[DEV] Galaxy Mini/Pop Plus Development - GT-S5570I

Search This thread

djjoza

May 30, 2011
Rijeka
i need some help. can this phone be network unlocked??

i soft bricked my phone and restored it following sukhad's post (btw, thanks for that!) and i've tryed to unlock my phone using this thread (bml5 method) and couldn't make it work. it extractes a file of 12,5 MB (somewhere in the thread says it should be around 25 MB) and i can't find that code in it.

would flashing to some other stock firmware help me do this?? because i don't know what firmware is in sukhad's post...i just wanted to unbrick my phone :))

p.s. can i find somewhere the original stock firmware which was in my phone (Croatia, T-mobile's subnet Multiplus mobile)??

thanx for your help ;)

edit: ok, unlocked it! found this thread and give it a shot and it works :)

Last edited:

kmamidal

Mar 4, 2012
we can't play games like nfs shift and asphalt 5 even after rooting and installing chainfire 3D, i sold my galaxy mini S5570I and bought xperia mini, now i am able to play nfs shift,asphalt 5,gta 3 and real steal smoothly without any lag..

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
com.android.phone using 100% CPU

It has been few days that I have the process

com.android.phone

using 100% CPU. I use top after an adb connection. So yesterday I reflashed the stock ROM from scratch, using the repartitioning option and cleaning everything in sdext2. It has been fine until the battery dropped under 10% (I deleted the battery stats as well so I was draining the battery) and then it became so slow that it was nearly unusable.

restarted the phone after few minutes the phone process went up to 100% again. Rebooted, same thing.

Can anyone check if this is a common problem? Any idea how to fix this?? I sure can't uninstall its apk!! :mad:

EDIT: in case anyone is interested I believe I've found the culprit. It seems the application

Automatic Bluetooth Toggle PRO

kicks the phone process when it disables the Bluetooth. After few testing I uninstalled it and so far it is fine. Unless it is something related to the Bluetooth stack itself that after being turned on/off many times drives out crazy.

Last edited:

mohyi64

Mar 26, 2006
Thank you for your post. It worked with my s5570i, I wonder if arabic language support firmware can be added. thank you

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
If you flashed the ROM - then it might already support Arabic properly. Please download Arabic keyboard and check.
If it doesn't - you can find and run madmack's script on the ROM to make it support better, since the ROM is deodexed.

aN1maToRRR™

Mar 26, 2012
Mumbai
Can u guys suggest me some good hd games which work on galaxy mini +....coz i tried ganstar 1 and it started ....but the player and cars were not visible ...there were white patches !!! :(

anto.danny

May 21, 2011
Chennai
lol...:D:D this thing cant even run a ldpi optimized asphalt 5,i wonder how much good it does with HD:D:D:D,sorry i didn't mean to offend you or anything :)

D

dbtvillanueva

Can u guys suggest me some good hd games which work on galaxy mini +....coz i tried ganstar 1 and it started ....but the player and cars were not visible ...there were white patches !!! :(

Lol try Panda Run , its a good game like temple run .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Pop Minus (LOL) GT-S5570I using XDA

gtavo

Oct 17, 2009
Valencia
Well, here it is. The regular disclaimers: I take no responsibility for bricked, semi-bricked, quarter-bricked and otherwise non-functional devices. Your choices, your risk. I don't take any credit for the build itself, just for ripping it off the phone, packaging and sorting out various mishaps in it - credits for the ROM itself go to someone in Samsung IL or their importer labs, I guess. Credits for update.zip template go to sajidmkhan and his HYBRID ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ROM Base: native GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4 build.
All the HW should be functional.

Version 1.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/?a0ojod38owkeqsv
Description:
This is a stock deodexed rooted ROM (old Superuser - I'll try to update to SuperSU if I get to fix Email.apk), includes RTL patch - Hebrew/Arabic should work fine. Doesn't include Email.apk, which crashes. Otherwise everything looks functional.

Version 1.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vfl7aersaxyvdmx
Changes: fixed and added Email.apk (MS Exchange support), fixed SU access, changed to SuperSU, added sysrw/sysro scripts, removed Perfect Keyboard, sorted out updater-script.

Instructions:

1. Put the file on your SD card.

2. Boot to stock recovery:
Power down the phone.
Press and hold VolUp + Home.
Press and release Power.
Recovery should load.
Release Home.
Release VolUp.​

3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". It'll erase all user data. This step is MANDATORY.

3. Choose "flash update.zip", and select the file on the SD card.
Stock recovery accepts unsigned files.​

DON'T use CWM recovery - it doesn't flash anything!

Thanks in advance for your hard work, I would try your rom, but I have one question, my s5570i is rooted, but the app droidwall doesn´t work because the ip tables are not where the program searchs for them, so, Is droidwall working in your rom¿?

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Thanks in advance for your hard work, I would try your rom, but I have one question, my s5570i is rooted, but the app droidwall doesn´t work because the ip tables are not where the program searchs for them, so, Is droidwall working in your rom¿?

Have no idea, never tried. Since it wasn't my phone, I can't try now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not try to flash mini KERNEL/ROM/RECOVERY in a plus device. Most probably you will soft/brick your device.

mini/pop plus have few different hardware parts and nand structure. here is some plus hardware specs. ODIN not detecting plus device. Reply if anyone have more information and developing.

Attached working root and cwm zip files.
    Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power
    Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power

Processor: ARMv6 rev 5 - 832Mhz
    RAM : 362 MB - 72MB Reserved
    GPU : Broadcom Videocore 4
    NAND : 512MB
    system : stl9 - 225MB
    cache : stl10 - 35MB
    data : stl11 -189MB

rtj4w2.png
    j0jtdd.png
    dz8bab.png

Unbrick S5570I

HOW TO UNBRICK

This is a tutorial that got my Galaxy Mini Plus/Turbo Unbricked
    1. Download this: S5570I.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ct2k0ujc4ys9z7

Extract it (WinRaR)
    2. Open Odin3_v1.84.exe
    3. Press PIT and choose tassve_0623.pit
    4. Press BOOTLOADER and choose DefaultCalData....
    5. Press PDA and choose PDA_S5570I....
    6. Press PHONE and choose MODEM_S5570I....
    7. Press CSC and choose GT-S5570I-MULTI....
    8. Shut down your phone if it isn't
    9. Reboot it in ODIN Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
    10. Press Volume Up to enter The Odin Download Mode
    11. Now the ODIN should recognize your phone (Yellow text comes up in the program LEFT upper corner
    12. Press start
    13. Wait for it to finish, it should pop up a blue message RESET and then PASS in green.
    14. You're done
    READ: After you unbrick it, your phone is in italian. To fix this, press the right button after you boot up your phone, then choose preferred language.
    Enjoy

TESTED & WORKING
    Well, here it is. The regular disclaimers: I take no responsibility for bricked, semi-bricked, quarter-bricked and otherwise non-functional devices. Your choices, your risk. I don't take any credit for the build itself, just for ripping it off the phone, packaging and sorting out various mishaps in it - credits for the ROM itself go to someone in Samsung IL or their importer labs, I guess. Credits for update.zip template go to sajidmkhan and his HYBRID ROM.

ROM Base: native GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4 build.
    All the HW should be functional.

Version 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0ojod38owkeqsv
    Description:
    This is a stock deodexed rooted ROM (old Superuser - I'll try to update to SuperSU if I get to fix Email.apk), includes RTL patch - Hebrew/Arabic should work fine. Doesn't include Email.apk, which crashes. Otherwise everything looks functional.

Version 1.1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vfl7aersaxyvdmx
    Changes: fixed and added Email.apk (MS Exchange support), fixed SU access, changed to SuperSU, added sysrw/sysro scripts, removed Perfect Keyboard, sorted out updater-script.

Instructions:

1. Put the file on your SD card.

2. Boot to stock recovery:
    Power down the phone.
    Press and hold VolUp + Home.
    Press and release Power.
    Recovery should load.
    Release Home.
    Release VolUp.​

3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". It'll erase all user data. This step is MANDATORY.

3. Choose "flash update.zip", and select the file on the SD card.
    Stock recovery accepts unsigned files.​

DON'T use CWM recovery - it doesn't flash anything!
    updated 1st post with working root and cwm zip files and benchmark screen shots.
    Checked Galaxy Y custom ROM on Mini Plus.

Results:
    ADB works.
    Screen works.
    Buttons work.
    WiFi doesn't work.
    Orientation sensor is shifted 90% right.
    GPS works.
    USB Mass Storage works.
    Sleep mode restarts the thing.

I also have a custom deodexed 2.3.6 for Galaxy Mini backed up. Missing boot.img though. And boot.img of Galaxy Y is most likely responsible for WiFi and orientation sensor failures.

Looks like I can create a ROM ZIP that will have some, if not all, functionality.

Will update soon.

P.S. CWM in first post doesn't help much - it can't flash anything, only back up.