[KERNEL] 2.6.29.6-nAa-14 [23/8/12] Custom Gingerbread kernel + CWM Recovery

Search This thread

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hi,

I've installed nAa-Kernel and later CM7.2.2. (step by step as explained in CM7.2.2 thread). I did this without SIM-Card (should have no influence - or?). Everthing seemed okay, but later I inserted SIM-Card - no GSM. Also in network-search no other operator (i tried this with two SIM / ePlus /Tmobile - normally good signal strength at home). Wifi is working.
I tried PC Companion and Seus without success. After flashing Stock-Rom didn't work. After boot and PIN insertion no launcher appers, no GSM, no functions. Only the blue background picture of Sony launcher, and notification slider works.
I tried to flash Stock kernel (Paul-xxx has uploaded long time ago), but it didn't help. And I found no other Kernel - al links are broken.

So at the moment I've installed XMP-Rom, generell function are okay but I can't call. This reduces the sense of a mobile phone a little bit ;-)

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad

SmaRkieS

Feb 27, 2011
Hi,

I've installed nAa-Kernel and later CM7.2.2. (step by step as explained in CM7.2.2 thread). I did this without SIM-Card (should have no influence - or?). Everthing seemed okay, but later I inserted SIM-Card - no GSM. Also in network-search no other operator (i tried this with two SIM / ePlus /Tmobile - normally good signal strength at home). Wifi is working.
I tried PC Companion and Seus without success. After flashing Stock-Rom didn't work. After boot and PIN insertion no launcher appers, no GSM, no functions. Only the blue background picture of Sony launcher, and notification slider works.
I tried to flash Stock kernel (Paul-xxx has uploaded long time ago), but it didn't help. And I found no other Kernel - al links are broken.

So at the moment I've installed XMP-Rom, generell function are okay but I can't call. This reduces the sense of a mobile phone a little bit ;-)

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad

Restore back to original firmware using SE PC Companion, and re unlock bootloader again.

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Restore back to original firmware using SE PC Companion, and re unlock bootloader again.

Hi SmaRkieS

as I wrote I tried PC Companion and SEUS. Both with same result. After flashing phone reboots not into normal launcher. It is only Sony blue background picture, but nothing else. No launcher, no apps. Screen reacts, but only function is notification slider.
So SEUS and Companion doesn't work. I tried to load CWM backup (I tried a backup to rooted Stcok-ROM and to Pauls SonyStyle-ROM, with nAa-Kernel and with Stock-Kernel, but GSM doesn't work. At the moment I have no idea what to do.

Regards Odiad

xopito_cc

May 4, 2011
@odiad:

Why don't you flash to stock using seus/pc companion again and then try to make again the whole process to install the rom (root, unlock bootloader, kernel) but with the Sim card inside ur phone?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

craterib

Dec 19, 2010
Puducherry
Hi,

Any ideas / solutions?

Regards Odiad

Hi,
Try using flashtool and flash one of the firmwares (under your device name, u20i for x10 minipro) given in the same page.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=826455

After flashing see if network is available. To rule out sim card error check it by inserting it in a different phone. Use another sim card and see if it works in your phone.

All the best! :)

Last edited:

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hi,
Try using flashtool and flash one of the firmwares (under your device name, u20i for x10 minipro) given in the same page.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=826455

After flashing see if network is available. To rule out sim card error check it by inserting it in a different phone. Use another sim card and see if it works in your phone.

All the best! :)

Hello craterib,
all links to german ROMs are broken (unfortunately) but I would like to try with UK-Rom. But download ROM is a zip-file, ni tft-file. And Flashtool show no zip. And CWM also not work. Or is it a xrecovery-ROM ?

Regards Odiad

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
Hello craterib,
all links to german ROMs are broken (unfortunately) but I would like to try with UK-Rom. But download ROM is a zip-file, ni tft-file. And Flashtool show no zip. And CWM also not work. Or is it a xrecovery-ROM ?

Regards Odiad

Does anybody has an a Stock ROM (german or english language) as a ftf-file for Flashtool on harddrive ? Please upload and tell me upload-link. I need this to get my GSM running (hopefully). I tried all other ways (SEUS/PC Companion/Other Kernels and ROMs). So please upload ftf.

Thanks in advance, Regards Odiad

odiad

Jun 12, 2007
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
@odiad:

Why don't you flash to stock using seus/pc companion again and then try to make again the whole process to install the rom (root, unlock bootloader, kernel) but with the Sim card inside ur phone?

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Hello xopito_cc,

yes of course from the moment when I add the SIM and had the problems of missing GSM function I tried to flash several Roms/Kernel - and everytime with SIM. I don't think that missing SIM was the reason for these problems, but anyway - problem of missing GSM is still there.

Regards Odiad

PS: Has anybody stock rom as ftf-file ?

static28

Aug 26, 2011
Sa puso mo
hey NAA,
I must say the last version of your Kernel is merely excellent! Its very responsive and snappy as well as now rock stable for me! Thanks for porting it over to our device!
I wish I had more time at the moment :D My fingers are itching to work on something new :D

did not see this.. slade was alive last feb.. woohoo!
miss this guy!

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
how to change splash screen on x10 mini pro.

hey guys, do any of you know how to change the splash screen for these devices? i just put mine up to minicm7 and noticed that this kernal has changed the splash screen. is this only able to be implimented by the kernal or is splash screen changes for this device just too awkward to do? i usually am a htc man :D
cheers for any and all help :cool:

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
While trying out the ICS version+kernel I made a backup of my installed miniCM 7 and went ahead and all. I then decided I didn't like ics that much, so went to restore the backup (using this, correct, kernel) but it simply sais MD5 mismatch.

So then I went on trying to restore earlier backups, and it keeps saying this.

Well since I messed enough with my ics rom to make it worthwhile backupping too, I inserted the ICS kernel and again tried to restore (this time the ics rom) and again it sais md5 mismatch.

As a last test, I tried making a backup and (without rebooting) directly restore that backup and.... md5 mismatch yet again!

Any of you have any experience with this happening? and how to solve it?

juliuscaesar

Apr 16, 2009
Shepton Mallet
While trying out the ICS version+kernel I made a backup of my installed miniCM 7 and went ahead and all. I then decided I didn't like ics that much, so went to restore the backup (using this, correct, kernel) but it simply sais MD5 mismatch.

So then I went on trying to restore earlier backups, and it keeps saying this.

Well since I messed enough with my ics rom to make it worthwhile backupping too, I inserted the ICS kernel and again tried to restore (this time the ics rom) and again it sais md5 mismatch.

As a last test, I tried making a backup and (without rebooting) directly restore that backup and.... md5 mismatch yet again!

Any of you have any experience with this happening? and how to solve it?
Hi. I came across this once on the older CWMv3 but it may not be the same issue. I copied everything off the sdcard and wiped it and only put the backup back I wanted and it restored. I guess it must have needed more space?

Reactions: Carpe-Dimi

Carpe-Dimi

Jul 13, 2011
Hi. I came across this once on the older CWMv3 but it may not be the same issue. I copied everything off the sdcard and wiped it and only put the backup back I wanted and it restored. I guess it must have needed more space?

Thanks for the advice.

I have a 16 gig card in there tho with 11 gig free space, but formatting that and placing only the backup back on it didn't solve it for me :(
Doing the same for the original 2 gb memory card and sticking that in with just the backup also gave me md5 mismatch.

But I have solved it now by first reflashing the rom's system partition (as normal) and then making a second package for the data partition, which i unpacked from the nandroid backup files.

This skipped some settings and 1 app got corrupted in the process, but atleast it saved me enough trouble.

----
EDIT: I formatted again and then repartitioned my sdcard (cleared partition and recreated it), and now it works again on this card, but still not on the other one.
EDIT2: After wiping the cache and creating another nandroid, i got the md5 mismatch again. But the one i created earlier still works
EDIT3: However, after restoring that first backup my phone wouldn't boot anymore and i had to reflash the rom yet again.

So In the end, it still doesn't work as it should :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: juliuscaesar

staud

Dec 26, 2011
Hello guys,

my X10 Mini Pro with MiniCM7-2.1.9 by nAa with nAa kernel needs again your help. The hardware keyboard produces lots of problems. Approx every 20 seconds I get the following error, no matter if I am trying to type something or doing completely different stuff on the phone:

The application standard text input (process com.sonyericsson.android.textinput) was closed unexpectedly. Try again.
Below the button: force close
(Literally translated from German)

This setup (MiniCM with nAa kernel) has been running perfectly for about 2 months. When I flashed it then I replaced the keyprint.xml with the german version by Slade87 which made the german keyboard layout possible (qwertz). Everything has been fine, till yesterday. I've no explanation what went wrong since I get those force closes.

I found out that this workaround always helps for a while: Manage apps > all > standard input > clear data.
But after a while, the error is back.

Meanwhile I carried out a full (!) wipe and reflashed the ROM. After a while the problem was back again! I even tried another ROM (StarK). Same problem after a while. Last thing I did was reflashing the nAa 11 kernel via Flashtool.

What else can I do??? Is my problem related to the ROM or kernel or is this a hardware issue?

Note: Another inexplicable bug that I have with any ROM for a while: Sometimes the touchscreen doesn't react to touches, especially on the lockscreen. But with that I could live.

luguxd

Aug 7, 2011
hey guys I just installed this, and I was going to install this ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365683 but something happened when trying to connect phone with usb to the computer:

When I check "Turn on USB storage", SD card unmounts from the phone so I cant use USB storage.

Another problem is with WiFi,I have installed a minicm7 ROM and when I try to activate Wifi it says Error.

Anyone can help me with this 2 problems?

Reactions: Nephentos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Search no more. This is THE kernel for your gingerbread x10mini pro.

Before unlocking your bootloader, read this thread
    If you brick your device, you are the sole responsible.

Features:
    • Based on stock 2.6.29 SE sources
    • Upgraded to Linux kernel version: 2.6.29.6
    • Ported various components from 2.6.35 / 38
    • Significantly fast booting time (~25 secs from power button to lockscreen)
    • CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 in kernel
    • Netfilter support / AP support / Usb tethering
    • Swap support
    • Tun/Tap
    • Mddi fix
    • Ext3/4 support
    • Modules auto-copying at boot
    • Dual touch options:
      - Fake dual touch in kernel (thanks to andrej456) (default)
      - Modular fake dual touch in kernel (thanks to doixanh)
      - Modular no dual touch
    • Many CPU freq governors to chooce from: interactive, interactivex, minmax, smartass, smartass2, scary and savagedzen
    • Modular Undervolt
    • NOOP ioscheduler
    • TINY RCU
    • DM_CRYPT_GLOBAL_WORKQUEUES
    • Ramzswap for compcache
    • Offline charging embedded in the kernel
    • Stable and fast oveclocked frequencies (not enabled by default)
    • Frequency table: 19MHz - 864MHz
    • Default CPU governor: interactive
    • Two way call recording (might be against the law for some countries, you are responsible for using this feature)
    • Interface Stat support for ICS
    • Memory management and binder improvements from gb kernel
    • Many, many feature and stability patches from various kernel sources
    • ICS DRM support

IMPORTANT:
    • For wifi to work, the ROM MUST have Wifi built from sources as in CM. If this is not the case, the Wifi WONT work, DON'T compain here about that.
    • For vibration, the ROMs need to use the gb implementation.

FAQ:
    If you have any issues, please read the FAQ thread first: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1266911

Requirements:

Install:
    • Backup
    • Unlock your bootloader as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17384177&postcount=3 or here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254225
    • Download the kernel ftf file from here and move it to Flashtool\firmwares so that Flashtool can pick it up
    • Flash the kernel via Flashtool
    • Reboot and check Settings -> About Phone:
      attachment.php

Uninstall:
    • Flash back to stock using Flashtool or SEUS.

Performance:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Sources:
    The linux kernel is GPL'ed, everyone who does modifications should make them publicly available.
    https://github.com/nobodyAtall/nAa-kernel

Credits: the_laser, FreeXperia and the rest of XDA devs who helped bypassing the bootloader!
    DaRk_dOg for his awsome boot logo ;)

Donate:
    If you are enjoying my work please consider donating: .
    Donations are voluntary but allow me to spend more time on this project.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Kernel bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk!
    nAa-14
    • ICS DRM support
    nAa-13
    • CWM Recovery 5.0.2.8
    • Fixed boot into recovery issues
    • Latest gingerbread busybox and init
    • Panic timeout set to 1sec for shakira
    nAa-12
    • Fixed touchscreen multitouch modules to load
    • Kernel boot animation
    • Memory improvements from ICS
    nAa-11
    • Proximity and Lightsensors report events as they should now
    • Fix for robyn keypad
    • CWM support for formatting sd-ext
    • CWM for shakira is no longer ldpi
    nAa-10
    • msm/kgsl: Porting kgsl 1.1 from 2.6.35 gives a good performance boost for 2d/3d operations
    • acpuclock: Improved overclocking from 2.6.35
    • shakira: keyboard reset with HOME + POWER
    • pmem: Porting pmem from 2.6.35
    • Bugfixes and improvements: sha1, vfs_cache_pressure, net/ipv4, net sched, pid, mm/vmscan.c
    • Module for disabling dual touch altogether
    • Performance governor selected in recovery
    • NOOP ioscheduler (faster for android)
    • + 2MB More RAM (184MB in total)
    • Cypress touchscreen fixes for notification bar pull up
    nAa-09
    • Updated CWM recovey to the latest version (5.0.2.7)
    • Interactive governor selected in recovery
    • Minor smartassv2 fixes
    nAa-08
    • Significantly faster booting time (~25 secs from power button to lockscreen)
    • Less crasses regarding reboot
    • Jhash improvements
    • Two way call recording
    • Modular dual touch based on dx's DT (replaces existing DT if insmoded)
    nAa-07
    • Offline charging
    • Improved overclocking frequencies in kernel (no overclocking module needed for over 600MHz)
    • Interface Stat support for ICS
    • Sleep improvements for armv6
    • Implemented WLOD on kernel panic
    nAa-06
    • Ported latest akm8973 sources to work for the mini
    nAa-05b
    • Usb mounting via CWM
    • DDMS screen capture
    nAa-05
    • Updated USB drivers to semc GB sources
    • New gb vibrator implementation
    • Cpu frequency fixes
    • Switched to fake dual touch from andrej456 (seems to be the best choice for the mini)
    • CIFS and utf8 support
    • CWM 5.0.2.3
    nAa-04
    • Update to Linux kernel 2.6.29.6
    • NPARTS event support for disk devices
    • All around Improvements and bug fixes in:
      BFQ, mutex adaptive spins, mm, irq, mmc, cpufreq, hrtimer, mtd, memcpy/memmove, yaffs
    • Removed FPS uncap since it caused issues with scrolling and with some apps
    • Gingerbread init/init.rc
    • Boot logo
    • Fixed ddms screen capture
    nAa-03
    • BFQ ioscheduler
    • TINY RCU
    • DM_CRYPT_GLOBAL_WORKQUEUES
    • Removed FPS Cap
    • Display power-off optimizations
    • Droidwall support
    • Memory management and binder improvements from gb kernel
    • scary and savagedzen CPU governors
    • Export scaling_available_frequencies attr in /sys
    • Ramzswap support for compcache
    • Many bug fixes and optimizations from upstream regarding:
    • mm, cifs, sctp, timed_gpio, net sockets, tcp, fs: pipe.c, yaffs, ext4, dm-crypt, arm, sctp

nAa-02
    • Ext3/4 support
    • Modules auto-copying at boot
    • Fake dual touch in kernel (doixahn's 007)
    • CPU freq governors: interactive, interactivex, minmax, smartass, smartass2

nAa-01
    • Netfilter / AP support (WiFi tethering)
    • Swap support
    • Tun/Tap in kernel
    • Mddi fix in kernel
    • Modular Overclock / Undervolt
    • CWM recovery v4.0.1.5 in kernel
    Hi folks!

nAa-10 is ready for use. Changelog for this build:
    ### nAa-10:
    * msm/kgsl: Porting kgsl 1.1 from 2.6.35 gives a good performance boost for 2d/3d operations
    * acpuclock: Improved overclocking from 2.6.35
    * shakira: keyboard reset with HOME + POWER
    * pmem: Porting pmem from 2.6.35
    * Bugfixes and improvements: sha1, vfs_cache_pressure, net/ipv4, net sched, pid, mm/vmscan.c
    * Module for disabling dual touch altogether
    * Performance governor selected in recovery
    * NOOP ioscheduler (faster for android)
    * + 2MB More RAM (184MB in total)
    * Fixed touchscreen pull up notification bar (vertical and horizontal)

NOTE: Kgsl 1.1 is compatible only with MiniCM7-2.1.8 for the time being.

Enjoy!
    Hi all,

nAa-09 released!

Changelog for this kernel:
    ### nAa-09:
    * Updated CWM recovey to the latest version (5.0.2.7)
    * Interactive governor selected in recovery
    * Minor smartassv2 fixes

Have fun ;)
    Hi folks!

nAa-12 is released with small performance and awesomeness based tweaks:
    * Fixed touchscreen multitouch modules to load
    * Kernel boot animation
    * Memory improvements from ICS

Enjoy!