[Q] Superoneclick (not responding)?

Search This thread

DaYoung1

Jan 6, 2011
I am trying to root my samsung infuse 4g and it is not allowing me to. I downloaded the superoneclick 1.9.1 shortfuse, turned usb debugging on, plugged the device in but everytime when i press root it goes to the waiting for device and then it says program not responding. I need to know if i have all the files and or programs to get this done. Its supposed to be easy, but its not working out for me. HELP HELP HELP ME PLEASE!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
I am trying to root my samsung infuse 4g and it is not allowing me to. I downloaded the superoneclick 1.9.1 shortfuse, turned usb debugging on, plugged the device in but everytime when i press root it goes to the waiting for device and then it says program not responding. I need to know if i have all the files and or programs to get this done. Its supposed to be easy, but its not working out for me. HELP HELP HELP ME PLEASE!!

Did you install the drivers?

bragOS

May 16, 2011
Ohio

You probably dont have drivers installed. They are included with samsungs media companion- kies. Search "kies" on google. Shouldnt be hard to find.

DaYoung1

Jan 6, 2011
When I plug in my usb cable I see a kies upgrade for my firmware. Should I upgrade to that and will that fix the problem maybe

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

DaYoung1

Jan 6, 2011
Can I download this directly to my phone or does it have to be from my laptop

DaYoung1

Jan 6, 2011
Ok I'm away from it now but I will. But what is the kies firmware update when you plug it up to the computer? Its on the top.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
Ok I'm away from it now but I will. But what is the kies firmware update when you plug it up to the computer? Its on the top.

kill kies, you dont want it running. having kies install the drivers. kies is a firmware update tool for updates att wont push over the air

KevinAlbrecht

Dec 3, 2007
Seattle
Late to the party. Root 'stalls' @ Step 7

Hey,

So I installed the drivers, disable virus scan & run Superoneclick2.2 and it Goes through several steps Killing..Starting...Waiting...etc... through Step 7, then it goes non-responsive.

I have done this dance three times with superoneclick & twice with InfuseRootUnlock_v4. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So I am un-rooted. Stock Froyo. - Thanks!

koriotto

Sep 16, 2009
Monterrey
Why dont you save the headache and Odin flash a pre rooted stock rom?? theres gtgx thread and h8rift among more many options....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

KevinAlbrecht

Dec 3, 2007
Seattle
Why dont you save the headache and Odin flash a pre rooted stock rom?? theres gtgx thread and h8rift among more many options....

I basically want to root just to open the possibility of flashing a GB Rom, but just wanted to perform this step prior to flashing anything.

This is my first Android. Was on EnergyROMs in the WM 6.5 arena.

atrix4nag

Jul 12, 2011
Maryland
Hey,

So I installed the drivers, disable virus scan & run Superoneclick2.2 and it Goes through several steps Killing..Starting...Waiting...etc... through Step 7, then it goes non-responsive.

I have done this dance three times with superoneclick & twice with InfuseRootUnlock_v4. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

So I am un-rooted. Stock Froyo. - Thanks!

I had the same issue, i tried with older version superoneclick1.X, it worked fine.
so use the older version.

koriotto

Sep 16, 2009
Monterrey
I basically want to root just to open the possibility of flashing a GB Rom, but just wanted to perform this step prior to flashing anything.

This is my first Android. Was on EnergyROMs in the WM 6.5 arena.

Hahaa nice i was same place as you where... I had Fuze and then Touch pro2 running energy roms... Well man you could try an older version of super obe click but.. The new one never gave me trouble.

And if as you say, you want to root to possibly flash a GB ron later the possibukity of Odin flashing a pre rooted Rom its still a good choice if super one click keeps giving you trouble, it will basicly leave your stuff like pics music etc intact and flash a rom with root included ill add you a few thread links when i get to my pc.

Reactions: KevinAlbrecht

KevinAlbrecht

Dec 3, 2007
Seattle
Hahaa nice ....
And if as you say, you want to root to possibly flash a GB ron later the possibukity of Odin flashing a pre rooted Rom its still a good choice if super one click keeps giving you trouble, it will basicly leave your stuff like pics music etc intact and flash a rom with root included ill add you a few thread links when i get to my pc....

Thanks koriotto. Very much appreceated. Not sure why I am having the issues. As I said, it is not just superoneclick giving me grief, but I tried a root & unlock_v4 as well.

Last edited:

KevinAlbrecht

Dec 3, 2007
Seattle
I had the same issue, i tried with older version superoneclick1.X, it worked fine.
so use the older version.

1.9x worked for me also, but there were allot of errors, that I had to click through. Donation made!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

...ill add you a few thread links when i get to my pc.

Thanks for the links koriotto. I went with an earlier 1.9x superoneclick for now, but I will get thos links bookmarked!

I do have a question tho. Your links are for ultimate unbrick, right? So basically that is a staock rom for users to flash back to if they go too far down the rabbit hole? ;)

- Thanks, Kevin

TheNeedle

Nov 19, 2011
It works fine if you don't use zergrush as the exploit.

Zergrush kept hanging for me with latest superoneclick version.

Switched exploit to psneuter and it worked fine

Top Liked Posts