[Q] Delete OTA files

Search This thread

ricequeen4u

Feb 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have an Asian version of One which is S-ON but rooted (Tampered and unlocked) with Clockwork Mod Recovery v6.0.4.6.
HBoot 1.55.0000 current os 3.63.707.4 the phone has downloaded software update 4.20.707.7 (330.06MB)

It keeps asking to install. When I say yes the phone enters recovery but there are a number of errors one of which is 'can't mount internal' but they fly by so quickly that I can't read them.The phone will then re-boot.

I'd very much like to update but I am loathe to unroot - besides I don't trust myself not to brick it.
Failing that could I simply delete the OTA files and thus do away with the install now/ later menu?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
I have an Asian version of One which is S-ON but rooted (Tampered and unlocked) with Clockwork Mod Recovery v6.0.4.6.
HBoot 1.55.0000 current os 3.63.707.4 the phone has downloaded software update 4.20.707.7 (330.06MB)

It keeps asking to install. When I say yes the phone enters recovery but there are a number of errors one of which is 'can't mount internal' but they fly by so quickly that I can't read them.The phone will then re-boot.

I'd very much like to update but I am loathe to unroot - besides I don't trust myself not to brick it.
Failing that could I simply delete the OTA files and thus do away with the install now/ later menu?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
You need to flash stock recovery for 3.63.x.x version for the ota to work, unlocked is OK

ricequeen4u

Feb 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
What do you see in recovery when it starts to install the ota? What version recovery did you flash?
No need for HTC repair
there was a green circle with a green down arrow pointing at a blue screen and progress bar then I went for coffee
upon return was a red triangle with exclamation mark
the recovery was recovery_1.29.707.16_R.img http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532159
which gave the red triangle, then flashed 4EXT recovery image which locks on entering bootloader.

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
there was a green circle with a green down arrow pointing at a blue screen and progress bar then I went for coffee
upon return was a red triangle with exclamation mark
the recovery was recovery_1.29.707.16_R.img http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532159
which gave the red triangle, then flashed 4EXT recovery image which locks on entering bootloader.

Seems like it started out applying the ota showing the progress bar.
Just to confirm, you should be using the 3.63.704.4-stock-recovery.img recovery from the link you sent. I don't see any _1.29.707.16??

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg