Found the best screen protectors for HTC Sensation !!!

Search This thread

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Try rubbing it with a rubber wristband

Sent from my Sensation using XDA App
I don't have a rubber wristband. But why should it be better as my fingernail or a creditcard? As I do, I can pressing away the air bubble, but after I release the screen it comes back again. So I think the screen protector cannot forming itself at the corner. The form is there too complexity. Perhaps it should be heat for that, no?

fashofasho

Nov 1, 2010
edit: nvm, the buyer adjusted the price accordingly based on the quantity, the prices use to be off

Last edited:

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
Generally I don't like screen protectors but 8 for $4, I ordered them. Why not at that price.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

nrvnqsrxk

Jul 23, 2011
Well I got this and I must say I love it. Just two questions.

1) If you look at the screen protector, on the bottom end of one side, there's a little half circle over there. I put that on the bottom of my phone near the search button.

Thanks! ^_^

That dimple should be on the top. It's intentionally cut like that so it doesn't get in the way of a sensor.

Since you also scratched your protector, do it over.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

gilla409

Apr 26, 2010
Run ur thing over and over to create some friction...

That's what she said. :p Sorry, I had to, lol.

I've been raw dogging it with my Sensation 4G since I got it, and so far it's screen is as pristine as it was out of the box (knock wood.) Then again, I keep it in my right front pocket with nothing else in it, so there's nothing to scratch it. As stated before, Gorilla Glass is not scratch-proof, but scratch resistant (and does a great job of it, too.) I ran my HD2 for 2 years without a SP with no problems, and my S4G seems to be just as durable. I'm just super careful about how I carry and handle my device, rather than haphazardly tossing it into my pocket along with keys, change, and other dangerous bits.

It's not that I'm against screen protectors, I got tired of wasting money on sub-par products, so I figured I would wait until other users found something worth trying. These seem to be a great value, so I think I'll give them a shot. $3 and change isn't much of a loss if they don't work out.

About the curved glass... as much of a PITA it is for screen protectors, the idea is actually ingenious. Because the screen is set into the device, there's less chance of it getting scratched from dropping it face-down. I'm also using a TPU case, which is raised around the edges, protecting the screen even further from drops. However, if this SP works out like I hope, I'm going to look for a slimmer case with less of a raised edge.

About the seller's shipping ethics... I definitely think it's shady that he's marking orders as shipped, and not shipping for days later. Is he using stamps for postage on standard envelopes? If so, then there's no excuse for him not to fill out an envelope, slap a stamp on it, and drop it in his outgoing mail. However, if he's using padded envelopes, or using more postage than a stamp, it's just not economical for him to drive to the post office for every order. The gas alone would eliminate his profit margin. Regardless, he should note in his shipping policy that it can take several days to ship. Being honest with your customers goes a long way, and at his price, I doubt he would lose a single customer over such a condition. I'm just glad so many of you have posted your experiences, so I'll know what to expect when ordering.

Anyway, thanks OP for the info, I'll be placing my order Tuesday!

Edit- OP, can you comment on your SP's current condition after months of use? Someone mentioned that it becomes less slick, and causes touch screen responsiveness issues... is this the case with yours?

Last edited:

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
Everyone who believes gorilla glass cannot be scratched, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EimSyAIuDoI

FYI, I had a Samsung Captivate for a year without a screen protector and dropped it a lot, the cheap effing plastic dings and scratched but the screen remained pristine.
I tried several screen protectors and they all made the screen look like total garbage, Zagg yellows and orange peels, as does Skinomi, Invisashield, and Ghost Armor.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

focmost

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for sharing. I've searched protector for sensation some time, so far I can't find a really suitable screen protector covering the full surface. Hope that it will really do me a favor.

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
Well I got this and I must say I love it. Just two questions.

1) If you look at the screen protector, on the bottom end of one side, there's a little half circle over there. I put that on the bottom of my phone near the search button.

2) I was using a credit card to take out the air bubbles and apparently there was something sticky on it -_-. So it left some little sticky marks on the screen protector and some wont come off. It's really tiny but still it's pissing me off. Is it worth taking it off and putting a new one on?

Thanks! ^_^

That cut out is for the top left of the phone screen for the sensor there. If you look closely with some light on your screen you will see it above the t and c in the htc logo. its the same shape as the cutout. I think its either the proximity or light sensor. Looks almost like a bubble under the screen but its not . These protectors are perfect. Thanks for the tip!

I also used some water to apply mine. Just ran it under water then shook it off. Then I lined it up and applied with a credit card. For the concave I just used my thumbs to smooth it out. When I was finished you could see some residue under the screen, but after a day or so its perfect.

If you use water, pull your battery first. Use a screen cloth to soak up the water bubbles when your are pressing them out with your thumbs. You need very little water to do this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Hey everybody,

I bought the suggested screen protector and I installed it with the instruction in the first post. By my first attempt a little dust was under the protector, so I tried it again. The second attempt was successful. But I think the corners on our PDA is not screen-protector-friendly. :(
By all four corner I have air under the protector. Corners on the top are 99% okay and the bottom right corner is 90% too. But the bottom left corner at the Home button seems a little bit terrible. See my attached photo.
IMG_0461_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Is it a tip for hide away this air bubble? I tried all with my fingernails and credit card.

Guys, yesterday morning I removed this air bulb successful with a quick hard rubbering move with my fingernails. Today the air bulb still not there! I'm very happy! This screenprotector really the best! Thx for the suggestion AZ2ENVY!

fashofasho

Nov 1, 2010
Just for clarification, whenever you guys refer to rubbing those corners/curves, what you mean is you are making a scratching motion over and over until it sits right? Also, How did you line up the face detection sensor cut out, I noticed in the picture the circle is actually slightly bigger than the sensor right? So did you aim it so that there is just a slight gap? Close pictures of that area would be appreciated!

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Just for clarification, whenever you guys refer to rubbing those corners/curves, what you mean is you are making a scratching motion over and over until it sits right? Also, How did you line up the face detection sensor cut out, I noticed in the picture the circle is actually slightly bigger than the sensor right? So did you aim it so that there is just a slight gap? Close pictures of that area would be appreciated!
First I tried so with this repeately moving, but it was unsuccessful. Then I tried heating the phone with gaming on angrybirds. ;) I though it will be heated the screenprotector too. But no...
Then in a morning after I waked up, with my fingernails I made only one (but definitely strong) scratching and it was successful!
Now only the right bottom corner is 99%, but with this I can live.
IMG_0468_small_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

NeoBlade

Jan 26, 2009
www.eMagi.co.uk
Ordered mine on the 7th, claimed it was shipped on the 8th and nothing has arrived yet :( The seller has gone back to me saying he will resend them to me. Hopefully they will arrive this time...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

slvrhwk

Aug 15, 2011
Bought the OP's screen protector. Put them on today afternoon. After using it for 5-6 hours, I must say, they're awesome! (especially for the price) I put it a little too much on the right, but it's fine. Will take care when I install the next one. But gonna keep this one for as long as it sticks. Money well spent. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

fashofasho

Nov 1, 2010
Ordered mine on the 7th, claimed it was shipped on the 8th and nothing has arrived yet :( The seller has gone back to me saying he will resend them to me. Hopefully they will arrive this time...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App

Does anyone know if sending him a message ensures that he will ship it faster? I live in the same state as him and it still has not arrived. I just dont want to message him and piss him off, he might send me like the oldest screen protectors he has or something :p

Last edited:

blackdog7

Mar 29, 2008
Budapest
Bought the OP's screen protector. Put them on today afternoon. After using it for 5-6 hours, I must say, they're awesome! (especially for the price) I put it a little too much on the right, but it's fine. Will take care when I install the next one. But gonna keep this one for as long as it sticks. Money well spent. Thanks.
Congratulation!

I see you have air-bulbs on the corners too.

HashTagHell

Jun 26, 2010
DMV
Ordered mines on the 18th and they arrived today. It's amazing how close they come to completely covering the screen. I plan on installing them on me and my wife's phone sometime this weekend.

Thanks OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay Ive wasted alot of money of different styles of screen protectors
    for the Sensation . Its a common ritual for me with new phones though .
    I look for best fit , clarity , soft feel , and style . With the Sensations
    screen being curved its a pain to find the one that fits all of these
    requirements successfully . But as of today I found a worthy screen
    protector . So I thought I would share and direct you guys towards
    them :) First is the eBay link where you can get these exact ones .
    Then here is the pics of them installed on my S4g :) Please hit the
    Thanks button if I helped ! Enjoy ...

***Updated Link 4/24/12***

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270961808166#ht_2116wt_1163

DSCN1564.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

Tools needed :

Hair Dryer
    Microfiber towel or lint free extremely soft towel
    Dust free area
    Credit card or something alike with nice edges and not scuffed , chipped

Installation tips :

1: Make sure the area is dust free , I prefer the bathroom .
    2: Sit the phone on something soft and lint free
    3: Make sure the screen is absolutely free of fingerprints,lint,etc.
    4: Heat up the screen protector with the hair dryer so its hot to the
    touch (DO NOT HEAT PHONE !)
    5: Peel off #1 side of protector
    6: Apply carefully to screen so all edges are symmetrical in placement

Here is where I do things different.....

7: Rub the protector onto the phone , You will notice only the center
    section sticks down and a large portion of the sides and top where
    the beveled edges are will not stay stuck down . This is fine just rub
    so you can get as much to stick as possible .
    8: Peel off #2 side of protector , be careful to NOT peel off actual screen
    protector when doing this since the edges are not stuck down .
    9: Rub the protector on the phone with your fingers and credit card or
    whatever you chose to lay edges down and get air bubbles out . You
    will notice that the protector is very pliable now and will cooperate
    very nicely !
    10: Post pics for everyone to see :)
    11: Enjoy !
    Those look fantastic on your S4G. I just ordered a pack, thanks so much for the recommendation!
    Tools needed :

Hair Dryer
    Microfiber towel or lint free extremely soft towel
    Dust free area
    Credit card or something alike with nice edges and not scuffed , chipped

Installation tips :

1: Make sure the area is dust free , I prefer the bathroom .
    2: Sit the phone on something soft and lint free
    3: Make sure the screen is absolutely free of fingerprints,lint,etc.
    4: Heat up the screen protector with the hair dryer so its hot to the
    touch (DO NOT HEAT PHONE !)
    5: Peel off #1 side of protector
    6: Apply carefully to screen so all edges are symmetrical in placement

Here is where I do things different.....

7: Rub the protector onto the phone , You will notice only the center
    section sticks down and a large portion of the sides and top where
    the beveled edges are will not stay stuck down . This is fine just rub
    so you can get as much to stick as possible .
    8: Peel off #2 side of protector , be careful to NOT peel off actual screen
    protector when doing this since the edges are not stuck down .
    9: Rub the protector on the phone with your fingers and credit card or
    whatever you chose to lay edges down and get air bubbles out . You
    will notice that the protector is very pliable now and will cooperate
    very nicely !
    10: Post pics for everyone to see :)
    11: Enjoy !
    How durable are they?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

They are very durable . very scratch resistant . Soft to the touch and
    very smooth . Fingerprint resistant :)

Thank you for having manners :) The 5th one is missing because its on my phone . (Just thought I would cover
    my ass since people love to tear others apart here)

DSCN1567.jpg
    If you guys need some tips on installing them when you get them let me know :)
    I found out a pretty good way to make them look perfect .