Xlte Launched in my Area

Search This thread

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
Does anyone know the apn we need or the modem to support xlte?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You may not need to do anything. You need to enable or have a ROM which has enabled hidden menus, and then you can check whether you are on xLTE. If you go to the dialer and dial *#0011# and hit send, you will see LTE CONN BAND and it will say "13" or "4". If it says 4 then you are on xLTE.

For me it rarely works inside buildings, but I notice I'm on it a lot when I am outside or in the car. You can check if it is enabled by dialing *#27663368378# and going to UE SETTING > SETTING > SYSTEM > NEXT PAGE > VZW B4 LTE ON/OFF > B4 Enable should have a star. If it does not, enable it. DO NOT change anything else or your phone will probably quit working right! Exit and Reboot phone and you're good to go.

There is a thread around here somewhere about enabling the hidden menus.

Reactions: matsuyamakaze

frostysax

Jul 29, 2010
B4

I went into the hidden menu and manually switched on B4 and made sure it had the asterisk next to, rebooted and then dialed *#0011# to check which band I was on and it always says I'm still on 13. Am I doing something wrong because it doesn't seem to stick on B4?

adoublearonn

Aug 26, 2007
Detroit, MI
I went into the hidden menu and manually switched on B4 and made sure it had the asterisk next to, rebooted and then dialed *#0011# to check which band I was on and it always says I'm still on 13. Am I doing something wrong because it doesn't seem to stick on B4?

No, I don't get B4 very often still and I live in the Metro Detroit Area and in a very densely populated area. Just check it when you are in different places and you may notice it has switched. At my old office I always had B4, and we moved 2 minutes down the street and now I don't anymore. I rarely get it when I'm inside houses or buildings. It's too bad there is no way to tell which towers have it enabled except just driving around and looking for it...

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No, I don't get B4 very often still and I live in the Metro Detroit Area and in a very densely populated area. Just check it when you are in different places and you may notice it has switched. At my old office I always had B4, and we moved 2 minutes down the street and now I don't anymore. I rarely get it when I'm inside houses or buildings. It's too bad there is no way to tell which towers have it enabled except just driving around and looking for it...

Band 4 is not good for getting inside a building. It's at 2,100 MHz whereas Band 13 is in the 700 MHz range and far superior for use inside a building.

You shouldn't care what band it's on as much as how well whatever band you're on you get reasonable speed and battery life.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

newuser134

Dec 18, 2009
You may not need to do anything. You need to enable or have a ROM which has enabled hidden menus, and then you can check whether you are on xLTE. If you go to the dialer and dial *#0011# and hit send, you will see LTE CONN BAND and it will say "13" or "4". If it says 4 then you are on xLTE.

For me it rarely works inside buildings, but I notice I'm on it a lot when I am outside or in the car. You can check if it is enabled by dialing *#27663368378# and going to UE SETTING > SETTING > SYSTEM > NEXT PAGE > VZW B4 LTE ON/OFF > B4 Enable should have a star. If it does not, enable it. DO NOT change anything else or your phone will probably quit working right! Exit and Reboot phone and you're good to go.

Just being on B4 does not necessarily mean you are taking advantage of XLTE. XLTE refers rather to the amount of bandwidth you are getting, other than that it just so happens to be on LTE band 4. In order to confirm that you are taking advantage of XLTE, after you make sure that B4 is on (with the asterisk next to it in the hidden menu settings), you also have to dial *#0011# then read the line where it says BW (either 1st or 2nd line, depending on your modem version), if BW (bandwidth) is 10mhz, you are still on regular LTE (regardless of B13 or B4), if you are on B4 AND BW is 20mhz, then you are on XLTE, meaning you have double the bandwidth of regular LTE. So far, I have NOT seen my bandwith change to 20mhz even though I am in an XLTE area and often on B4. In fact, when the phone is on B4 still with the 10mhz BW, the dl and ul speeds really suck, and connection is extremely erratic, and it just plain sucks, that's why Sprint and T-mobile's connections suck so much too, because they are on the higher frequencies. Unless you are getting the 20mhz BW on B4, for comparison B13 is far superior in signal and connection quality, and I always get much better connection speeds on B13, so don't get too excited yet unless you get the larger bandwidth.

Reactions: matsuyamakaze

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know the apn we need or the modem to support xlte?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Check this and this thread out for any help, but basically what you need to do is edit the file /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu with Root Explorer or ES File Explorer and change it from OFF to ON (uppercase required).

Just being on B4 does not necessarily mean you are taking advantage of XLTE. XLTE refers rather to the amount of bandwidth you are getting, other than that it just so happens to be on LTE band 4. In order to confirm that you are taking advantage of XLTE, after you make sure that B4 is on (with the asterisk next to it in the hidden menu settings), you also have to dial *#0011# then read the line where it says BW (either 1st or 2nd line, depending on your modem version), if BW (bandwidth) is 10mhz, you are still on regular LTE (regardless of B13 or B4), if you are on B4 AND BW is 20mhz, then you are on XLTE, meaning you have double the bandwidth of regular LTE. So far, I have NOT seen my bandwith change to 20mhz even though I am in an XLTE area and often on B4. In fact, when the phone is on B4 still with the 10mhz BW, the dl and ul speeds really suck, and connection is extremely erratic, and it just plain sucks, that's why Sprint and T-mobile's connections suck so much too, because they are on the higher frequencies. Unless you are getting the 20mhz BW on B4, for comparison B13 is far superior in signal and connection quality, and I always get much better connection speeds on B13, so don't get too excited yet unless you get the larger bandwidth.