Clock & Date jumping crazy after removing the battery

Search This thread

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
Hi guys, I need your help please: I am using a HTC HD2 with WM6.5 stock ROM (RUU_Leo_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.14.707.3_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14_LEO_S_Ship.exe) and nearly everytime I disconnect the battery the clock and date are jumping to another random value, sometimes even a week or two before the current date, time as well to any possible value.

Disconnecting the battery is unavoidable since the phone is sometimes completely freezing with black screen during a call and I cannot stop it in any other way but by disconnecting the battery. This might happen even once in 3 to 5 days. Besides that horrible locking, setting again the date and time is quite unpleasant.
As experiment I have removed the sim, powwered off the phone and the date and time stayed correct even after several days.
Anybody else having the same problem with clock and date while removing the battery?
Any solution somebody can share with me, please?
Thank you!

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Hi There My Friend

Hi guys, I need your help please: I am using a HTC HD2 with WM6.5 stock ROM (RUU_Leo_S_hTC_Asia_WWE_3.14.707.3_Radio_15.42.50.11U_2.15.50.14_LEO_S_Ship.exe) and nearly everytime I disconnect the battery the clock and date are jumping to another random value, sometimes even a week or two before the current date, time as well to any possible value.

Disconnecting the battery is unavoidable since the phone is sometimes completely freezing with black screen during a call and I cannot stop it in any other way but by disconnecting the battery. This might happen even once in 3 to 5 days. Besides that horrible locking, setting again the date and time is quite unpleasant.
As experiment I have removed the sim, powwered off the phone and the date and time stayed correct even after several days.
Anybody else having the same problem with clock and date while removing the battery?
Thank you!
My friend Maybe The Problem Is Related To HD2's Board Which Doesn't Have BIOS CLOCK Battery To Save Date And Time But You Can Try Android Or WPH Or Other Windows Mobile ROMs Like Energy / Artemis and etc. That May Help Avoid Freezes ... :laugh:

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Reactions: axelTP2

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
The problem is that the internal tiny battery is dead so when you pull out the battery you reset the clock and even the date to original state. The problem with the call stuck can be solved very easily, just flash a newest Stock WM 6.5.2. But I will suggest to install Android and you will revive the HD2 and you do not believe what you can do again with you phone. Sorry to say but I can't believe you stay on WM6.5 this days, WM6.5 die long time ago.

Reactions: axelTP2

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
Thank you guys for answering me.
What tiny bios battery are you talking about, this is a phone not a PC??? I've never heard on any smartphone about coin battery!!!
OK, I might be interested to try the Energy ROM, if you think that it will solve the problem, but what is exactly the element that will repair the bug that I am talking about? Which means anyway at the end of the day that this is a software (ROM) problem and not a hardware problem.

I have to stay with WM for certain compatibility issues, but I use the phone only for voice calls, SMS and mail, what else do I need a phone with small screen for? For the other things I have the Android tablet, I own also an Android new phone, so that's why I intend to keep WM6.5x on my HD2, it does the job.

And nobody answered if meeting the same problem on his WM6.5 HD2 phone. Is this a wellknown native HD2 problem?

Thanks again......

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
My friend, HD2 it a hell old device dinosaur with prehistoric hardware. Already the device have 5 years from the first release. All recent phones have a tiny battery inside to keep up clock and date and it's normal after all this years a kind of battery like that can die. Search before post.
Also your OS is compromise so if you format the phone and install new Rom this will fix and help the phone to work properely so you will not have freezings and yes is not hardware related. For the end is not a native problem, is random and for such a old phone is normal to have some problems.

Attachments

• Capture_066.jpg
    Capture_066.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 56

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
My friend, HD2 it a hell old device dinosaur with prehistoric hardware. Already the device have 5 years from the first release. All recent phones have a tiny battery inside to keep up clock and date and it's normal after all this years a kind of battery like that can die. Search before post.
Also your OS is compromise so if you format the phone and install new Rom this will fix and help the phone to work properely so you will not have freezings and yes is not hardware related. For the end is not a native problem, is random and for such a old phone is normal to have some problems.

Thank you eclyptos! I take it that the photo is of an opened HD2.

If so, the solution to my clock & date problem is to replace that battery with a new one, isn't it? That is if not hard-soldered on the board. Is this an easy to find battery? I will open my HD2 one of these days. So far for the battery.

As for the freezing, the solution is to flash again the ROM, preferable a customized ROM, right?

Thank you again!

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
you could first try changing radio version as 2.15.50.14 (test one from my signature) was known to cause call drops & hanging in some roms including original released nbh updates.
if radio does not resolve it then going to latest HTC rom or a good custom rom should resolve it. Energy is good, I use an older Energy build as better compatibility to software we use, CleanEX is another good custom rom worth looking at.
All links including 2 links to older solid performing energy roms & the thread main links can be found in the HD2 Wiki
As for the time issue, if not resetting completely to original date when device was new it could be a bug as a few roms had this issue (even energy custom rom does), is also possible the time battery on mainboard is dead but have 7+ year old htc devices that still work fine so would suggest checking the cell for power reading with a good multimeter. Although if you get a good solid WM rom the time issue will not be a burden as will hardly if ever need pull battery & battery pulling should be a last resort only used if pushing & holding the soft reset pin fails to restart the device.

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well

Thank you eclyptos! I take it that the photo is of an opened HD2.

If so, the solution to my clock & date problem is to replace that battery with a new one, isn't it? That is if not hard-soldered on the board. Is this an easy to find battery? I will open my HD2 one of these days. So far for the battery.

As for the freezing, the solution is to flash again the ROM, preferable a customized ROM, right?

Thank you again!
My friend ... Replacing the battery isn't an easy task you know ? It deals with the phone's sensitive motherboard ... so I don't recommend to replace it yourself ... just prevent having freezes by switching the ROM ... ( Thats the best way )

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
My friend ... Replacing the battery isn't an easy task you know ? It deals with the phone's sensitive motherboard ... so I don't recommend to replace it yourself ... just prevent having freezes by switching the ROM ... ( Thats the best way )

Yes, is true. You will never find the battery to replace yours, first of all, second the battery is welded to mainboard.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Disconnecting the battery is unavoidable since the phone is sometimes completely freezing with black screen during a call and I cannot stop it in any other way but by disconnecting the battery.
Below the battery cover there is a little reset button which reboots the phone. Use this instead of pulling the battery. Don't use a sharp object (damage), nor a pen or pencil (frequent use can cause build up of deposits). Pulling the battery and replacing frequently can bend the battery pins.
Hope this helps:)
Edit; oops, Mister B has already mentioned this, i missed it first reading.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There My Friend

Thank you!
    My friend Maybe The Problem Is Related To HD2's Board Which Doesn't Have BIOS CLOCK Battery To Save Date And Time But You Can Try Android Or WPH Or Other Windows Mobile ROMs Like Energy / Artemis and etc. That May Help Avoid Freezes ... :laugh:

With Best Wishes
    Hitman1376​
    The problem is that the internal tiny battery is dead so when you pull out the battery you reset the clock and even the date to original state. The problem with the call stuck can be solved very easily, just flash a newest Stock WM 6.5.2. But I will suggest to install Android and you will revive the HD2 and you do not believe what you can do again with you phone. Sorry to say but I can't believe you stay on WM6.5 this days, WM6.5 die long time ago.