EXACTLY as I write. (ALL necessary files are attached in post except for stock FW). Extract the .rar files.

I assume you have the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 and not GT-S7580E/GT-S7580L. (if you do, tell me and I´ll find new links for you).

Go to one of or all these links and find and download the correct FW for your device+country and if possible carrier.
http://androidxda.com/samsung-galaxy-trend-s7392-stock-rom
http://www.editandroid.com/stock-firmwares-roms-for-samsung-galaxy-trend-plus/
http://www.mrcrab.net/stockrom/gt-s7392.html
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-S7580/

Points to be noted:
1) Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power

2) Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-General-Developer Options (As the Developer options are hidden by default on all Android device running on Android 4.2 or up, So go to Settings-General-About on your Galaxy Trend Plus and tap Build Number for 7 times to visible the Developer options.) (If your phone doesn't boot, then we assume it has USB debugging on). Otherwise you'll need to find a way (adb) to enable it.

3) Install USB driver for your device on your PC/Laptop.

4) Switch off and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode. Run ODIN as Admin.

5) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable

6) In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

7) Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in Odin.

8) Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5

9) In Odin screen, click on AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S7580XXDLJ5_S7580ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)

10) Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.

11) Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background

12) Your device should automatically reboot after completion

13) You can now disconnect your device from computer

14) Finish

Hope you successfully completed the update process. If you followed everything as mentioned in the above tutorial, then your device should now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

NOW ON TO ROOTING AND GETTING TWRP. (

Pre-Requisites:
Check battery percentage, charge your device to a decent level of at least 60% battery power. Your device should not turn off during installation.
Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging

1) Now, Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.

2) Run ODIN as Admin.

3) Now connect your Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 to your computer via USB cable.
In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

4) Uncheck the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options.

5) Now, click on the AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the TWRP.S7580.tar.md5 file.
Finally, click on the Start button to begin the process, wait few moments.
Unplug the USB cable from computer, you have installed TWRP Recovery.
Now, turn off your phone and go to TWRP by pressing and holding the Home+Volume Up+Power buttons together.
Select Install zip from SDcard , Select choose zip from SDcard and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
Select reboot to system now, SuperSU Installed and your device is rooted now, finish.

Attachments

• TWRP.S7580.tar.rar
    7.8 MB · Views: 2,981
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,639
  • Odin3_v3.10.6.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 893

yub

Nov 13, 2011
First off, follow my instructions EXACTLY as I write. (ALL necessary files are attached in post except for stock FW). Extract the .rar files.

I assume you have the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus GT-S7580 and not GT-S7580E/GT-S7580L. (if you do, tell me and I´ll find new links for you).

Go to one of or all these links and find and download the correct FW for your device+country and if possible carrier.

Points to be noted:

2) Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-General-Developer Options (As the Developer options are hidden by default on all Android device running on Android 4.2 or up, So go to Settings-General-About on your Galaxy Trend Plus and tap Build Number for 7 times to visible the Developer options.) (If your phone doesn't boot, then we assume it has USB debugging on). Otherwise you'll need to find a way (adb) to enable it.

4) Switch off and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode. Run ODIN as Admin.

6) In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

7) Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in Odin.

8) Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5

9) In Odin screen, click on AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: S7580XXDLJ5_S7580ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)

10) Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.

11) Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background

14) Finish

Hope you successfully completed the update process. If you followed everything as mentioned in the above tutorial, then your device should now running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

Pre-Requisites:
Check battery percentage, charge your device to a decent level of at least 60% battery power. Your device should not turn off during installation.

1) Now, Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy Trend Plus S7580 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.

2) Run ODIN as Admin.

In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin.

5) Now, click on the AP (PDA in older Odin) button and select the TWRP.S7580.tar.md5 file.
Now, turn off your phone and go to TWRP by pressing and holding the Home+Volume Up+Power buttons together.
Select Install zip from SDcard , Select choose zip from SDcard and select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
Select reboot to system now, SuperSU Installed and your device is rooted now, finish.

thank you so much @Lord_Flaya. I will try as soon as possible.

Reactions: EmeraldIce

SlimShady08

Apr 30, 2014
Hey guys
I got debian in my samsung galaxy trend plus!
I do not know if people here are linux savy but should i make a guide?
If yes in video or post it here?
Here is a preview https://youtu.be/kdJ8gRbCs58

Sent from my GT-S7580L using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
For those who are still looking for a good custom rom for the trend plus and trend duo, I can say that there is a unofficial port on the cm board. I'm currently running cm12.1 on my GT-S7580 and it is smooth as butter. Just google "GT-S7580 unofficial cm12.1" and you're good. :)

Lybross

Nov 25, 2008
PLS witch one of CWM is the latest for GT-S7580 only 6.0.3.7 or is it possible use non touch 6.0.5.1... thanks

pls in recovery.img file witch is possible imput it from terminal.. Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    This will void your warranty, so do at your own RISK

Requirements:
    - USB driver
    - Odin 3.07
    - Root file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
    - Recovery CWM

Install Clockworkmod Recovery and root
    - Install USB driver
    - Connect your phone as MTP and copy on Phone memory the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file ( without unzip it)
    - Remove your phone
    - Extract file recovery.tar.md5 from Recovery CWM in your desktop
    - Turn off your S7580
    - Press and hold Volume DOWN + Home + Power until you can read a Warning screen and press Volume UP to continue
    - Connect your phone to pc and wait for driver installing...
    - Open Odin 3.07 and the ID:COM should turn blue
    - Untick Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time
    - Click on PDA and select file recovery.tar.md5

attachment.php

- Press Start button
    - When you read PASS! unplug the usb cable

attachment.php

- Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power until screen turn off
    - Release only Power button and you are on CWM Recovery... ;)
    - Select (use Volume up/down and select with Power button) install zip -> choose zip from internal sdcard-> 0/
    - Select the Root zip and Yes - Install ..
    - After all is done select reboot system now

That's all :D

Press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power buttons for 5s to boot into cwm recovery mode.

Troubleshooting
    If you boot in stock recovery, after flashing CWM Recovery, you have to:
    - download Root Browser from Play Store
    - rename file install-recover.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak in /system/etc folder of your phone

I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2

Points to be noted:

14) Finish

Pre-Requisites:

2) Run ODIN as Admin.

You got root? I never goot root on my phone.

Please, try to flash this root file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. If it works, i add it on my first post
    I found what the problem. Мy Samsung has a new last version of firmware - S7580XXUBNA2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

I bought phone with that firmware, so I have problem.:confused:

WARNING TO ALL, IF YOU UPGRADE TO LAST FIRMWARE YOU WILL PROBABLY LOSE ROOT.

I need help and does anyone have any idea how root that firmware. :)

Thank you all. :)

I managed to root :)