Thank You XDA

Search This thread

nigo242

Sep 4, 2012
I believe this is my first Post.....

Hope this is thread appropriate, if not, delete it or lock it or whatever.

I just wanted to give a huge thank you to this forum and all of XDA-developers forum for the vast amount of information here that helped my noob-ass save my phone.

I recently bought a used Samsung Galaxy SIII (AT&T) and was very curious on the world of Android. I've been on an iphone since the first one, and tried android a while back (Samsung Galaxy SkyRocket) - and wasn't thrilled. However, I wanted to give it another chance.

I learned the noob ways of rooting the phone, installing custom roms, using TWRP and a bunch of other goodies. However, my carelessness put me in a situation where i installed the rom kind of rom and ended up hard bricking my phone. Scared and afraid, not sure what to do, I tried to send it back to Samsung, but they were on my game already... lol - they wouldn't fix it and sent it right back.

I thought about paying for JTAG service to get it back to a state where I can use it; however I started to search XDA a bit more and found so many answers and discovered even more questions.

I learned how to use a debrick script on an SD card to get my phone back to power on, installed recovery stock / flash bootloader / kernels / reinstall binary, etc etc. Ultimately, I'm back to where i was at the beginning. Probably a little smarter about what I'm installing and flashing; but so happy that a place like this exists that saved me some $, and kicked me some knowledge.

It was a long journey filled with panic, frustration, and ultimately satisfaction and enjoyment.

Thank You XDA.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Nigo,

I agree with you about how helpful this forum with it's developers and contributors has been. I will stay on here and continue to benefit. I have also referred others to here.

I hope we both sufficiently let them know how much they have helped us.

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
I just wanted to give a huge thank you to this forum and all of XDA-developers forum for the vast amount of information here that helped my noob-ass save my phone.

I thought about paying for JTAG service to get it back to a state where I can use it; however I started to search XDA a bit more and found so many answers and discovered even more questions.

I learned how to use a debrick script on an SD card to get my phone back to power on, installed recovery stock / flash bootloader / kernels / reinstall binary, etc etc. Ultimately, I'm back to where i was at the beginning. Probably a little smarter about what I'm installing and flashing; but so happy that a place like this exists that saved me some $, and kicked me some knowledge.

It was a long journey filled with panic, frustration, and ultimately satisfaction and enjoyment.

Thank You XDA.

While I am not a developer, I am happy to see someone who actually took the time to read and learn. Thank you for that. I will admit that I have asked a few dumb questions, but for the most part I took what was already written and utilized it resulting in very few problems.

D1v1d3d

Nov 30, 2012
Definitely one of the best places for support and help around for our android needs. For sure a huge thank you to the community and helpful people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
yes,thank you

Definitely one of the best places for support and help around for our android needs. For sure a huge thank you to the community and helpful people.

yup, origanally was searching for this mystical thing called 'root', to deliver me from bloatware. my phone, so i figured my choices. after coming down from mt.odin and receiving the holy blessing of ROOT and superSU, I stumbled across another wonderous entity. AND IT SHALL BE CALLED.... X D A (insert big clap of thunder and a lightening bolt or two), ok, ok, ok......thank you to a gracious and patient community for your efforts,generosity,questions,answers, and knowledge. it may take a village to raise a child but it takes XDA to raise a newb!! (yes i will learn what the heck happens between 'download' and 'flash')(no pop quiz yet though,lol, still researching)
thanks button pressed,donate when can,pro version purchased when appropriate.
mrrocketdog
one brick wiser
att sghi747
Quantum goodness-3.63

Reactions: sjamie

Azzimodo

Dec 3, 2010
I too feel the need to say it as well. Thank you XDA.

I'm sure I'm still a noob in many ways, but a noob with a custom S4 and whose wife has a custom S3. I've never had to ask a question even when I made some ugly mistakes. All the answers are here if you spend the time to look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe this is my first Post.....

Hope this is thread appropriate, if not, delete it or lock it or whatever.

I recently bought a used Samsung Galaxy SIII (AT&T) and was very curious on the world of Android. I've been on an iphone since the first one, and tried android a while back (Samsung Galaxy SkyRocket) - and wasn't thrilled. However, I wanted to give it another chance.

I learned the noob ways of rooting the phone, installing custom roms, using TWRP and a bunch of other goodies. However, my carelessness put me in a situation where i installed the rom kind of rom and ended up hard bricking my phone. Scared and afraid, not sure what to do, I tried to send it back to Samsung, but they were on my game already... lol - they wouldn't fix it and sent it right back.

Thank You XDA.
    Nigo,

I agree with you about how helpful this forum with it's developers and contributors has been. I will stay on here and continue to benefit. I have also referred others to here.

I hope we both sufficiently let them know how much they have helped us.

Thank You XDA.

While I am not a developer, I am happy to see someone who actually took the time to read and learn. Thank you for that. I will admit that I have asked a few dumb questions, but for the most part I took what was already written and utilized it resulting in very few problems.
    yes,thank you

yup, origanally was searching for this mystical thing called 'root', to deliver me from bloatware. my phone, so i figured my choices. after coming down from mt.odin and receiving the holy blessing of ROOT and superSU, I stumbled across another wonderous entity. AND IT SHALL BE CALLED.... X D A (insert big clap of thunder and a lightening bolt or two), ok, ok, ok......thank you to a gracious and patient community for your efforts,generosity,questions,answers, and knowledge. it may take a village to raise a child but it takes XDA to raise a newb!! (yes i will learn what the heck happens between 'download' and 'flash')(no pop quiz yet though,lol, still researching)
    thanks button pressed,donate when can,pro version purchased when appropriate.
    mrrocketdog
    one brick wiser
    att sghi747
    Quantum goodness-3.63