Galaxy Nexus (VZN) System Update: JRO03O

Search This thread

El Madhatter

Jul 3, 2011
Roswell
I received the system update notification (JRO03O) within the past hour. See pic.

Attachments

• IMAG0252-1.jpg
    IMAG0252-1.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 5,026

donsh00tmesanta

Oct 16, 2011
Oooo post pics after the install

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

It's a pretty big one maybe jelly bean

jimmyhook

Dec 14, 2010
Why is there no support documentation for this build on Verizon's web site? A little off...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Winesnob

May 20, 2012
Lorton, VA
Why is there no support documentation for this build on Verizon's web site? A little off...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Could be a soak test...hope OP has the link soon...

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Could be a soak test...hope OP has the link soon...

Check the pic - it's a test device. Numbers above the ear speaker.

kellexbarr

Nov 20, 2009
Well hello there, Jelly Bean. Dying to see this after install. Crossing fingers that the OP was able to grab a link to the file.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Somehow El Madhatter has a VZW testing phone. He got the IMM76Q update that borked search as well. He's credible. As with the IMM76Q update, I'm working with him via PM to get the filename. Everybody go rub one out and chill. We'll get the filename soon enough. :)

Since there's no support documentation, this is most definitely a testing build. Who knows if this will be the actual OTA, but at least we know it's being tested!

winner00

Sep 27, 2010
Please tell me you didn't hit restart and install?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
OP can you install a Logcat and post pics of it running? If this dont get out tonight i'll try to go to Verizon Store tomorrow and find this Update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I received the system update notification (JRO03O) within the past hour. See pic.
    OK gentlemen, this is definitely a testing build. It requires you first install the IMM76Q update. So you need to flash to IMM76K, upgrade to IMM76Q, then to JRO03O. The link is here:

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-mysid-JRO03O-from-IMM76Q.4a91da6c.zip

All the thanks goes to El Madhatter. I'm mirroring the file at randomphantasmagoria.com as I speak.
    Somehow El Madhatter has a VZW testing phone. He got the IMM76Q update that borked search as well. He's credible. As with the IMM76Q update, I'm working with him via PM to get the filename. Everybody go rub one out and chill. We'll get the filename soon enough. :)

Since there's no support documentation, this is most definitely a testing build. Who knows if this will be the actual OTA, but at least we know it's being tested!
    Looks like the Sprint GNex just received JRO03U with radio FH05 for both CDMA and LTE. Kernel date 8/28. Given that both are CDMA/LTE devices, can we assume that Verizon has yet another version of JB in testing?

Nope, apples and oranges. The Sprint Gnex has a kernel that's built by Samsung, not Google. Notice the se.infra@SEI-29 and the build date being in KST (Korean Standard Time). That's because the Sprint Gnex gets updates from Samsung, not Google. Verizon gets updates direct from Google and uses the AOSP kernel. So an 8/28 build date on the kernel only means that's when Samsung built it. It doesn't mean Google has done a new build for Verizon.

I wouldn't doubt it. Remember how the Verizon Gnex saw that 4.0.3 leak that never became official? I'm sure that's what's happening now.

IMM30B is what you're talking about. That was actually an early build of 4.0.4. But another IMM30B is probably not what we're seeing here. Keep in mind that every single Google-updated Nexus device (including the WiFi-only and VZW Xoom) are getting JRO03(X) builds for Jelly Bean:

JRO03C (GSM Gnex)
    JRO03D (Nexus 7)
    JRO03E (GSM Nexus S worldwide except Telstra Australia)
    JRO03H (WiFi Xoom and VZW has approved this for their Xoom and will hopefully be rolling it out soon)
    JRO03L (GSM Nexus S on Telstra Australia)
    JRO03O (VZW Gnex Testing Build)
    JRO03R (Nexus S 4G on Sprint)

The only one we still don't know about is the Korea Nexus S, though my money is on JRO03E.

If Jelly Bean had an IMM30B case, it would have probably been JRN84D which shipped on the Nexus 7 and was also released to those GSM Gnex devices that they gave away at IO 2012. That was the one that let them work out the bugs.

If 4.1.1/JRO03(X) builds weren't intended for every Google-updated Nexus device, they would have done a limited rollout to one or two devices, a-la 4.0.3 and made everyone else wait for a 4.1.2 release. Also, historically, whatever updates the GSM Gnex gets, Verizon gets too eventually. They both got ITL41(X) builds for 4.0.1, they both got ICL53F for 4.0.2, they both got IMM76(X) builds for 4.0.4. The GSM Gnex never got 4.0.3 and neither did Verizon.

The only devices that got 4.0.3 were the 900 MHz (T-Mobile) GSM version of the Nexus S and the WiFi-only Xoom. All other Nexus S devices, as well as the VZW Xoom and all Galaxy Nexus devices stayed put on whatever their most recent firmware was until 4.0.4 came out. There was much ire out of the Nexus S camp that the AT&T and Sprint devices were stuck on Gingerbread until 4.0.4 came out, while the T-Mobile camp got to have all their ICS goodness. What they didn't realize was that the 4.0.3 build for the Nexus S was anything but "ICS goodness". It was absolutely craptastic and most of us who ran it as a daily driver hated it. There were more problems with that build than I could possibly list. haha Apparently the 4.0.3 build for the WiFi-only Xoom (IML77) was much better and I remember being really bummed that VZW didn't get it...and to pour salt on the wound, we got a system update a month after the WiFi Xoom got ICS...but the VZW update wasn't ICS...it was a Honeycomb update that did nothing but fix an issue with restoring data connectivity after coming out of airplane mode. haha