[Q] [PROB] my i9500 shows up as i337 in download mode

Search This thread

Dadbeh

Jun 28, 2012
Berea
this is driving me bunkers. so i buy an unlocked i9500 in eBay from hongkong and everywhere on the box and on the phone itself it says i9500
but in download mode it shows up as SGH-i337 and also upon using the phone (stock) it randomly asks me to sync my AT&T contacts.

the SIM card that i used is not even AT&T. and also my attempt to install CWM via odin failed.

Dadbeh

Jun 28, 2012
Berea
this is driving me bunkers. so i buy an unlocked i9500 in eBay from hongkong and everywhere on the box and on the phone itself it says i9500
but in download mode it shows up as SGH-i337 and also upon using the phone (stock) it randomly asks me to sync my AT&T contacts.

the SIM card that i used is not even AT&T. and also my attempt to install CWM via odin failed.

the baseband version is I9500XXUEMJ9
i really dont understand this. why odin fails then?

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
You have an i337. It's simple as that. You have probably a rom installed that's based on a i9500 rom. So nothing to worry, you just need to look in the i337 section.

Dadbeh

Jun 28, 2012
Berea
ok this is just bizzare. so installing PHONE INFO SAMSUNG i get these:

phone model: i9500
device type: jflteatt
product name: jflteuc
boot loader version: i337ucuemk2
pda version: i9500xxuemj9

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam

It seems you have a true I337 because of the bootloader infos but all the rest is messed up with tricks done by former owners.

So you must reflash a stock I337 fw to refresh everything. get it from sammobile site.

edit :
ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

ro.product.brand=samsung

ro.product.name=jflteuc

ro.product.device=jflteatt
These are correct infos telling that your phone is a good I337 model.
see this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768192

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadbeh

anandraj58

Dec 26, 2014
Same problem

I too face the same issue...did you find any solution. Can you please share it ?

Takari

Aug 20, 2015
hi same problem

hi i have same poblem here and i can't use download mode to instal lolipop official or any ohter rom any solution u get there

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
As mentioned upthread, if the model number posted in Download Mode is SGH-I337, you have an AT&T Galaxy S4. Because of this, you will want to look in the AT&T Galaxy S4 forums for ROMs regarding your device. Unless you have no other alternative, I do not recommend installing AT&T firmware on the phone. If you do install AT&T firmware, it will work, but it will also update the bootloader to a version that disallows rooting and custom ROMs.

Ideally, you want to get your money back from whomever sold you the phone. Frankenphones are nothing but trouble.

bilalwiggles

Dec 31, 2012
It seems you have a true I337 because of the bootloader infos but all the rest is messed up with tricks done by former owners.

So you must reflash a stock I337 fw to refresh everything. get it from sammobile site.

edit :

ro.product.brand=samsung

ro.product.name=jflteuc

see this thread:
that actually wont work. you cant flash a stock rom on these . i tried the appropriate hong kong firmware and an i337 firmware. they just fail.

faheemakbar18

Feb 8, 2012
Sadiqabad
^ exactly
my friend had a phone like this. bootloader was t mobile, but wouldnt install rom using odin
I flashed cm11 for GPE and and baseband modem from m919 using cwm and it finally worked
I think these phones are made using working parts from different phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

edit :

ro.product.brand=samsung

ro.product.name=jflteuc

see this thread: