[Q] A500 Lag During Charging

Search This thread

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all, I have 1 issue with my A500. Only during charger plug in, my tab become super lag. This problem started when I doing overclock using flexreaper extreme.

Tried to flash new kernel from eztery, upgrade bootloader to v8, and flash lightspeed ics rom. None of these works as I still have this problem. Even on recovery screen, my tab is not responsive when charger plugged in.

I don't know what caused this. Is anyone having the same problem? Please help.

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
im on the same but no probs while charging, maybe titanium backup,. nandroid and wipe all and re-install flexreaper

Reactions: kazai

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
actually i've tried that already. Real format and wipe all and flash different rom and kernel. Strangely it just heppen while charging. Do you think this is hardware problem?

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
actually i've tried that already. Real format and wipe all and flash different rom and kernel. Strangely it just heppen while charging. Do you think this is hardware problem?

i think it must be as ive never read anything about this anywhere before did it do this when you was stock?

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I never have this when on stock. Even after on flexreaper for few months also no problem. This only happen after upgrade to flexreaper extreme with OC. Weird.

bouncer665

Feb 28, 2012
Does your tablet have a loud screen whine while it charges? Mine has been doing that for sometime now...

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
Does your tablet have a loud screen whine while it charges? Mine has been doing that for sometime now...

def take it back and get a replacement that's a hardware flaw another member posted about that then eventually his tab died and wouldnt charge up, if i was you matey i would take it back asap to show them the whining sound so they cannot say you did something to break it, plus you'll have that noted down incase they dont do anything and it then does break.

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Mine have no sound while charging. It charge the battery as usual. Only the tab become less responsive and typing using on-screen keyboard is a headache.

have you clocked it back to 1ghz? might help you out? im not really sure dud srry:eek:

Tried that already, still have problem. I can minimize the problem by increasing the minimum frequency to 600+MHz.

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
I don't believe its lag. The switching power supply causes some touch screens (such as mine) to become less sensitive requiring much harder finger presses

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
Hello all, I have 1 issue with my A500. Only during charger plug in, my tab become super lag. This problem started when I doing overclock using flexreaper extreme.

Tried to flash new kernel from eztery, upgrade bootloader to v8, and flash lightspeed ics rom. None of these works as I still have this problem. Even on recovery screen, my tab is not responsive when charger plugged in.

I don't know what caused this. Is anyone having the same problem? Please help.

If it worked on other versions, just flash back to what worked before or back to ota for real proof. You said it worked till you changed software, so change back and prove it's not hardware.

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Bingo. You are right. I just realize that. It is actually less sensitive. Do you have any idea how to solve it?

I found some weird results by making a circuit. Try touching the tab with one finger and a laptop track pad with another. There's a tingle. I think it's a design defect internally - perhaps the screen assembly is touching something it shouldn't be. So in terms of a solution, I don't believe there is one, unless there's a way to earth the screen?

Reactions: kazai

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I have once dissemble the back cover. I'm not sure whether this is where the problem started. But I don't have this problem initially. Something is wrong with my device, just don't know where's the problem come from. I might touch something causing short circuit or something.

Tried flashing the stock ROM and still no luck. I don't think its a software issue.

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
I have once dissemble the back cover. I'm not sure whether this is where the problem started. But I don't have this problem initially. Something is wrong with my device, just don't know where's the problem come from. I might touch something causing short circuit or something.

Tried flashing the stock ROM and still no luck. I don't think its a software issue.

My tablet hasn't been opened and it still has this problem but not always. It hasn't done it recently.

I'm sure it's not a software thing but for the record I'm on Thor's ROM

kazai

May 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Today I noticed something. I do have this problem when charging at my office. Looks like this issue only happen at certain wall plug. It happen at my house but not my office. Could be something with grounding.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

blackthund3r

Feb 27, 2012
London
Today I noticed something. I do have this problem when charging at my office. Looks like this issue only happen at certain wall plug. It happen at my house but not my office. Could be something with grounding.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

Perhaps it is to do with the consistency of the power supply. My house is pretty old so I suppose there would be more voltage variation. When I get home I'll try and find a spare surge protector and see if it stops the issues. The actual existence of the issues is pretty sporadical though. There is no clear answer to this.

I do think you're onto something though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im on the same but no probs while charging, maybe titanium backup,. nandroid and wipe all and re-install flexreaper
    Bingo. You are right. I just realize that. It is actually less sensitive. Do you have any idea how to solve it?

I found some weird results by making a circuit. Try touching the tab with one finger and a laptop track pad with another. There's a tingle. I think it's a design defect internally - perhaps the screen assembly is touching something it shouldn't be. So in terms of a solution, I don't believe there is one, unless there's a way to earth the screen?